Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425
Like Tree3224Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HP0 View Post
    I am not a programmer or developer, just along time computer user. My interest is to make my experience a little easier to control. 1st I would really like to turn off auto spell correct at will. I already check my message after it's written. Why not add a global minimize button? How about global forward & back buttons for the card view. How about an automatic way to separate "grouped" cards to avoid the transparent press and move function? What about something similar to ALT TAB switching in windows? I actually find that I am getting tired of constantly swiping the screen just to get to another function.

On a separate note, I have noticed that by the end of the day, the pad can get slow and unresponsive. My experience tells me this is some type of memory caching accumulation and the ram needs to be flushed. Is there a way to add that function?

A patch for rtf files in Quickoffice would be great, as would plugins for the browser. A utility to control just type features would be very practical, as would built in encryption.

I hope this list isn't too much, but I love this tablet and need just a little more control over my work. Thanks

ps
    what about replacement batteries? Webos needs tablets that still run.
    HP0, I like the idea about the auto-spell toggling functionality.

And I have the same feeling about the OS slowing down at the end of the day. Did you try JSTop yet? I think this is some functionality that will upgrade the OS.

Also the card navigation functionality is very important! We already have it on the phones, so why not add multi touch gestures for doing that on the TP?

The global minimise functionality is already there by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, which in my opinion is well thought and sets webOS apart from the others. I think a globalised minimise button will be a restrictiveness for developers. I don’t know how other OS’s handle that, but I think it’s build in there, so no problems porting apps to other platforms.
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    native music player (or any music player) to recognise a various artists album as one album and not separate each artist into its own album.

random play music from all albums or selected albums.
    spell checker, dictionary, thesaurus options for just type.

typing in a word would bring up the quick actions, launch and search options depending what you want to check then tap for the result.
    Quote Originally Posted by markfury View Post
    spell checker, dictionary, thesaurus options for just type.

typing in a word would bring up the quick actions, launch and search options depending what you want to check then tap for the result.
    Sounds like a pretty damn good idea for an application, really.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Native notepad application using a stylus (NoteTaker HD in ipad equivalent by Dan bricklin?)
    Last edited by tabletrus; 03/31/2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    - Tabbed browsing on the stock browser
    - Rearrange bookmarks
    - Charging without having to power on my Touchpad
    - Battery percentage display
    Chat while calling skype
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Mouse support!
    I'll admit I didn't go through all 20-something pages of requests and I'm not even sure if this one is possible, but as a college student who is big on saving money on those lovely textbooks, I would LOVE to see a bookmark feature and a page input feature in Adobe Reader. I get tired of having to scroll through over 400+ numbers to find the page I need for an assignment and if you close Adobe you loose where you were with no way to quickly get back to said page (that is of course someone knows something I haven't figured out yet) And yes, I could probably change the textbooks from pdfs to another format, but I'm a college student. Half the time I don't even have time to get to the ruddy bookstore!

Or if an application that soundly supports PDFs can do this would be great as well. Just anything to make even a small part of college that much easier would be a good reason to celebrate...which we don't generally have time for anyway so.....

Thank you for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    I'll admit I didn't go through all 20-something pages of requests and I'm not even sure if this one is possible, but as a college student who is big on saving money on those lovely textbooks, I would LOVE to see a bookmark feature and a page input feature in Adobe Reader. I get tired of having to scroll through over 400+ numbers to find the page I need for an assignment and if you close Adobe you loose where you were with no way to quickly get back to said page (that is of course someone knows something I haven't figured out yet) And yes, I could probably change the textbooks from pdfs to another format, but I'm a college student. Half the time I don't even have time to get to the ruddy bookstore!

Or if an application that soundly supports PDFs can do this would be great as well. Just anything to make even a small part of college that much easier would be a good reason to celebrate...which we don't generally have time for anyway so.....

Thank you for everything.
    No time for celebrations in college??? (Why do I find that hard to believe? )

On a serious note, try this thread and see if that fixes your issues. [PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    HTML support for Hotmail emails. Why webOS is saddled with non HTML emails when using Hotmail via EAS, is something I don't understand. Why Palm/HP did not fix this issue even in webOS 3.x.x is totally beyond me.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    improving the wave launcher would be a nice webos exclusive
    Hi

I have a suggestion (or wish) to the Touchpad.
    Maybe it's a BIG one but then you just tell me so. :-)
    I'm danish and I live Denmark (duh!), but the TP never officially came to Denmark, so I can't set it up with danish language (or with danish auto-corretion as my suggestion is about).
    Right now I'm using LunaCE 4.7.0 and it works perfect. Some great developers here in the community has made it possible to choose danish keyboard layout and for that I'm truelly greatful!!!
    I don't need danish as system language, but it would be great to have danish auto-correction when I'm writting mails, documents or whatever.
    I also don't now how big the work will be but maybe I can help finding a database (or what else) with all(?) the danish words that is needed?
    Please let me know if this a too big operation to implement into WebOS, and I will then just keep on dreaming!!!
    Have a nice day.

Martin :-)

P.S. I'm writting this for the TP feature request thread, but I guess my suggestion is not a feature, but where else can I put this? Probably there aren't many danes that have a TP, but now there is at least one and I would REALLY like this.
    Thanks.
    Send me a PM with a link to this topic and I'll have a look when I get back from holidays if I can figure it out. Would like the same for Dutch!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    hello ,

I also would like to make a wish regarding keyboards on touchpad.
    Now i am with luna 4.9.5 and i have all this languages to choose from but no Greek.
    Before with the AZERTY keyboard we had the option to write in greek language but now this "solution" don't work any more.

Is there a possibility to add Greek language in future update since the "greek ipk" already exist?

thanks for your efforts and time in this project.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    This isn't NEW features, but rather restoring old features: I'd really like to see a maintenance release for webOS 3.0.5. Getting rotation working again would be great. Also fix wifi issue, audio bug, and others. Even if these fixes are released as patches as opposed to an OS update, that'd be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    Hi

I have a suggestion (or wish) to the Touchpad.
    Maybe it's a BIG one but then you just tell me so. :-)
    I'm danish and I live Denmark (duh!), but the TP never officially came to Denmark, so I can't set it up with danish language (or with danish auto-corretion as my suggestion is about).
    Right now I'm using LunaCE 4.7.0 and it works perfect. Some great developers here in the community has made it possible to choose danish keyboard layout and for that I'm truelly greatful!!!
    I don't need danish as system language, but it would be great to have danish auto-correction when I'm writting mails, documents or whatever.
    I also don't now how big the work will be but maybe I can help finding a database (or what else) with all(?) the danish words that is needed?
    Please let me know if this a too big operation to implement into WebOS, and I will then just keep on dreaming!!!
    Have a nice day.

P.S. I'm writting this for the TP feature request thread, but I guess my suggestion is not a feature, but where else can I put this? Probably there aren't many danes that have a TP, but now there is at least one and I would REALLY like this.
    Thanks.
    UPDATE:
    I have now come up with a database of the most common danish words used on a daily basis.
    Does anyone know how or what to do to implement this into some kind of (danish) auto-correction?
    The file is 55 MB big and it's a .mdb file.

(right now I'm using WebOS Ports LunaCE 4.9.10 without any problems)
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425