Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moseras View Post
    I would like to have the ability to use Yahoo Messenger for video and voice calling. I don't understand why the Touchpad is limited to only using Skype.
    You must be new here. No, really, there are a lot of limitations on the Touchpad currently. It's not really made to be a jack-of-a-trades like a normal PC/Mac would be. Nor are there a variety of apps to facilitate the features you are looking for.
    I am not sure why the video player will only play video full-screen in one orientation. I actually prefer the speakers up, both because I am left-handed, and also because it means I don't hold the TP down around by the speaker ports which so many people are reporting cracks in. I can see a game developer maybe requiring this, but there is no good reason to lock the video rotation in only one direction when you are playing movies with the default media player that comes with the TP. I would very much like the video to rotate if rotation lock isn't turned on.
    hawonjung and markfury like this.
    Selectively load Flash content.

I love that the Touchpad is able to handle Flash content in websites, but obviously it puts enormous strain on the CPU and that becomes very obvious when websites have a lot of unnecessary Flash content. It would be awfully nice to have a "click to load flash" feature that allows Flash content to show only after it has been activated by clicking on its designated space. Also, that would speed up website loading a lot.

It doesn't even have to be coded from scratch, there is such a plugin for Webkit: https://github.com/rentzsch/clicktoflash
    Quote Originally Posted by atulmodi View Post
    Need delete button facility which can delete letter sitting next to cursor. Means erase forward to backward. Means first letter to last letter of word. We already have backspace facility which erase last letter of word and go to 1st letter of word.
    Need a back and forward arrow for the keyboard so I can move within the text by letter.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have one app that can work as a MUTE button (As in tv remote or computer keyboard mute button). So it is very easy to Mute the sound when receive call and wants TP to stop to make noise for a while.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strykr View Post
    It would also be nice if the browser could remember where you were on a page when refresh is hit.
    It does not appear that they fixed this in 3.0.4 with either refresh or "back". Still takes you to the top of the page.
    dchello likes this.
    The virtual keyboard is missing some basic characters:

minus (−)
    em dash (—)
    en dash (–)
    German double („“) and single (‚‘) quotation marks
    French single quotation marks (‹›)

Also some letters with caron above (like š) are missing.

And super- and subscript functionality for all characters may come in useful, too …

Furthermore the following buttons or similar solutions would be great:
    »orange button« as on the phones
    cursor navigation
    home/end
    del

Moreover the TP could really stand out with a capital ß, which already exists here and there and hopefully will be standardised!
    Last edited by gerzhwin; 10/31/2011 at 06:39 PM.
    dchello likes this.
    Some app names are too long to fit in one line and they are rudely wrapped.

Could an optional hypen (#173) or a (sorry for my translation) zero wide no connector (#8204) be helpful respectively could it be used in an app name?
    I would love the e-mail app to let me decide if a message should be marked as read or not.

Also text in the accounts/folder pane seams kind of blurred to me.
    I'm sure these are listed.. but here are my top items.

codec update for stock media player
    Netflix app
    sirius app
    true gps software (garmin tomtom step up please)
    account switcher for tablet facebook
    a bypass to access live.com accounts including online 'cloud' office apps
    dchello likes this.
    I'm sure this has probably already been brought up ( but it's 11 pages long) and way to hard to find.. So i'm voicing my opinion

I love how my pre3 gives me the ability to add new App pages or just rename the generic pages that come w/ it. I guess I love scrolling left or right to look through my zillions of apps then up or down.

Plus - the iphone has this feature where it groups apps together in 1 little app box. It would be nice to see something come to the touchpad like that as well.

Outside of those things, I love my touchpad.
    Selectively load Flash content.

I love that the Touchpad is able to handle Flash content in websites, but obviously it puts enormous strain on the CPU and that becomes very obvious when websites have a lot of unnecessary Flash content. It would be awfully nice to have a "click to load flash" feature that allows Flash content to show only after it has been activated by clicking on its designated space. Also, that would speed up website loading a lot.

It doesn't even have to be coded from scratch, there is such a plugin for Webkit: https://github.com/rentzsch/clicktoflash
    go to the browser , hit the menu, and look at the preferences. Turning auto-play on flash off might help you there.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    dchello likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    The virtual keyboard is missing some basic characters:

minus (−)
    em dash (—)
    en dash (–)
    German double („“) and single (‚‘) quotation marks
    French single quotation marks (‹›)

Also some letters with caron above (like š) are missing.

And super- and subscript functionality for all characters may come in useful, too …

Furthermore the following buttons or similar solutions would be great:
    »orange button« as on the phones
    cursor navigation
    home/end
    del

I have the character 'š' on the on-screen keyboard but don't have the characters 'č' and 'Č' respectively which I really need for typing.

And I agree that mdash and ndash should also be added to the keyboard, plus arrow keys, del key, home, end etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dchello View Post
    I have the character 'š' on the on-screen keyboard
    I have it too, but I couldn’t find the single caron character as HTML snippet, so …
    dchello likes this.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Speech to Text
    Individually selecting the preferred app for any listed file extension (e. g. Picsle SmartOffice for office documents) or data type (e. g. Advanced Browser for weblinks) would make the installed and payed (!) apps come in more useful.
    dchello and TheBigOldDog like this.
    How do I get the Kindle app 1.0 for the Touchpad? The Kindle site says the latest is 1.0 and directs one to the catalog but the catalog has only version "beta 0.11"
    Last edited by papau; 11/02/2011 at 02:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    I can access the HP AppStore but I can only see the free software titles and none of the paid apps. I am more than willing to pay for many of the programs that I can only read about!

All the software at HP AppStore should be made available to all users, regardless of where they are.
    johnjaycee likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    I have it too, but I couldn’t find the single caron character as HTML snippet, so …
    Yep, it's not on the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Huge for me:

Separate Video app (instead of combining it with the Photo App).
    Loading photos and videos directly from a camera without a pc or mac in the middle would be a nice thing. Having an app which would allow editing would also help