Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    was just on a flight, used my Bose headphones and could barely hear my movies. Bret
    and new batts in head phones. My Pre and ipod have no issues with same files. Any suggestions?

this is pretty disappointing. Have 4movies and 2 live concerts and awful sound output.
    I wondered about this too (since I'm going across the country in two weeks). The volume isn't that loud on the TP. I remember reading someone coming up with a Beats Audio hack for the gain but I couldn't find it again.
  3.    #3  
    yeah - much lower then I expected. Couldn't enjoy any movie or video. Chalk another one off my list of things I wanted to use touchpad for. I have about 2 weeks left to decide on returning it or not. I was really hoping this device would be usable beyond angry birds.
    Last edited by Midway99; 07/16/2011 at 05:30 AM.
    I use Shure in-ear monitors that have a very tight seal, and they give me plenty of sound.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I'm concerned about this. Even with my noise cancelling headphones sometimes my ipad2 is to quiet for air travel. Is there a gain hack?
    I ran into the same problem testing headphones at Best Buy. My TouchPad 32gb headset jack is only marginally loud enough and I'm hoping they can increase this with a software patch or fix???

I tried Bose, Beats, and about 5 headsets of varying price and quality and wasn't that impressed considering the cost for some of these units. I'm pretty certain it is not the headsets (Bose, Beats, etc) causing the problem since consumers wouldn't buy a $300 headset if they couldn't hear the audio.

External Stereo Amplification helps tremendously like plugging directly into car or home audio receiver, but most people don't have these options when remote.

I'm pretty disappointed and hopefully HP and Dr. Dre has a FIX else I won't be buying $300+ receivers that I won't be able to hear anyways! Sorli...
    Same here. Gain is too low for noisy environs (planes, loud air conditioning, etc.), even at max volume. Seems like an easy tweak for HP?
    It is a problem. Full volume on an airplane is BARELY loud enough. It NEEDS to have a max volume of at least 30% more.

I'm shocked that my 1985 Sony Walkman had 3x the max volume as the Touchpad.
    Midway99 and k4ever like this.
    check out a thread I posted a while ago about this. It has a video on it that shows how much softer the sound is than my pre 2. The tread is called "beats volume anyone?"

this needs to be fixed asap. Its not good to be loud about beats audio, but beats audio not be loud.... At all.
    Y'all need your hearing checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Y'all need your hearing checked.
    ummm, nope. Hearing checks out just fine. Have listened to movies and songs on 4 different plane rides now and the sound is barely loud enogh. Same songs on my IPod are much louder. Same songs on my pre- are louder.
    one of the first things I did with my touchpad was go on a plane. I watched movies on it without any volume problems. All I have are some $20 sony earbuds, they are the ones that fit tightly in your ear and were plenty loud.
    On my last flight I used my trusty noise cancelling Sony earbuds and the volume was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    one of the first things I did with my touchpad was go on a plane. I watched movies on it without any volume problems. All I have are some $20 sony earbuds, they are the ones that fit tightly in your ear and were plenty loud.
    whag are the last four digits of the serial number on your touchpad?

Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    On my last flight I used my trusty noise cancelling Sony earbuds and the volume was fine.
    what are the last four digits of the serial number on your touchapd?

Quote Originally Posted by ericblackdv View Post
    ummm, nope. Hearing checks out just fine. Have listened to movies and songs on 4 different plane rides now and the sound is barely loud enogh. Same songs on my IPod are much louder. Same songs on my pre- are louder.
    what are the last four digits of the serial number on your touchpad?
  15. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    with Bose QC15 headset I have no problems on flights . . . I don't even place at full volume. FWIW, I have documented hearing loss . . . so maybe its a batch issue??? I haven't try with standard ear plugs so I can't comment on those.

Which program(s)? I've only used the music app and audiophile app's with info above~
    ha ha, I did exactly that on a plane just the other day! The bose headphones actually make the sound even lower. What I ended doing is putting the headphones over my earphones and it worked great. The bose headphones block out sound well but the actual sound that the headphones put out aren't the best. Yes the TouchPad should be able to put out enough power for the headphones but it was a fail on both parts.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    what are the last four digits of the serial number on your touchapd?
    02NK

"I've had it with this m**********g sound on this m**********g plane!"

Seriously, though, folks. I think the front-page article on the upcoming OTA update mentions audio fixes. Doesn't go much further than that, though.
    BMIC50 and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    what are the last four digits of the serial number on your touchad?
    I changed from a 16gb to a 32gb so I dont have the same touhpad anymore. Not sure what the numbers are from the old one cause I already returned it. I havent been on a plane with my new one yet.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    just spent 14 hours on a 777 to Beijing and the TP is definitely not loud enough. My ipod and ipad2 both blow it away with either noise cancelling or klispch in earbuds S4 model.

pitty. Looks like it won't serve foe one of my key applications. Interestingly games seemed loud enough, but none of my movies or music was.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast