Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jake_M
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing extremely slow speeds while sending files to the TouchPad?

we are talking 8 minuets to transfer 700MB

-Yes I am using the original HP usb cable
    -Yes it is a usb 2.0 capable pc
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    rkruger likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing extremely slow speeds while sending files to the TouchPad?

we are talking 8 minuets to transfer 700MB

-Yes I am using the original HP usb cable
    -Yes it is a usb 2.0 capable pc
    To be fair, on USB2 that's about right. We get spoiled these days - especially if your reference is transferring files on Gigabit Ethernet pc to pc rather than via USB2.0.
    Na thats not right. USB2 Flash drives write about 8MB per second. It might have to do with it being microUSB?
    I'm getting barely 5 MB/s. So slow!
    its quite a bit faster than my pre2, so l haven't had any complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    To be fair, on USB2 that's about right. We get spoiled these days - especially if your reference is transferring files on Gigabit Ethernet pc to pc rather than via USB2.0.
    That's not right, my USB2 external hdd transfer at 10-20mb/s
    I've found (don't know if this helps) that it's 3 to 4 times faster transferring files to the TP under Ubunutu running as a guest in VirtualBox than from the host Win7.
    mine goes from 15MBps down to like 3MBps in the course of a 1 gig file. Win 7.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    mine goes from 15MBps down to like 3MBps in the course of a 1 gig file. Win 7.
    Same here. My Pre- performed better...

For songs its fine but for movie files (500Mb-2Gb) it stinks.
    Do it over WiFi. USB mode is horribly broken in webOS

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg