Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolihigh View Post
    I have a speculation for you. I'm thinking that they are doing this to surprise everyone with the Pre 3 as well. AT&T usually releases new phones on Sundays. That's just a thought...

P.S. Wouldn't it be nice if that was true!?!? Lol.
    Nice, yes. Possible...

I'll give you all the real reason for launching on a Sunday...

"Because we can."
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    A better question (for us in the states at least) why is the "official" launch after the actual launch?
    Understand this is HP's first product that was released with a lot of consumer interest. HP is used to releasing products and then actually getting around to advertising them later on. After all, most people make up their mind on which computer they want by going into an electronics store and poking around the ones that are there. Statistically, the consumer picks HP more than any other brand. So HP relies more on the hands-on than the advanced marketing.

So releasing the actual product on July 1 but not getting around to the "official" launch until July 17 is actually par for the course for HP.

You have to stop looking at HP and expecting Apple-like behavior. HP does things differently.
    lukehale and nightdevil21 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Understand this is HP's first product that was released with a lot of consumer interest. HP is used to releasing products and then actually getting around to advertising them later on. After all, most people make up their mind on which computer they want by going into an electronics store and poking around the ones that are there. Statistically, the consumer picks HP more than any other brand. So HP relies more on the hands-on than the advanced marketing.

So releasing the actual product on July 1 but not getting around to the "official" launch until July 17 is actually par for the course for HP.

You have to stop looking at HP and expecting Apple-like behavior. HP does things differently.
    Agreed completely. And again like I have posted elsewhere, this is HP's product. Only HP get's to decide when/how it is released, updated, priced, or whatever. I just look forward to seeing what tomorrow/the next weeks brings. I love my Touchpad as is, and I can only see it getting better.
    Last edited by lukehale; 07/16/2011 at 11:40 PM.
    remember this is now world wide release. If it were the 1st it would be the US only. So I would wait too.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12