Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    I was quite pleased to see my memos from my Palm Pre Plus copied to my TouchPad when I logged into my Palm account for the first time as part of setup.

I was pleased to see my contacts and calendar to be synced regularly between phone and pad .... seemed obvious, necessary and a KEY feature of having a "webOS account" to link multiple webOS devices. (Looking forward to logging into a webOS desktop!)

But very surprised and disappointed to see that memos are not synced after the initial setup !!!!

I use the memo app as a multipage clipboard to move links and text cut from websites to/from other websites/documents/mail etc. I'll often edit in the memo app. Imagine my shock when I've clipped a half dozen items for further editing/mailing to a memo or memos in my TP and discovered I could not continue working with them on my Pre !!!

Such a simple thing would do a great deal of good.

Yes.... there are a half dozen cloud apps that can manage single files out on the web, but transparent migration of memos between phone and pad and (in the future) desktop is an obvious killer feature for webOS. I cannot imagine why HP overlooked this !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by i4ko View Post
    6. Add a restart option in the power options (like the Veer has), not just airplane and power off.
    Fyi: There's a patch for that in Preware (Additional Power options or something like that)
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Bookmarks in the AppCat need to be more...like a bookmark. I need to be able to tell if I clicked it or not. The difference between set and not set needs to be more visible.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    TextAssist Shortcuts need to work everywhere, there are many fields/text entry locations that they don't work in.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Pivot needs an index across the top. ie page 1 of xx
    - i can't tell where I am and how much is left when i am reading it.

and a tap on the first page right arrow should go to page two instead of requiring a swipe.
    - every time I go in there i tap the arrow a few times before i re-figure out that it requires a flick/swipe.

and being that this is an awesomely capable coolness graphical tablet, pivot should have the fancy page flip animation on it. ie if you grab the corner of the page and drag your finger back and forth the page should flip/follow along with your finger back and forth.
    Picasa integration for photo albums
    Allow Touchpad to use Veer's GPS lock (or other webs phone) via BT
    AMR-1, kins, BMIC50 and 7 others like this.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I'd like to see HP incorporate these suggestions for all Touchpad users, not for just Preware users who know how to put their devices in dev mode, etc. I have 57 patches on my 1.4.5 phone and I don't know if any of them have shown up in the native webOS 3.0. It's a shame that we are starting this all over again. I feel like it's June, 2009. My 1.4.5 phone is so much better/advanced than my Touchpad because of these patches. I really thought HP would incorporate all that work into 3.0 as a step forward, but I feel we've taken a step back. Very sad and I'm getting disillusioned.
    Please only log / post new feature requests after updating to the latest build

webOS 3.0.2

(I know at the time of this writing the update is not currently available, however posting a bug now is not going to help much when the update will be here shortly)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    anyone found any over the ear headphones with inline mic that works on touchpad and pre? tried klipscke (spelling) image one..great sound...phone doesn't work (can hear caller but caller can't hear me unless I use phone speaker), same thing with dr dre beat solo hd. i heard that beats had a universal inline mic but cant find it. both headphones mentioned were deisgned for ipad iphone functionality.
    forgot most important part to last post...anyone hear of, a softwarre patch that can make"ipad,iphone" compatible headphones work on our devices? don't need max control, just be able to take and make calls.
    something224 likes this.
    larger messaging support i.e. msn, icq

and of course like in WebOS 2.1.x: the possibility to add/rename launcher tabs
    Last edited by Fliwatuet; 08/02/2011 at 02:33 PM.
    2 Very important issues and the last one will end up having me return my Touch Pad!

1. Allow me to print to any printer not just HP

2 ***** No Ad Hoc wifi only infrastructure allowed***** This is just unacceptable. I use my phone to connect multiple devices would cost to much to have 3g-4g on each device (this is only wifi I know). An Symbian phones and I believe most Android (not the latest). are only ad hoc wifi.

Another attempt to force me to buy a veer or pre3?

I am being forced to go to the dark side here not good HP!
    I would buy the Touchpad if it had:

1) True GPS Support

2) Support to read from an SD card (via USB or direct). I want to use my Touchpad as a travel device when not carrying a camera, and USB support will allow me to move my photo's to Phanfare and other sites.
    libray, kins, BMIC50 and 3 others like this.
    64GB and/or SD card slot.
    would love to have the ability to use sms with all devices not just hp phones will be the difference maker for me to buy particular android droid 1 device
    Quote Originally Posted by judge34411 View Post
    2 Very important issues and the last one will end up having me return my Touch Pad!

1. Allow me to print to any printer not just HP

2 ***** No Ad Hoc wifi only infrastructure allowed***** This is just unacceptable. I use my phone to connect multiple devices would cost to much to have 3g-4g on each device (this is only wifi I know). An Symbian phones and I believe most Android (not the latest). are only ad hoc wifi.

Another attempt to force me to buy a veer or pre3?

I am being forced to go to the dark side here not good HP!
    Not sure I get what you write. I am using my laptop to create an adhoc wifi network and my TP perfectly connects to it.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    The Cellular based Touchpads have "True GPS" in them as the "True GPS" comes on the same chipset as the cellular package.

Hands On: HP TouchPad for AT&T
    Hands On: HP TouchPad for AT&T | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

On the SD card issue, I'm guessing it is hard for them to add every combo (SD/xD mini,micro, variants of memory stick, etc) so until (or if) the tablets that don't offer slots or an overpriced adapter there are other options:

Has anyone tried the bluetooth sdcard readers (sometimes paired with speakers) ie. you put the sdcard in the "dock" and can see the files via BT?

As a side note: Many people don't know that if your phone has an sdcard slot in it the phone can act as a bluetooth bridge to a PC to transfer pics in a pinch if you don't have the cables, etc. I have set this up for many people before and they go "I didn't know it could do that"

Your other option for the camera is to get an eyefi SDCard and turn the camera into a Hotspot
    Eye-Fi memory cards: wireless photo & video uploads straight from your camera to your computer & the web.

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I would buy the Touchpad if it had:

1) True GPS Support

2) Support to read from an SD card (via USB or direct). I want to use my Touchpad as a travel device when not carrying a camera, and USB support will allow me to move my photo's to Phanfare and other sites.
    I'd like to see htc sense like widgets on the main home screen, these would add functionality and information when cards are not present, they could fade away when cards are opened and return when all are closed. I'd like to see a Facebook & Twitter widget (friend stream) weather, YouTube. If done correctly it could be classy.
    I'd also like to be able to enter my routers ip address in the browser so I can remotely access it.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast