Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rot
  1.    #1  
    Just got a touchpad and read about getting homebrew and patches on it (which Ihave on my pre plus) but I can't find how to get it onto my touchpad. Excuse my ignorance as a brand new user of touchpad please. I have the newest version of webOS quick install on my pc. What do I do from here to get it on and active for my touchpad.
  2. #2  
    It's the same as it's always been. Enable devmode, connect device (not in usb mode) and install with WebOS Quick Install.

    Please go to the WOSQI thread for more info and troubleshooting help
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3. #3  
    1) activate developer mode on your Touchpad, by typing into just type: webos20090606

    2) connect your device to the PC via USB

    3) start webOS quickinstall, install Preware on the device

    4) start Preware on the device and have fun
    Sapient2k7 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you so much - what I was missing was the devmode password - I was using the one for preplus. Up and running and loving preware as usual!
  5. #5  
    Actually, the Pre Plus and TouchPad have the same Dev Mode password. You can either use the Konami code or webos20090606 for *any* webOS device.
  6. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #6  
    DOnt make a mistake and add another password when prompted. It requires some additional steps to remove. If you add a devmode password (option only available on the Touchpad) WOQI will not work. Which is the most straight forward way to get Preware installed.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    DOnt make a mistake and add another password when prompted. It requires some additional steps to remove. If you add a devmode password (option only available on the Touchpad) WOQI will not work. Which is the most straight forward way to get Preware installed.
    WOSQI does support DevMode passwords and actually has enhanced support for it, with a custom popup prompt for the password, and the ability to save the password. Just make sure you have the newest WOSQI though.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

    Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

    @JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  8. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #8  
    Thanks for the info...Wish i knew that when I made that mistake earlier.......cause me an hour of digging before i figured how to fix it. Rather easy fix though.

    Turns out that you cant even memboot unless you correctely unlock the device if it has a devmode password.

    Not a problem though.. I now know how to use novacom and specify a password and then I removed the novacomd passowrd file..


    Cheers,
    Navin
  9. #9  
    Just got it installed. There are tons of programs in there. What do you guys recommend as the "must have" apps for touchpad?
    Devices

    -WiFi HP TouchPad 32GB, July 2011 (Day 1)
  10. #10  
    Get the speed-pack of patches:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3025826

    and

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027858

    They're different posts in the same thread, both relevant to speeding up your TP.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Get the speed-pack of patches:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3025826

    and

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3027858

    They're different posts in the same thread, both relevant to speeding up your TP.
    that second post confuses me on the point of entering ##logs# into the dialer. I'm using the emulator until my TP arrives so perhaps that is something. So you enter ##the numbers that spell logs# and then press call? What is suppose to occur after that? Some indication that the intended function has executed?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    that second post confuses me on the point of entering ##logs# into the dialer. I'm using the emulator until my TP arrives so perhaps that is something. So you enter ##the numbers that spell logs# and then press call? What is suppose to occur after that? Some indication that the intended function has executed?
    I'm not sure. I don't have a phone connected to the TP. I just did the patches.
  13. d-larsen's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #13  
    Once you enter "##LOGS#" hit the dial button and then the system loads up the Logging Options Menu. Follow the instructions from there and it all works fine.

Posting Permissions