Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By toy4x4
  1.    #1  
    I don't know what is wrong with me, but I like watching the release. I like finding out what is fixed. I like finding out what is new.

Yes, I've been burned at times, but that goes with the territory. If stuff just worked out of the box 100% I would always be bored.

I'm looking for the changes and updates for the Touchpad over the next 6 months!
    I'm with you. I enjoying seeing the platform evolve even if I have to deal with growing pains once in a while.
    Yeah, it comes with being a gadget nerd. Though I do find it a lot easier when there isnt a 3 year contract involved.

I had a great time with my original Pre watching and waiting for the updates as well, just hope the touchpad's updates come as thick and fast, been awfully disappointing recently as theres only been one update to the webOS 2 and my pre isnt being supported anymore.
    I especially like trying oddball designs. I've had a Moto Krave, Samsung Continuum and Kyocera Echo. The last seems to get ripped in this forum a lot, but those of us who actually have one like it a lot, and accept the issues that come with new/different designs. My Pre2 is still my main phone however. I have only turned on my computer a handful of times since getting the TP. I'm liking this early adoption so far.
    I would feel this way too if the majority just didn't seem like caught up and bug fixes.
    Yeah....I used to like tinkering and finding work arounds. WebOS is fantastic for that. Problem is, my patience for it has worn thin - especially since my free time has dwindled. When i use my electronics, I want them to work with minimal effort. I am very impressed with my iPad2. I use it as a laptop replacement and it works great. 75% of the things I do on it is simply not possible on the TouchPad. It is a shame but most consumers don't care about nor want to mess around with patches and work arounds. My pre plus is heavily patched and running 2.1 but I would have rather had the functionality through OTAs. WebOS will have trouble gaining traction when it only appeals to gadget geeks.

I'm definitely going to give iPhone5 a good look. It is only a rumor now however it may very well be available before the Pre3. That is ridiculous to me especially since the Pre3 was ANNOUNCED in February. IPhone 5 is a rumor and is probably going to be out soon. Really??

Anyway, iOS 5 looks pretty good with better notifications and more unified messaging. Plus advanced gesture support! C'mon HP....STEP IT UP!
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    I'm definitely going to give iPhone5 a good look. It is only a rumor now however it may very well be available before the Pre3. That is ridiculous to me especially since the Pre3 was ANNOUNCED in February. IPhone 5 is a rumor and is probably going to be out soon. Really??

Anyway, iOS 5 looks pretty good with better notifications and more unified messaging. Plus advanced gesture support! C'mon HP....STEP IT UP!
    My only problem with Apple iPad and iPhone is IOS 3 and 4 being so out dated and lacking in features. If Apple finally steps up and makes IOS 5 worthy of our time (multitasking, data notifications, synergy interfacing - basically enhances features just like webOS), I'll seriously take a look, and jump with only limited hesitation.

Okay, maybe a lot of hesitation! I love webOS for what it offers, but I've always said "everyone has to try things out, see what works for them, and trust their own instincts." No device is perfect, not by a long shot, and hopefully HP can make the Pre3 the end all phone for me in the next couple months. Android simply doesn't work at all very well, has some nice features, but everything else is CRAP. Thankfully, I have HP and Apple to look forward too tech wise and Google will have to come up with something Extra Special in Ice Cream Sandwich for it to be even considered. Sorli....
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz View Post
    Yeah....I used to like tinkering and finding work arounds. WebOS is fantastic for that. Problem is, my patience for it has worn thin - especially since my free time has dwindled.
    Then it sounds like early adoption isn't for you. You could wait for it to mature (just like Apples' systems took time to mature), or you can see if the "already matured" systems suit you. If so, jump.

I know this is going to bring the normal refrain of "but why should we have to wait, since Apple (or xyz) has already proven what works". The problem with that attitude is this isn't Apple. It's not the iPad, nor is it the iPhone. It will find its own market. They (HP) are not trying to be Apple, they are making their own way.

Those that enjoy being early adopters understand. Those that don't should either wait or buy something else.