Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matthew.rosenfelder
  1.    #1  
    I left my TouchPad unplugged (starting at or around 100%) with the screen off, connected to wifi at home on the 5th of July, before heading out on a business trip (wasn't able to take it with me). I returned today (14th of July) to find it with over 30% battery life remaining!

Wow.
    speedtouch likes this.
    Its a beautiful think ain't it!
    Wow this is funny because some reviewers complained about 2 days of stand-by time and I was thinking there is no way. I'm glad to hear it lasts longer than 2 days
    You are probably the ONLY person that's going to leave their TouchPad on for 10 days and not use it! Just sayin'
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    My experience with standby time was this. I got the touchpad and used it a lot initially. Went to bed with 30% charge, woke up about 6 hours later, DEAD! But from that point on its been great on standby time. My guess is reviewers just checked the initial standby time, while really it is better than that. It definitely lasts about 8-10 hours of heavy use, and it stays pretty charged while I am not using it, unlike my Pre-.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSFan12 View Post
    Wow this is funny because some reviewers complained about 2 days of stand-by time and I was thinking there is no way. I'm glad to hear it lasts longer than 2 days
    This is what the Touchstone is for....and is the reason why I love my AT&T Pre Plus, because I just leave my phone on my desk and it's available and charging...I don't have to think about charging my phone.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    anyone want to try to recreate this?? (not me!)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I've experienced good standby battery life as well.

I once brought my touchpad to work once but never used it. Wifi was on but not connected. When I got back home it said I still had 100% battery life... Thought maybe the battery meter didn't update, but started using it and it drained at the expected rate with normal use.

One night I left it unplugged and the battery level was about the same as well. I didn't keep track how much drained though.

I haven't tried 10 days, but that's good to hear!
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    My Pre- had fairly good standby life, in my opinion. Of course the other two phones I used to compare it to were my G1 and Evo and Android will eat batteries for breakfast. Maybe it's just relative.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by rkarolak View Post
    My Pre- had fairly good standby life, in my opinion. Of course the other two phones I used to compare it to were my G1 and Evo and Android will eat batteries for breakfast. Maybe it's just relative.
    Wow, because if i leave my phone over night (even at 100%), it'll be dead or around 5% remaining. My Pre- has terrible battery life.

The TouchPad however has amazing, i leave it on standby over night, might lose 1% life!
    Quote Originally Posted by noelb View Post
    Wow, because if i leave my phone over night (even at 100%), it'll be dead or around 5% remaining. My Pre- has terrible battery life.

The TouchPad however has amazing, i leave it on standby over night, might lose 1% life!
    I was the same exact way. My Pre had terrible battery life, I bought a new Mugen 1400mah battery and it was much better.

And my TouchPad is the same. It will be at 100% before i got to bed and when I get up in the morning, it's still at 100%!! This is overnight with the screen off, but still connected to wifi. It's awesome.