Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I would like to be able to edit powerpoint presentations. a keynote for ipad equivalent would be amazing for uni.
    dchello likes this.
    4g connecting via micro USB. Not just connecting to WiFi hotspots.
    AstroTerp and dchello like this.
    the ability to create and copy to and retrieve from folders.
    AstroTerp and gerzhwin like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Based on a suggestion by member observator, we are setting up this thread for members to suggest features you would like to see on the Touchpad. Similar to the bug issues and tracking thread, we would like to keep this thread clean, specific, and organized in order for HP to have easy access to our members' suggestions.

So, a few additional rules for this thread:

Please describe your suggested feature and briefly tell why this feature is needed.

EDIT: Based on the request by HardBeatZ (the HP guy): please post a feature request only once. Members should "like" other posts they think would be great and want to see in webOS.

Please limit replies to suggestions to "liking" it, briefly pointing out problems with a suggestion, or briefly discussing additional benefits that would result from a suggested feature.

Also, this thread isn't for general chat.

We also aren't going to use if for general complaints and rants.

This thread isn't for extended debate about missing features. If you want to post in more detail, please use the general Touchpad thread.

Let's make this as easy as possible for HP to pay attention to our suggestions. Thanks for your help and understanding.

P|C staff
    bevcraw
    I would like to request that HP start selling them again, and the Pre3 too ;-)
    looktall likes this.
    I can't believe Hp is asleep at the wheel concerning the Tp.They created beau coup market buzz with the fire sale.Now is the time to capitalize on it .
    Android style pattern lock
    toddbecker#CB likes this.
    When I go to Help, Live Chat on my Touchpad and ask the agent how to submit feedback I get a useless link to an HP site. They don't know about this forum. I thought I would help out future Live Chat users by asking HP to let their Live Chat support team know to send people here. -- Cheers, Michael
    dchello likes this.
    Hi,

I would like to turn off screen tap clicks still hear the Calendar alarms, music and other things playing. Perhaps you should provide the ability to turn off just tap clicks. Thanks, Michael
    I would like to drag and drop pictures into different albums. I would like to create albums. THe simple viewer isn't very functional.
    A better and more detailed Facebook App.
    Oh yeah, integrated Facebook chat.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Need delete button facility which can delete letter sitting next to cursor. Means erase forward to backward. Means first letter to last letter of word. We already have backspace facility which erase last letter of word and go to 1st letter of word.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Silent mode facility with time. Like have facility in phone where phone go to silent mode at predefined time so can not give any email alert or calendar alert in the middle of the night.
    I would like to use Bluetooth ad-hoc networking to allow my Touchpad to connect with my PC to use its Wimax (4G) internet connection. I have set up Internet Connection Sharing and it works with another Ethernet cable connected laptop. Now I need to get it working for my Touchpad.

Is this possible? What are the steps?

Thanks -- Michael
    Balance control for internal, external speakers and ear buds, headphones (including bluetooth).
    Ability to clear "search using" in just type preferences

Some websites will automatically bring up a notification to add them to the search feature inside just type (not sure why some sites do this and others don't)

There are two main problems.
    #1 if you simply swipe to dismiss this notification, it still saves the site in the 'search using' menu, it just does not turn it on. That is rather presumptuous if you ask me. I would love it if someone could make a patch where swiping away the notification resulted in that webpage never being added to your 'search using' list in the fist place. That makes more sense to me

#2 once these sites are saved in your 'search using' list in the Just type preferences (which you currently can't prevent from happening) there is no easy way to get rid of them. This is a problem for a number of reasons
    -privacy. it is basically a browsing history list you cant erase
    -long lists. this list just continues to grow and I can see it, in the future being a pain in the **** to manage all of these sites that I have no interest in.

This post has some info:
    How do you modify "Just Type" preferences?
    but these are complicated, roundabout fixes that don't really fix everything and force you to delete info that can slow down you browser

I would LOVE a patch that would simply let me tap and drag away the entries that I don't want out of the 'search using' list in the Just type preferences
    Quote Originally Posted by jmichaelo View Post
    I would like to use Bluetooth ad-hoc networking to allow my Touchpad to connect with my PC to use its Wimax (4G) internet connection. I have set up Internet Connection Sharing and it works with another Ethernet cable connected laptop. Now I need to get it working for my Touchpad.

Is this possible? What are the steps?

Thanks -- Michael
    Take a look at MyTether. It does BT support.
    The Touchpad music player needs to have a feature to add a song, album, etc. to the current set of songs playing. All I can now do is tap a song and it replaces what is playing. This is basic music player functionality. Am I missing something? -- Thanks, Michael
    All tap keyboards need to support caps lock, i.e. tap the upper case arrow twice. Only some do.
    When opening a Contact, the Notes ignore the <br> tags and wrap everything, and also the <br> tags as well. The Notes should display according to the embedded tags.
    A small memory-footprint remote desktop server would be welcome. Something along the lines of veency on iphone.