Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By PrinceAlbert
  • 1 Post By sinsin07
  • 1 Post By speedtouch
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I am having a difficult time with the Power button. When I depress it for a length of time, I expect the prompt to shutdown. Instead, the screen goes off and then I press it again and the screen comes on. My TP is not shutting down as it should. Anyone else experiencing this?
    I am not experiencing this. When the screen is blank, a quick tap will turn it back on. I have to hold the power button down for about 5 seconds to get the prompt for airplane mode/power down.
    Quote Originally Posted by spewak View Post
    I am having a difficult time with the Power button. When I depress it for a length of time, I expect the prompt to shutdown. Instead, the screen goes off and then I press it again and the screen comes on. My TP is not shutting down as it should. Anyone else experiencing this?
    press it for about 8 sec. And choose shut down :-)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks Pillefuss.
    Will try soon as my son has it at the moment.
    5 Mississippi's is all you need.
    I see pandas.
    Another way to shutdown device: Launch Device Info/Reset Options and select Shut Down. After that, you can try again if you get power option menu after long press power button...
    why do you want to power it off? With the wifi radio off it will sit for days or weeks on a charge and still give you "instant on" convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why do you want to power it off? With the wifi radio off it will sit for days or weeks on a charge and still give you "instant on" convenience.
    maybe wife is telling him to put down that %#@ thing and listen to me when I talk to you?

not that I would know about that. Just a guess.
    I see pandas.
    akshunj, spewak and nyallj like this.
    If that's the case then he should do what I do and press my wife's power button to turn her off.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    If that's the case then he should do what I do and press my wife's power button to turn her off.
    personally, I prefer my girlfriend turned on but then again, not married.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Fembot wife, eh? I hope you got a good deal...
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    FWIW, I haven't seen much need to even turn the wifi off. Battery life is really amazing here.
    How do you do a hard reset. Can't launch any apps so can't go to info. When I hold down power button, it won't turn off. Device is locked.
    hold home button and power button until it powers off.
    hold home button and power button until it powers off.
    Thank you.