Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Does anyone have the link to the rebate form for Canada? I was hoping to review the particulars before picking up my Touchpad tomorrow.

I looked all over the forum and didn't see it and cant find it on HP's convoluted website.

Can we make it a sticky until the end of the Month?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor e View Post
    Does anyone have the link to the rebate form for Canada? I was hoping to review the particulars before picking up my Touchpad tomorrow.

I looked all over the forum and didn't see it and cant find it on HP's convoluted website.

Can we make it a sticky until the end of the Month?

Cheers
    As far as I know, the rebate will only be for the U.S. Unless you've seen a new announcement in the last few days...
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    That's the thing I'm really confused about. We're launching in a day or two, the promo ends this month, yet not a word other than that blog post.

Maybe we ARE getting the Pre3 earlier than US and getting a discount on that. So going to get one and wave it at those Sprint phanbois.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yep. This is what I had remembered as well and it's all over the web that Canada is included in this rebate then coming to other countries later.

Is there anyone from HP on these blogs that might be able to clarify?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor e View Post
    Yep. This is what I had remembered as well and it's all over the web that Canada is included in this rebate then coming to other countries later.

Is there anyone from HP on these blogs that might be able to clarify?
    They won't. They don't even have a firm answer on whether the Veer is 14.4 or 7.2Mbps. You think they will clarify a lousy blog post?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I asked on twitter and one person said this:
    I asked and all I got was a number for HP Canadian rebate center... I have yet to call them. 1-888-385-5410
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well I guess it's something, I will just have to call that once I purchase it tomorrow I guess.

Thank you.
    Maybe the 70$ off we're getting is the 20$ (same as the US) + a 50$ rebate to replace the US mail in rebate that we in Canada cannot get.
    I wonder if I can double dip... buy the TouchPad in Canada, and send in the rebate to my friend's mailbox in Buffalo.

$70 off is a bestbuy discount. Has nothing to do with the extra $50 rebate from HP.

$120 off is starting to sound nice
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    16GB TP for $449 + taxes at Future Shop! I'm a happy camper. Hopefully the $50 rebate comes to the Pre3.
    well I hope the rebate is out soon

I got the 32gb just for that reason
    I was in the hp store in downtown Vancouver during their Touchpad release party which they had on July.12, they were the only place selling it before July.15 and while I was there I asked the HP rep and they said that the $50 rebate is US only.

In Canada we have the Instant rebate of $70 which is not actually just a Best Buy rebate, it is a HP rebate which is available at other retailers as well and is only available for a limited time.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Yup, I'll take the $70 instant rebate on both versions of the TP any day of the week. As Canadians, I don't think we can complain.

I do, however, still think that HP has to give early adopters a break on the Pre3, especially if we are going to be compelled to buy an unlocked version if Bell decides not to carry the Pre3.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dse1267 View Post
    I was in the hp store in downtown Vancouver during their Touchpad release party which they had on July.12, they were the only place selling it before July.15 and while I was there I asked the HP rep and they said that the $50 rebate is US only.

In Canada we have the Instant rebate of $70 which is not actually just a Best Buy rebate, it is a HP rebate which is available at other retailers as well and is only available for a limited time.
    Ok. Well I'm still exceedingly happy with what I have for the price I got it at. Even if I had paid the full price I think its money definitely well spent. The more time I spend with it the more I smile about it which is a good sign. My time with the apple devices I've tried have been quite the opposite. I got more annoyed as time went on.
    The rebate page mentioned Canada. I filled out the rebate form, sent in all my supporting documents. Was told it was being processed and I should wait 6-8 weeks for my money. Envelope came from HP and I eagerly opened it to find a message saying I was refused the rebate because it was for US customers only. /sigh!