Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was checking out the touchpad today and there was a girl from HP showing it off and blah, blah, blahing with the people, so I was playing around and she says you know you can connect with bluetooth with any phone and get calls and sms to the touchpad, I kinda debated that no it had to be a pre phone she said no at training they showed it working with a blackberry, iphone and others, said I couldn't do it because it was a demo device, I came back and she couldn't get it to connect with her iphone but called her boss and he said ya it works I send out directions to everybody on monday. SO is this true or not can you connect any bluetooth phone and get sms and calls to the touchpad, if true i might buy one if not at this time its iffy.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    at this moment only webos phones. But with homebrew I'm sure there will be a patch in the near future to at least get calls forwarded. Texts may never happen though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gthompson75 View Post
    I was checking out the touchpad today and there was a girl from HP showing it off and blah, blah, blahing with the people, so I was playing around and she says you know you can connect with bluetooth with any phone and get calls and sms to the touchpad, I kinda debated that no it had to be a pre phone she said no at training they showed it working with a blackberry, iphone and others, said I couldn't do it because it was a demo device, I came back and she couldn't get it to connect with her iphone but called her boss and he said ya it works I send out directions to everybody on monday. SO is this true or not can you connect any bluetooth phone and get sms and calls to the touchpad, if true i might buy one if not at this time its iffy.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $with$ $Bluetooth$ $you$ $can$ $forward$ $calls$ ($not$ $sms$ $though$) $from$ &$quot$;$any$&$quot$; $phone$ $although$ $it$ $has$ $been$ $shown$ $to$ $work$ $without$ $any$ $issues$ $on$ $a$ $webOS$ $phone$. $I$ $will$ $check$ $it$ $if$ $my$ $epic$ $can$ $do$ $the$ $same$, $unfortunately$ $everytime$ $I$ $remember$ $to$ $do$ $it$ $my$ $phone$'$s$ $battery$ $is$ $dead$.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $with$ $Bluetooth$ $you$ $can$ $forward$ $calls$ ($not$ $sms$ $though$) $from$ &$quot$;$any$&$quot$; $phone$ $although$ $it$ $has$ $been$ $shown$ $to$ $work$ $without$ $any$ $issues$ $on$ $a$ $webOS$ $phone$. $I$ $will$ $check$ $it$ $if$ $my$ $epic$ $can$ $do$ $the$ $same$, $unfortunately$ $everytime$ $I$ $remember$ $to$ $do$ $it$ $my$ $phone$'$s$ $battery$ $is$ $dead$.
    Ya let me know if it works that be great, Be a pretty sleek feature if hp opened it up to anybodys phone to work on the touchpad. sms and phone calls,
    I'll try it with an old Blackberry I have sitting around and let you know
    OK it does NOT work on my epic 4G. I am unable to even pair the phone with my touchpad. Help on the device only mentions webOS phones, A2DP and other bluetooth headphones and keyboards. So, it seems that among phones only webOS phones are supported for bluetooth pairing.

I think this should be fixable via a patch as there should be nothing different in bluetooth about a webOS phone and a non-webOS phone after all bluetooth is an industry standard.
    Maybe HP wants to give people an incentive to buy both an HP tablet and HP phone?
    If I am not mistaken, you can only do this with webOS phones. And even if you have a webOS phone, you can't get SMS right now. The Veer will be able to transfer SMS later, after it receives a webOS update. But the Pre, Pixi, their Plus versions, Pre 2, and Veer should all be able to connect via Bluetooth and transfer voice calls, but not SMS.

Only the Veer and Pre 3 will be able to transfer SMS, but only after a future webOS update that specifically enables this feature.

If I am wrong, please someone correct me.
    I would require those other phones to add support for the feature. I can do it from my Garmin GPS to my Pre, so we know it's possible...
    Won't the Pre 2 be able to send SMS over bluetooth with an update?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    If I have my phone within bluetooth range of my TouchPad, why would I need to use the TouchPad to make a call? I can see the sms because it's easier to type on the TouchPad, but it seems like phone calls would be more cumbersome.

Please don't think me rude for asking this, and I'm not being sarcastic. I'm actually curious as to the benefits of making a phone call on the TouchPad.
    Past: Treo 300 > 650 > 700w > 750
    Present: HP iPAQ Glisten (WM) + TouchPad
    Future: Pre3 + Veer + TouchPad

Just waiting for webOS 3 on the phones. Please hurry, HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by ag95keri View Post
    If I have my phone within bluetooth range of my TouchPad, why would I need to use the TouchPad to make a call? I can see the sms because it's easier to type on the TouchPad, but it seems like phone calls would be more cumbersome.

Please don't think me rude for asking this, and I'm not being sarcastic. I'm actually curious as to the benefits of making a phone call on the TouchPad.
    I don't get it either.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ag95keri View Post

I dont think your rude its a fair question, I like the idea to see whos calling not so much talking on the touchpad as sometimes in my office I leave my phone in my desk or in my pocket, so in that regard its a nice feature, the playbook has it when synced with a blackberry,
    It's OK to have that option - why should you carry both devices all over your house if one can do the job. It's not some epic feature, but it's OK to have it.
  15.    #15  
    Just a thought but you would have figured HP would have had the pre3 ready to roll with the touchpad, the phone compliments the touchpad and makes it a stronger tablet.
    yes any phone will be able to do the text and forward phone calls with the TP but the phone has to be optimized for it as well as the TP i believe . which HP will be doing shortly .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by gthompson75 View Post
    Just a thought but you would have figured HP would have had the pre3 ready to roll with the touchpad, the phone compliments the touchpad and makes it a stronger tablet.
    the pre3 will be out on or before aug.31st and maybe sooner than that .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    It's OK to have that option - why should you carry both devices all over your house if one can do the job. It's not some epic feature, but it's OK to have it.
    nobodies saying its an epic feature, but is a nice bonus feature to have, I dont spend my time at home walking all over with tablet and phone in hand, usually I have to charge my phone in my bedroom and im in the kitchen or livingroom sometimes on my tablet and its just a nice feature to see whos calling or reply to a sms if need be.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I think it's a nice feature to be able to route your calls to the Touchpad (when I get in from work I usually plug my phone in to charge and have to run across the house if a call comes in while it's charging), but right now it's definitely only working with WebOS phones.

My bf and I both have TPs and he's able to connect to his phone (Pre 2) with Bluetooth. I'm not able to connect to my Blackberry yet though.

It'll be nice if/when they open it up to all phones with Bluetooth, although depending on when that kicks in compared to when the Pre3 is released in Canada it might not matter for me-I'm counting down for the Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the pre3 will be out on or before aug.31st and maybe sooner than that .
    Where did you find that little bit of info?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast