Page 1 of 25 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
  1.    #1  
    Based on a suggestion by member observator, we are setting up this thread for members to suggest features you would like to see on the Touchpad. Similar to the bug issues and tracking thread, we would like to keep this thread clean, specific, and organized in order for HP to have easy access to our members' suggestions.

So, a few additional rules for this thread:

Please describe your suggested feature and briefly tell why this feature is needed.

EDIT: Based on the request by HardBeatZ (the HP guy): please post a feature request only once. Members should "like" other posts they think would be great and want to see in webOS.

Please limit replies to suggestions to "liking" it, briefly pointing out problems with a suggestion, or briefly discussing additional benefits that would result from a suggested feature.

Also, this thread isn't for general chat.

We also aren't going to use if for general complaints and rants.

This thread isn't for extended debate about missing features. If you want to post in more detail, please use the general Touchpad thread.

Let's make this as easy as possible for HP to pay attention to our suggestions. Thanks for your help and understanding.

P|C staff
    bevcraw
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/15/2011 at 10:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Ability to set HTTP proxies. The iPad (sorry to invoke) does this very nicely by tying the HTTP proxy to the specific WiFi connection, rather than the browser app. That way, the user does not need to set/remove the proxy moving from home to work, etc.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Background loading of web cards. The purpose of this feature is to allow a user to open links on a page (say forums or a news article) and continue to read the original page without having to wait for the new card to fully load.

The implementation could take the form of a "Open in background" option on a push and hold, or just being able to switch back to the original card before the new card finishes loading.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Editing in Quick Office. (Hey, it's the elephant in the corner.)
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Some way to work with drag and drag/drop elements in the browser. This would be beneficial for sites like Google Docs spreadsheets and Circles in Google+.
    Ability to have multiple FB accounts and specify which one is the primary. I want to see photos from my wife's FB account but if I add her FB account, her account is automatically the primary in the FB application because her email address comes before mine alphabetically. Yeah, stupid, I know.
    Also, a feature similar to "Action Menu",iOS jailbreak app.

This brings up a menu when long tapped with useful items such as:
    Favorites - very useful for login info on web pages, keep a quick list of favorites available at all time.
    To Top - scroll to top button
    To Bottom - scroll to bottom button
    Copy All bottom
    Quick launch bottom - custom set of quick launch apps, web pages etc.

For precentral users....maybe the ability to attach items via the webos internet browser ;-)
    I'd like to see some form of visible scroll indicator for any page/control that supports scrolling. For example, in the browser, if I start the scroll the page, I have no idea how long the page is or where I am relative to the top or bottom of the page. Likewise in, say, the app catalog, scrolling through a list of applications -- am I near the bottom of the list or not?
    Ability to use multiple profiles/users. This in itself would be a major selling point for webOS. Also, two way syncing of data (text messages, call log, memos) between phone and touchpad using the same profile. This to me is a no brainer and actually is something I was very shocked and dissapointed to see missing.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    The ability to play media files stored on my home network via wifi.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Ability to create events in Calendar by opening *.ics files from the Internet. Sites like meetup.com and eventbrite provide an *.ics file to allow you to easily set the event in your calendar. I was disappointed to find out that webOS says it doesn't know what to do with the mime-type.
    This may seem silly of me to ask, but hey I'm going to throw it out there. I would like if possible feature requests only be posted once. But I want users to "like" other posts they think would be great and want to see in webOS.
    Last edited by HardBeatZ; 07/26/2011 at 04:37 PM.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This may seem silly of me to ask, but hey I'm going to through it out there. I would like if possible feature requests only be posted once. But I want users to "like" other posts they think would be great and want to see in webOS.
    Please see revision to post 1 instructions based on HardBeatZ request. Let's make it as easy as possible for HP to pay attention to our requests.
    twinight likes this.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    In the web browser, the ability to add bookmark folders and to rearrange bookmarks into, between, and within folders.
    I'd like to see:

-GESTURES (how has nobody mentioned this here yet?)

-Thumbs Keyboard:

-A way to get to the just type without tapping in it. (Since my hands are usually at the bottom)

-Make the hardware button function like tapping the gesture area on phones. (Open focused card instead of launcher)

-Swipe away cards that are on the sides when in card view. I can do it on my Pre+

-Option when tapping and holding to download files in the browser

-A way to scroll through text similar to holding function and swiping on the screen.

-Tapping outside of cards in card view zooms out like it does on the phones.
    Last edited by strykr; 07/15/2011 at 10:33 AM.
    <<duplicates and off-topic posts removed>>
    DNLA support (or even Airplay) so we can wirelessly display our entire screen.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Ability to add/remove and rename tabs.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Huge for me:

Separate Video app (instead of combining it with the Photo App).
    It would also be nice if the browser could remember where you were on a page when refresh is hit.
Page 1 of 25 123456 11 ... LastLast