Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    The browser needs to open web pages much faster. My iPad is significantly faster at browsing sites.
    Browser bookmarks with folder support and sync feature.
    AMR-1, BMIC50, jkce457 and 7 others like this.
    Calendar with MobileMe (iCloud) integration with synergy
    WillWon likes this.
    Ability to pair via Bluetooth to phones other than HP for calling and texting features.
    A proper settings screen rather than lots of separate apps for different things.
    Also integrate HP store with application updates app. (1 app)
    Unified icons, most are different sizes and this looks untidy in the ui
    Xebec01 and WillWon like this.
    I'm not a big fan of the sliders in the Facebook app. I prefer a less complex display. Other apps with these annoy me too
    I'd like HP to remove the side to side rubber banding in the browser, it makes verticle scrolling follow your finger and looks unpolished
    No arrow keys on the touch keyboard. Would make life a lot easier with them.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    What happens when you try? I manage my routers all the time with both my Pre and my TP.

Quote Originally Posted by perrin21 View Post
    I'd also like to be able to enter my routers ip address in the browser so I can remotely access it.
    In the HP App Catalog, I'd like to have a 'For TouchPad' filter button. I'd also like to be able to sort by rating and, where appropriate, by region e.g. news apps.
  12. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I would like to see some type of speech-to-text capability. It can be included natively or through some type of app, much like what Dragon Dictate offers. Google has it integrated into the OS which is great and well beyond what was available in Palm O/S or Windows Mobile.

Hopefully this is something that can be done with WebOS. I would love the ability to be able to sit in a meeting or class and not have to pull out my notepad to write notes. Hell, I'd just like the ability to record and edit audio on the device, if it's already included, sorry for my ignorance.
    Last edited by Bo; 08/06/2011 at 01:21 PM.
    Overload the "home" button to provide essential compatibility!

As of 3.0.2, the one physical button on the face of the TP, the "home" button, just shrinks the current full screen app back to card view, or if already in card view, pops up the menu.
    (Or, if held down while power button clicked, captures a screen image.)

We have a SERIOUS incompatibility problem with web sites that expect mouse movements to drag, scroll or otherwise interact with the website. On the TP, taps, double taps, pinches and drags are interpreted locally to zoom the presented image for viewing. None of these interactions are passed through to the web page.

Suggestion: IFF the home button is down and one of these interactive mouse (touch) actions occurs, the mouse events are sent to the website and the local zoom shifts to showing the web page in full width. Releasing the home button after one or more such touch interactions leaves the screen as is, aborting the normal "shrink to cardview" action associated with releasing the home button.

Generalization: beyond just the browser, pass the touch events to any and all applications for them to process when the home button is down. This would make the screen zoom/pan transparent to any ported application, not just to websites. This would allow ported apps that are designed to process taps, double-taps, etc to function without redesign, yet still support local zoom, pan, and screen capture.

Extensions: (many possible, but just a summary)
    - hold down home button (HDHB) 5 seconds and page restores to full size and all taps, etc are passed through to that app until the home key is again held down for 5 seconds with that app in full screen focus.
    - HDHB and the volume control rocker keys could cycle through cards in current stack.
    - HDHB and strike any virtual kb key and launch corresponding shortcut.
    - HDHB and perform cut or copy operation and the text is stored at the bottom of the currently open memo (or opens a new one if none are currently open.)

This may well wear out the home button! ....so, overload the lower right keyboard key with this set of HDHB functions.

For that matter, we need arrow and page keys on the virtual keyboard, and may simply squeeze in a "home" key.

Or... better... have the home button and lower right virtual keyboard key duplicate each other. We need a way to force open the virtual kb without first opening a text box anyway!

Please consider and implement at least the 1st suggestion. Hundreds of interactive websites cannot be used without this or some similar fix. I've previously suggested a "no zoom" mode analogous to the no rotate and mute modes, but think this would be too cumbersome as it would be a global rather than page/app specific mode change.

Comments very welcome! Will someone prototype this in homebrew if HP cannot fix it ASAP?
    Last edited by CWFlink; 08/06/2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: changed "full size" to "full width" to correctly describe action
    JAVA! I know it is a resource hog but it could be turned off when not needed
    mattncsu03 likes this.
    May want to turn off the features you iPad does not support before comparing... In preferences (upper left pull down, disable flash options and possibly the popup blocker.)
    Another option to consider is the fact that many sites open links in a new tab or page... TP launches another "card" instance of the browser for such pages and suffers the animation delay of shrinking the first card instance (tab) and expanding the second, simulating a tabbed browser across a stack of cards. Is the iPad browser tabbed? If so, compare with the Advanced Browser found in the HP app catalog. I notice considerably quicker switching between real tabs supported in that app relative to switching cards with the default browser.
    lets have a cursor magnification for beeing able to place the cursor correctly when correctin text please.
    that feature has been in iphone 2 so, ....
    KateD, riw, TheDoctre and 6 others like this.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    The ability for the Skype status to update automatically to away when Touchpad is screen is off.

The ability to use Dropbox for photos and Video

The ability to use Windows Live Skydrive for documents and Photos/Videos
    TheDoctre and something224 like this.
    How about WIFI SSID in the top left of the top bar...

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    something224 likes this.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWFlink View Post
    Overload the "home" button to provide essential compatibility!

As of 3.0.2, the one physical button on the face of the TP, the "home" button, just shrinks the current full screen app back to card view, or if already in card view, pops up the menu.
    (Or, if held down while power button clicked, captures a screen image.)

We have a SERIOUS incompatibility problem with web sites that expect mouse movements to drag, scroll or otherwise interact with the website. On the TP, taps, double taps, pinches and drags are interpreted locally to zoom the presented image for viewing. None of these interactions are passed through to the web page. ...
    I've only had my TP for a couple days (love it) but this seems like a really big deal. It will also be a big deal when we get Office editing capabilities. Both navigation and copy/paste suffer on this device.

Here's another possibly compatible suggestion:

1. Make a way to force open the keyboard.
    2. Add arrow keys to keyboard.
    3. Add a function key to the keyboard that works like the orange key on my Pre (or like a left-press mouse click) so it can be held with one finger while I select text or navigate with another.

Perhaps there could be a way to call up a smaller soft-keyboard that has only the arrows and function keys needed for navigation and copy/paste.
    would love to see the Skype voicemail activated
    something224 likes this.
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast