Like Tree3224Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snolsen View Post
    Android style pattern lock
    +1
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I would like two things:

1) A built-in file/folder manager

2) Show the name of the specific gmail account within e-mail. I know it's all about Synergy but when I look at my e-mail accounts within the mail app I just see "Google" for each account.
    dchello likes this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    With today's released of 3.0.4 build 77, there is one promised and as yet undelivered feature. Bluetooth MAP support from ALL webOS phones. I find it ludicrous that a paired webOS phone doesn't support texting from the TouchPad, when an Android or Samsung Galaxy phone does. Seriously HP? PSG seriously? Ford has managed to figure it out.
    Serenegb likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The ability to play media files stored on my home network via wifi.
    wow if HP developers cn include this function in to touchpad this devise gonna rock the all over..long live webOS and touchpad....
    dchello likes this.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Arrow keys
    dchello and laserboy like this.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    HP TouchPad WiFi Icon color should to change from "White" to "Green" indicate a live connection. It is too hard to distinguish White from Grey, esspecially when the screen brightness it lowered.
    dchello and looktall like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Guys, this is still a features request thread for the Touchpad. Please continue to restrict your comments to the rules in Post #1. Any other posts will be deleted. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Much of this could be made into a "Patch Request" thread too
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I don't think anyone suggested yet with my quick search.
    When I video chat on Skype, I want the app to be able to work on landscape mode.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skadaddle View Post
    Kind of a no-brainer, but threaded messaging in the email client like on the ios devices...
    Any plan to implement this feature?
    dchello and laserboy like this.
    Two Eastern European characters are missing on the on-screen keyboard, ie. č and capital Č (if the character isn't visible please see Œ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Without this character I can hardly write in my own language (it is very frequently used).

And I hope anyone from the developer team is reading this.
    Last edited by dchello; 10/24/2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: A few edits.
    When going to the 'settings' tab and tapping almost any of the icons available, there is no way of getting back to the main 'settings' tab. I have to close the currently open card and then go to the settings tab again. I miss some sort of a 'back' button within all settings subcategories.
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    2) Show the name of the specific gmail account within e-mail. I know it's all about Synergy but when I look at my e-mail accounts within the mail app I just see "Google" for each account.
    In "Preferences & Accounts", select the account where you want the name to change. Then tap on the account name and you can change it there.

See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ranchlizard; 10/21/2011 at 11:14 AM.
    dchello likes this.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchlizard View Post
    In "Preferences & Accounts", select the account where you want the name to change. Then tap on the account name and you can change it there.
    My accounts were already named under the settings shown in your screenshot. I have attached my own screenshot to illustrate what I'm talking about. In it, you'll see two accounts within the e-mail app, both just labelled "Google" and as far as I know there is no way to change it so it will show which is "AccountX@gmail.com" and which is "AccountY@gmail.com" Am I missing something here?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My accounts were already named under the settings shown in your screenshot. I have attached my own screenshot to illustrate what I'm talking about. In it, you'll see two accounts within the e-mail app, both just labelled "Google" and as far as I know there is no way to change it so it will show which is "AccountX@gmail.com" and which is "AccountY@gmail.com" Am I missing something here?
    Yes, you are almost there. In the top left, click the "Email" menu. Then choose "Preferences & Accounts". Choose an account. Then tap the account name. You'll be able to edit it there.

Hopefully this helps you!
    IIIxe -> Zaurus SL-5500 -> Zire 72s -> Curve -> Droid X -> iPad -> TouchPad 32GB
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ranchlizard View Post
    Yes, you are almost there. In the top left, click the "Email" menu. Then choose "Preferences & Accounts". Choose an account. Then tap the account name. You'll be able to edit it there.
    Yeah, that's what I already did and then I posted that screen shot. Go to 'E-Mail' (menu in upper-left corner) -> 'Preferences & Accounts' -> click on one of my e-mail accounts -> Change both 'Account Name' AND 'Full Name' (just to be sure I've covered my bases) to my desired name -> Hit 'Done' on the bottom of the page -> Hit 'Done' again to get back into the E-mail display. No change. I can rename them through 'Preferences & Accounts' fine - but the main e-mail Accounts pane still just shows "Favorites" "Google" "Google" as shown in my screenshot.

Are you yourself actually able to have something besides "Google" (or whatever you use) show up in the e-mail accounts list (the page in my screenshot) if you change those settings? Thanks for any insight on this.
    Last edited by brshoemak; 10/21/2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Yeah, that's what I already did and then I posted that screen shot. Go to 'E-Mail' (menu in upper-left corner) -> 'Preferences & Accounts' -> click on one of my e-mail accounts -> Change both 'Account Name' AND 'Full Name' (just to be sure I've covered my bases) to my desired name -> Hit 'Done' on the bottom of the page -> Hit 'Done' again to get back into the E-mail display. No change. I can rename them through 'Preferences & Accounts' fine - but the main e-mail Accounts pane still just shows "Favorites" "Google" "Google" as shown in my screenshot.

Are you yourself actually able to have something besides "Google" (or whatever you use) show up in the e-mail accounts list (the page in my screenshot) if you change those settings? Thanks for any insight on this.
    Bummer! That's frustrating! Yes, I have 7 different accounts, each of which displaying the names I manually entered (personal accounts, work account, junk mail accounts, family account, etc.). If I can doctor up a screen shot to remove sensitive stuff, I will post it here.

Sorry I can't be more help.
    IIIxe -> Zaurus SL-5500 -> Zire 72s -> Curve -> Droid X -> iPad -> TouchPad 32GB
    a DELETE key in addition to the BACKSPACE key
    dchello and gerzhwin like this.
    I can't seem to find mention of this anywhere, but it'd be nice to have the alarm turn off after a set time period. I forgot to disable an alarm before I went out for the day and came back many(six?) hours later with my TP nearly dead and the alarm still sounding.
    dchello and gerzhwin like this.
    A close icon for each window would be good. Currently, I have to press the card view button and then flick the card away. It would be good to have a close icon that I can touch to dismiss the window in one shot.
    I would like to have the ability to use Yahoo Messenger for video and voice calling. I don't understand why the Touchpad is limited to only using Skype.
    dchello likes this.