Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    So using HP play i transferred about 3 or 4 albums. In iTunes and WinAmp they show an album cover. In my TP they do not. Is there something i am missing? What needs to exists for the TP to display the album covers??

AGP
    This program was mentioned in another thread and I've been using it. It seems like the most standard way to make sure that they're actually written to the file rather than dropping .jpg files everywhere like WMP does.

Album art has always been somewhat of a mystery to me, though.
    Had some issues with some albums not showing cover art. Used an MP3 tagger application on my PC to embed album art in file properties for MP3's that were an issue and everything OK now.

Also had an issue with album art showing up in the photos and videos app. I had a lot of 'hidden' album art images in my music folders - I deleted these images and transferred files again and everything worked fine - I guess the album art image is meant to be tagged to the individual MP3 files...
    I've been through this before, and it's actually quite simple.

You can have embedded tags and linked album art. With embedded tags, the image is saved into the song file. With linked, there is simply an image file saved elsewhere (usually the album folder) and the song files simply link to it.

The touchpad (and Pre) are only able to see embedded album art. What's more, it seems to get confused by more than one instance occurring in a single file.

My advice would be to download MediaMonkey and install Trixmoto's Album Art Tagging Script. Use the script to remove ALL instances of the album art from the file, then add the images to the songs only as embedded album art. A bit of hassle, but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by sindizzy View Post
    So using HP play i transferred about 3 or 4 albums. In iTunes and WinAmp they show an album cover. In my TP they do not. Is there something i am missing? What needs to exists for the TP to display the album covers??

AGP
    You can attach the album art directly through HP Play. Just right click the track in your music library, select View Metadata and add the artwork. If there's already artwork showing in HP Play but not on your device, try clicking Replace and re-adding it. I found this fixed it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Yeah that seems to be a solution but with the HP Play option that would be so time consuming with a 60GB drive of MP3s. Understood that Im not gonna trasnfer all that to the TP but even 1 GB of files would be cumbersome. I will try these other methods and see which one pans out better for me.
    If these music files are coming from your iTunes library, then THIS:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...unes-only.html
    ToBeAMan

I feel like I've come full circle:
    HP Ipaq > Palm Pilot > Palm Pre (Sprint) > HPalm Pre 2 (VZW) and HP TouchPad