Like Tree14Likes
  • 12 Post By timeweb2
  • 1 Post By Cantaffordit
  • 1 Post By crg28
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Maybe I've found the magic sales tool. I have been traveling the past 3 days with heavy and nearly exclusive use of my TouchPad as my access & "PC". I have literally sold (have orders in hand with cc numbers) 3 - all to people with ipads in the family that want a change (such as Flash which is a huge plus for the TouchPad).

Once people see it, hold it and perhaps most importantly see me USING it they want one too - NOW! It literally sells itself. They try it with their email, their homepage and sites / files they use and can tell all the negativity posted just doesn't apply to most of real life use. I'm almost at a full week of nearly exclusive use (and only 4 recharges in that time) and I like it more everyday!

We need that Kindle App working as well as the other promised upgrades but this is a solid product with a great market potential to be tapped if it's sold right. I hope HP, Best Buy, Staples and others get this opportunity right.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    vza33, nyallj, sorli and 9 others like this.
    I totally agree, this thing sells itself. I was at home with a group of friends and I pulled it out, not even showing anyone, but they all gathered around me and saw me using it, flash, cards, etc... and they were like wow what is this? It's awesome blah blah. I want one of these.

Same thing at work, "do you like the TP?" yes, it's awesome. I'd like to get one etc...

It's pretty cool that people see it and they want one.
    Sprint Love
    Today, I went in to staples to use the unit, and I was showing the employees how to work the touchpad...

If only the employees knew what it could actually do and how it works they would recommend it to anyone looking for a tablet!
    I've had the same experience. Big change from the Pre. People acted like I was goofy for getting the Pre, but people are genuinely interested in the Touchpad. From employees at Best Buy, to people at work, to family, people are just plain fascinated by it. Its fun
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Three drop ship orders placed with Ingram Micro - items in stock so we should have three more happy owners early next week! I hope to keep this up for awhile.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    why is the OP taking CC numbers? I'm imagining a travelling salesman with a trunk full of TouchPads, standing outside a stadium with ticket scalpers?
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    "Hey man, I dont have any tickets....but do you want a Touchpad?"
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why is the OP taking CC numbers? I'm imagining a travelling salesman with a trunk full of TouchPads, standing outside a stadium with ticket scalpers?
    he said "in the family" so I think it's ok. Lol.
    I see pandas.
    I, too was really surprised at how others received my TouchPad. My sister and two of my friends (one techie, other not so much) were impressed with the device. One even thought the review on my blog was too harsh!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I've had the same experience. Big change from the Pre. People acted like I was goofy for getting the Pre, but people are genuinely interested in the Touchpad. From employees at Best Buy, to people at work, to family, people are just plain fascinated by it. Its fun
    Yes exactly what people said when I would inform them this is not an iPad, but an HP TouchPad. Really? Like why would anyone buy anything besides iPads...easy choice for me and now I can reference these suggestions and instead of talking about...just show them what's so special about webOS. Thanks for the suggestions! Sorli...