Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Synchronization of identical dismissed notifications between touchpad and webos phone.

For example, if I read an email on my touchpad, the notification for that email should be dismissed on the phone.

If I dismiss a calendar reminder on my phone, it should be dismissed on my touchpad.

If I look at a comment on my facebook status on my touchpad, the notification of that comment should be dismissed automatically on my phone.

And so on...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    This occasionally appears to happen for me, with email. Twice I've gotten an email, read it on my pixi, and the touchpad notification disappeared right away. Maybe it onky works if you read the email on your phone immediately?
    I have an HP Home Media Server and an HP Touchpad.
    It would be great if I could get my touchpad on my home server while on my WIFI and remotely.
    +1 on the camera app

And can someone say WAVE LAUNCHER??

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    When reading email, a way to switch to fixed-width font and back.
    varavant, chodaboy and milhouse like this.
    [QUOTE=vasekvi;3040459]+1 on the camera app

And can someone say WAVE LAUNCHER??

[i]-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad

Wave launcher plus all the features we had on the original pre. Can you imagine how great this thing would be. I don't want to see them on another platform and not webos.
    sledge007 and chodaboy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The ability to play media files stored on my home network via wifi.
    There's an app for that!

God I feel dirty!

In fun...... so relax btw it's call KalemSoft Media Server
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    something224 likes this.
    Enable Chat within Facebook, please.

My adult grandson is autistic, and the Facebook Chat function is very important to him for his social interactions. Unless I am missing something, Chat is available in neither the TP Facebook app nor in the "full" Facebook website from the TP browser.

It seems to me that "Full" web support should mean "FULL" website support, but as I said earlier, I may have missed something and it may be "operator error" on my part, so any suggestions for getting Facebook Chat to work would be greatly appreciated.

I have been a big fan of webOS since before the Pre actually launched in June 2009, and I am extremely hopeful that it keeps evolving toward the greatness it should be.
    Originally Posted by not-yet-pre
    A patchable launcher so patches can be created to change the number of rows & columns or patches to add, remove and rename pages etc…

Like this?
    TouchPad "Add Launcher Pages" tweak appears in Preware | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    No - this is a tweak and it is limited to only modifying a couple of tabs in the launcher. What we need is a full featured (read "patchable") launcher that will allow us to resize icons, change the number of rows and columns on a page and add, rename & delete pages.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    TPwebOS820 likes this.
    SD Card Reader so I can upload pictures off my camera while on vacation.
    Ok, first I must say the "wave launcher" was the worst thing about webOS. It made no sense what so ever. If we had the ability to have different apps in it then yes it would have been great.

I agree we should have all PrPrPr&#$275$; $1$.$4$.$5$ $functionality$, $and$ $should$ $have$ $evolved$ $instead$ $of$ $swiped$ $backwards$ $on$ $that$ $scale$. ($PUN$ $INTENDED$).

What I need is true PDF support. The PrPrPr&#$275$; $would$ $allow$ $you$ $to$ $open$ $password$ $protected$ $PDF$'$s$, $the$ $TouchPad$ $won$'$t$. $I$ $also$ $need$ $clickable$ $PDF$ $fields$ $and$ $to$ $have$ $digital$ $signatures$. $Seriously$, $this$ $needs$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $true$ $business$ $device$, $not$ $a$ $toy$ $like$ $an$ $iXoom$...
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 07/22/2011 at 09:44 PM.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    Ok, first I must say the "wave launcher" was the worst thing about webOS. It made no sense what so ever. If we had the ability to have different apps in it then yes it would have been great.
    The wave launcher makes sense and you can change the apps in it. The wave launcher is a way to launch/switch apps without going to card view. It is a replacement for the 4 app buttons on the old palmOS devices.
    LinT and chodaboy like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post
    The wave launcher makes sense and you can change the apps in it. The wave launcher is a way to launch/switch apps without going to card view. It is a replacement for the 4 app buttons on the old palmOS devices.
    Unless I have missed something, the wave launcher mimics the fixed launcher which in turn makes one of the two redundant, if we could have 5 in the wave and 4 in the fixed it would make sense! The way it is, is just dumb. Sorry, I thought that statement was more clear than it apparently was...

And yes I do get the part about not going to card view, but then drop the fixed launcher...
    Last edited by Meltedwire; 07/22/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'd like to see the "Caps Lock" key on the Bluetooth keyboard only affect letters, which is the usual approach with computer keyboards. Currently, it works like a "Shift Lock" key, which makes sense for the on-screen keyboard but not really for a physical keyboard.

Specifically, I've had several cases where I've tried using the "Caps Lock" key to actually type a word in all-caps and then accidentally deleted the entire word (as you get with shift-backspace) when trying to correct a single typo.

-Jeff
    JonVon, Xebec01 and bryndwl like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDewWorm View Post
    Enable Chat within Facebook, please.

My adult grandson is autistic, and the Facebook Chat function is very important to him for his social interactions. Unless I am missing something, Chat is available in neither the TP Facebook app nor in the "full" Facebook website from the TP browser.

It seems to me that "Full" web support should mean "FULL" website support, but as I said earlier, I may have missed something and it may be "operator error" on my part, so any suggestions for getting Facebook Chat to work would be greatly appreciated.

I have been a big fan of webOS since before the Pre actually launched in June 2009, and I am extremely hopeful that it keeps evolving toward the greatness it should be.
    I thought I saw Chat on the regular facebook page when I was there. I believe it's on the left hand side towards the bottom.
    With such a huge screen, the touchpad needs:

web browser opens to THUMBNAILED BOOKMARKS
    AMR-1, Mercule, JeffGr and 14 others like this.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    With such a huge screen, the touchpad needs:

web browser opens to THUMBNAILED BOOKMARKS
    I turn this off (when possible) on desktop browsers, but the touchscreen UX seems to invite the thumbnails.
    cccaldwell likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Longer notifications. There is lots of screenspace, but I get the same or less amount of a preview on the notifications. The ability to delete emails direct from the notifications would be quite nice as well.
    Yes... delete email via notifications. Many of us have free email service and get tons of junk mail so being able to delete emails will be great!
    This is the implementation of Gmail too. A nice feature...
    - ability to rename quicklinks in browser
    - skype video screen using all the tablet screen, not only one tiny little bit....
    The ability to set preferred wireless networks in zones that there is too many available.
    Its pretty annoying when I got a network working and the touchpad switches to a "captive portal network" without my desire...
    beachin99 and TPwebOS820 like this.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast