1.    #1  
    Hey,

Popped into Carphone Warehouse to checkout a TouchPad this evening, it was sat there, frozen, unresponsive. On the positive side I was told by the Carphone Warehouse staff member who eventually figured out how to hard reset it that a HP staff member had been in store demonstrating it all day.

What were other people's experiences?

Leon
    Carphone Warehouse. I haven't heard of that company in years! I was stationed in England and I listened to the radio a lot. The ad would come on and the guy with the insanely deep voice (and a unique English accent that I have no idea of its origins) would always say "Carphone Warehouse" in his own unique way.

Don't mind me...it just brings back memories. I can still hear the way he pronounces Carphone Warehouse even now that it's about 7 years since I heard it.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I took a look in PC World on my way to work and they had a Touchpad up and running with lots of marketing info around it

Used it for a few minutes and it seemed to work perfectly. No noticeable slow downs. Played one of the pre-loaded music tracks and must admit I was impressed with the quality. It had a lot more depth and presence than one would normally expect from a portable device.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Hey,

Popped into Carphone Warehouse to checkout a TouchPad this evening, it was sat there, frozen, unresponsive. On the positive side I was told by the Carphone Warehouse staff member who eventually figured out how to hard reset it that a HP staff member had been in store demonstrating it all day.

What were other people's experiences?

Leon
    I went in to CPW the other day(before 15th) and they had a crashed BB Playbook on display. The screen resolution was all messed up. Looked like it was displaying just the top left of the screen, but with some odd artefacts too.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Went into PC World/Curry's yesterday in Oxford St, found it inbetween all the Android tablets, was working well, had the demo running which you can swipe out of. It did a luna restart on me when I tried to open the Photos app but after that it ran nicely.

Funny story, 2 guys were next to me looking at one of the Acer Honeycomb tabs, seemed to be a couple of techies as they were on the Cisco website testing PDF download and opening, it wouldn't work for some reason. I was on the Touchpad testing Flash by visiting the website of a restaurant I go to often ( Welcome to Little Bay Restaurants ). While they were having trouble getting a PDF to download and open, my Flash site loaded fast, I navigated the Flash based menu, and downloaded and opened the PDF menu, nice and fast, flawlessly
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    bought one from cpw on 15th and things started off nicely. Now on the 17th its not been so good. Numerous random reboots and freezes, period of being unresponsive and flash playback stuttering mid video have tainted my experience. Love the feel of it but the webos experiencing still leaves me wanting more but just not delivering. Will it ever? Just doesnt look likely so its going back I am afraid
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
    bought one from cpw on 15th and things started off nicely. Now on the 17th its not been so good. Numerous random reboots and freezes, period of being unresponsive and flash playback stuttering mid video have tainted my experience. Love the feel of it but the webos experiencing still leaves me wanting more but just not delivering. Will it ever? Just doesnt look likely so its going back I am afraid
    Why not wait for the next 2 updates, one supposed to be today and one at the end of this month...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Why not wait for the next 2 updates, one supposed to be today and one at the end of this month...
    ok didnt know about update today. That would be a swaying factor I admit but cant see how much of a huge difference that would make. I realise that this is very early in the day but some of the bugs I have not listed here. I had a palm pre then pre plus and was so annoyed with the whole flash debacle. Didnt get a pre 3 just to have flash support. Promising but I am afraid it will only ever be that!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
    ok didnt know about update today. That would be a swaying factor I admit but cant see how much of a huge difference that would make. I realise that this is very early in the day but some of the bugs I have not listed here. I had a palm pre then pre plus and was so annoyed with the whole flash debacle. Didnt get a pre 3 just to have flash support. Promising but I am afraid it will only ever be that!
    Have you seen this:
    webOS 3.0.2 to bring HP MovieStore, Kindle, and more [Exclusive] | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post

Just as an aside here - Unless CPW have a specific policy, he would not be able to take it back in a month. Actually unless CPW have a specific policy, I'm not sure they will take it back now.

Oddly, in the UK, you have better legal rights if you buy something online because you can then return it for any reason within seven days (and if forget to tell you that you can return it within seven days for any reason, then you have three months to do so).

I buy anything electrical or expensive online for that very reason (using a credit rather than a debit card for additional legal protection).
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I buy online too. But it won't be a month, it'll be 2 weeks by the end of this month (July)
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Just as an aside here - Unless CPW have a specific policy, he would not be able to take it back in a month. Actually unless CPW have a specific policy, I'm not sure they will take it back now.

Oddly, in the UK, you have better legal rights if you buy something online because you can then return it for any reason within seven days (and if forget to tell you that you can return it within seven days for any reason, then you have three months to do so).

I buy anything electrical or expensive online for that very reason (using a credit rather than a debit card for additional legal protection).
    i got the CPW manager to endorse my receipt giving 7 days no questions asked refund. he also stated that in store covers you for faults within first 28 days so i should be ok. i love the touchpad but some of these bugs are really bad ones for me anyway