Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    True, forgot about that. I have question, every single Android phone that T-mobile sells has WIFI tethering built in and tethering to a Touchpad would never get you caught by T-mobile's packet sniffing. Has Verizon been removing the native WIFI tethering app in their Androids? I know Verizon does the same packet sniffing that T-mobile does and mobile devices wouldn't be caught, so the only way they could block it would be by removing the native tethering and forcing you to either root or download their tethering app.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    True, forgot about that. I have question, every single Android phone that T-mobile sells has WIFI tethering built in and tethering to a Touchpad would never get you caught by T-mobile's packet sniffing. Has Verizon been removing the native WIFI tethering app in their Androids? I know Verizon does the same packet sniffing that T-mobile does and mobile devices wouldn't be caught, so the only way they could block it would be by removing the native tethering and forcing you to either root or download their tethering app.
    The native tethering app for verizon is there.and yes they definately are sniffers. They dont remove the application but they do make it difficult for a third party "WiFi "tethering application to go on there. So rooting the devices is the option you are left with.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    This was the only solution that worked with my Iphone.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...p-created.html
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
    The native tethering app for verizon is there.and yes they definately are sniffers. They dont remove the application but they do make it difficult for a third party "WiFi "tethering application to go on there. So rooting the devices is the option you are left with.
    Then no matter if you use a third party app or the native app then they'll still catch you, on a desktop/laptop browser. I've seen two people using PDAnet and were still caught by T-mobile and blocked. The native WIFI tethering app should work just fine with the Touchpad because they don't differentiate between mobile browsers, only computer browsers. I would recommend going with a widget, like SwitchPro, to just turn it on and off when you need it. I use the default one on CM7 and just use the widget.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
    The Droid Incredible 2 is version 2.3.4 . It is not rootable unless "revolutionary" has been updated to allow this version of gingerbread to be rootable. When the phone was 2.3.3 it was possible to root the phone but since the version change it cannot happen as of yet.
    This page :public:revolutionary [RootWiki] doesn't specifically say what version of Gingerbread for the Inc 2, It just says "Gingerbread only" but I would assume that the current version is supported. I have 2.3.4 on my Tbolt and it worked just fine. I would think they covered the bases, you may want to contact them to make sure.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have question. I am tethered right now typing this on my new touchpad via the connection on my nexus s 4g using WiFi tether for android 3.1-beta7. The only way to make it work is to set the device as a galaxy s2, which gives the option for netd (master) (I have no idea what any of that means, but it works). The only way to make it work then is to tether to my laptop first and to the touchpad after that. Doing the touchpad first makes the phone continually drop its data connection. Done properly I have a 4g connection shared. But does anyone know why? If we could figure out why this works perhaps we could make an app or patch to take advantage of it. That would add a lot of android phones to the list of devices it works with.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    that is, you set the phone as a Galaxy S2 in the tethering app. Oh, and I leave it open with access control limiting the MAC addresses that can use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    This was the only solution that worked with my Iphone.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...p-created.html
    thanks Heist! I'm connected to an airport WiFi and they block the link (something about it being s file sharing site).

if you have any specific instructions for setting up the google DNS I would appreciate it

thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    This page :public:revolutionary [RootWiki] doesn't specifically say what version of Gingerbread for the Inc 2, It just says "Gingerbread only" but I would assume that the current version is supported. I have 2.3.4 on my Tbolt and it worked just fine. I would think they covered the bases, you may want to contact them to make sure.
    Ill check it out this week. I have been to the page but not recently as Ive seen the same thing where it says it supports "gingerbread" but doesnt specify for the Droid Incredible 2 on version 2.3.4. Thanks again for the follow up
    Quote Originally Posted by rtapping View Post
    thanks Heist! I'm connected to an airport WiFi and they block the link (something about it being s file sharing site).

if you have any specific instructions for setting up the google DNS I would appreciate it

thanks again
    I'm using the ad-hoc tethering app on my Nokia and It works great! If you go to the ad-hoc preferences, set the primary dns to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary to 8.8.4.4 and you should be off and running in notime!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345