Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    currently its only webos, though I can see HP opening this up just to grab more market share. People really like this feature but at the same time HP wants to sell phones.
    Very sad that HP rep got this wrong. I hate when I know 10 times more about the product than the rep. I can connect my pre- for calls but not for sms. I am not going to waste the battery for calls as I prefer to hold the phone to my ear. I would consider it for sms especially if I was having back and forth messages rather than just the occasional random text.
    Quote Originally Posted by gthompson75 View Post
    nobodies saying its an epic feature, but is a nice bonus feature to have, I dont spend my time at home walking all over with tablet and phone in hand, usually I have to charge my phone in my bedroom and im in the kitchen or livingroom sometimes on my tablet and its just a nice feature to see whos calling or reply to a sms if need be.
    I said same thing as you did. What's a problem with my post?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    I said same thing as you did. What's a problem with my post?
    I think by you capitalizing the OK's in your post made it sound a little condescending, but it's small change really, I figured it out.

Personally, I hate using speakerphones, whether it's my house phone, my Pre, my TouchPad, or my BlueTooth visor clip. They all sound like crap, so I never use them.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    won't you get your sms and emails to your touchpad from your palm account?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I think by you capitalizing the OK's in your post made it sound a little condescending, but it's small change really, I figured it out.

Personally, I hate using speakerphones, whether it's my house phone, my Pre, my TouchPad, or my BlueTooth visor clip. They all sound like crap, so I never use them.
    auto correct is always capitalizing ok to OK. I thougt its ok to write OK
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Maybe HP wants to give people an incentive to buy both an HP tablet and HP phone?
    Good point.... but wait for it..... wait..............

IM ON SPRINT
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Maybe HP wants to give people an incentive to buy both an HP tablet and HP phone?
    Good point.... but wait for it..... wait..............

IM ON SPRINT
    Maybe Sprint is giving you an incentive to change carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag95keri View Post
    If I have my phone within bluetooth range of my TouchPad, why would I need to use the TouchPad to make a call? I can see the sms because it's easier to type on the TouchPad, but it seems like phone calls would be more cumbersome.

Please don't think me rude for asking this, and I'm not being sarcastic. I'm actually curious as to the benefits of making a phone call on the TouchPad.
    So for me there are a few benefits to using my TouchPad. Here are a few:

1. I can leave my phone upstairs when it's charging.
    2. I don't always enjoy holding a phone to my head when I am trying to do other things. It basically acts like a large speaker phone.
    3. I am not usually playing around on my phone so putting the TouchPad down and then answering the phone is a bit intrusive. This way I can answer the call and go back to what I was doing.
    4. I use it in the car and it's easier then fumbling around for my phone. Especially when I am using it through my stereo speakers.
    5. Some apps you can dial a phone number in the app. Clicking the dial feature in these apps is easier and more convenient than getting my phone. Yeah this is laziness at its finest.

There are others, but those are the ones I use the most. The downside is that I always get complaints about the person hearing their own voice echo.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12