Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    What happens when you click on a facebook notification when it pops up in the upper right corner? For me it opens up facebook and opens up the original facebook post but doesn't show the damn updated facebook post which was the whole reason the notification showed up in the first place... To me that is a huge FAIL.. I also didn't like the interface and I found myself to often getting stuck places with no way to get out of it other than close the app down.
    As far as the facebook post thing, I think that might be a glitch with FB on some posts right now. I recently had that happen on my Veer on a post where there had been some responses and for a day it wouldn't load the most recent few responses, was weird.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    As far as the facebook post thing, I think that might be a glitch with FB on some posts right now. I recently had that happen on my Veer on a post where there had been some responses and for a day it wouldn't load the most recent few responses, was weird.
    it never worked for me.. it was like.. hey you have a comment on your post but Im not going to let you read it!!!
    Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    it never worked for me.. it was like.. hey you have a comment on your post but Im not going to let you read it!!!
    Funny, that doesn't happen to me. Maybe your TouchPad and you just don't have chemistry.

It's okay, even the best men get rejected sometimes. I suppose there are more fish in the sea.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I'd like to be able to set a proxy as well. I'm thinking this is something that can be patched.

I'm wondering if accessing the command prompt and exporting an http_proxy environment variable would force the browser to use the proxy. If that's the case, I can see a patch adding some items to the browser menu to set/enable/disable this.

I wonder how much different the browser in the Touchpad is to WebOS 1 and 2 devices. In those, there was never a patch so I don't think there was a way to send env variables t enable proxy support.
    Last edited by libray; 07/14/2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
    Well, I tried the proxy thing. The proxy works in the immediate shell, but not the main interface. I added the export to /etc/profile and rebooted, but still no go. It did work in the shell again, but I have no idea how to get the rest of the system (browser) to use it.
  8.    #28  
    im baaack!!! I just picked up the 32gb at Costco.. now I have 90 more days to play with it..
    LOL, good stuff! Should be seeing that OTA update soon.
  10.    #30  
    yeaah.. It actually had a saved touchpad profile we I logged into my profile on teh new touchpad. I also was having issues with "mobile hotspot" on my pre but I am now using "freetether" at work so im working around the proxy issue. I dont know why mobile hotspot wont work. It connects to the wifi no problem but then it gives an error saying that the internet cannot be used on this device. This message is on my touchpad. I know mobile hotpsot works. oh well freetether works no problems..
    weird on the mobile hotspot, if I ever bump up the data rate to 4 gigs, I'll give mobile hotspot a shot. don't see having to do that any time soon.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    im baaack!!! I just picked up the 32gb at Costco.. now I have 90 more days to play with it..
    You're one of the lucky ones
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12