Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    in the web browser, double tapping on the top should bring you to the top of the web page
    also full support for html 5. Allot of web sites are broken in the browser right now
    for the touch pad webOS, use the gpu to accelerate the webOS UI, zooming in and out. Basically the interface is saggy use the gnu to speed it up!
    two thing port android to the touchpad
    talk to text app a must have
    cchase231 likes this.
    net flix would be nice
    something224 and funjoy77 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    usb-to-hdmi adapter
    There is already hardware available to convert USB to HDMI / VGA / DVI:
    http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Multi...bosnation0e-20
    Quote Originally Posted by JoQ View Post
    As far as I know there is no way to write the Swedish letters "" with the keyboard, would love a keyboard that adds these three buttons. Is that possible?

Thanks!
    At least the characters "" and "" are possible by keeping the key A or O pressed a bit longer. The the other characters appear.
    I'd love to see Picasa.....all my photos are on there. I see I'm not the only one either!
    A pingyin and/or hand writing input for Chinese is badly needed. All the programs listed as "Chinese" are actually Japanese input.
    ee9clh likes this.
    how about support for printing to any wireless printer since HP wants us to buy one!
    pback likes this.
    I would like a patch to get rid of airplane mode in the device menu, i accidentally hit it once in a while when i lock the rotation, and it's something i never use.

thanks
    batcountry likes this.
    Display battery SOC in percentage directly in top bar, with user settings for colors used and % of SOC for each color range.

Why? One less poke at the screen to see the real battery usage.
    G'day folks and greetings from Australia!

What I would really like is some ability to connect a Touchpad directly to a wired network via the USB port.

I work in an environment were wifi networking is not available and tethering to my phone works only intermittently due to reception issues.

Maybe there is something out there already ???

.. this is my first post ... i am one of those than managed to pickup a Touchpad cheap and I can only say wow!
    xanthorpe likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by perrin21 View Post
    I'd like HP to remove the side to side rubber banding in the browser, it makes verticle scrolling follow your finger and looks unpolished
    What I'd like to see implemented in the webOS browser is what has been implemented in the WebKit2 browser on MeeGo for Harmattan (Nokia N950/N9 - I have an N950):

When you scroll the browser page vertically, the page scrolling is locked in the horizontal direction, ie. the page doesn't wander left and right as you scroll up and down. Similarly, when scrolling horizontally the page is "locked" in the vertical axis. If you want to scroll both vertically and horizontally, you simply start your scroll in a diagonal direction. This simple solution works great when reading long columns of text.
    thestealth, atraum and miljbee like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    I would like to be able to close a window with one step only.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    And which one step do you propose? Keep in mind that this one step has to be made in order to not accidentally close your window/card/app at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Swipe left or right from edge to swap to app that is to the left or right. Just like swipe up for card view.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    This may be to easy to do accidentally. I think a three or four finger swipe left or right would be good for this.
    I think HP/Palm are too late on this as it's what Nokia have already implemented (and, I believe, patented - applied) as part of their Nokia Swipe UI in the N950/N9.

For instance, swiping down closes an application, and swiping up/left/right will return to the previous system "view" (either notifications, launcher or multitasking). These gestures will also be end user configurable, so swiping left could always take the user to notifications, right to multitasking and up to launcher (with down for close and then back to previous system view).

webOS seems to be "Swipe lite" as it only implements a single gesture: up. I have an N950 and for the first hour of using my Touchpad I was swiping left, right and down expecting something to happen

Requiring two swipes to close an app is a little tedious - not a huge problem but still not ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by FG56 View Post
    how about support for printing to any wireless printer since HP wants us to buy one!
    WebOS uses standard PCL , theoretically if its hooked up to your network, it is possible to use any printer with the TP.
    I do use a HP printer so i cannot check that.
    "Humanity wasn't ready for WebOS"

Pre - uk day 1
    Pre + uk Replacement
    HP Touchpad 16 GB Day 1
    HP Pre 3 Vodafone
    Google sync for bookmarks, PLEASE.
    Remote desktop app...definitely!!!
    Ability to open some Microsoft Office docs..
    I'd like to see multiple 'profiles' for an email account.

Reason for this is that I want to be able to retrieve my email for my account from anywhere (POP mail), but I will want to be able to send via the ISP's email server where ever I am. You cannot specify different profiles for the same email address with the TouchPad.

So, as it is now, when I'm at home, I use my ISP's outgoing mail server (mail.AAAA.com), but when I go to my friend's house, I have to change everything so that the email goes out his ISP's mail server (mail.BBBB.com). This is a giant pain in the behind. It would be nice to just select a new profile (same email address and same POP server, but different outgoing mail server).
    batcountry likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I'd like to see multiple 'profiles' for an email account.

Reason for this is that I want to be able to retrieve my email for my account from anywhere (POP mail), but I will want to be able to send via the ISP's email server where ever I am. You cannot specify different profiles for the same email address with the TouchPad.

So, as it is now, when I'm at home, I use my ISP's outgoing mail server (mail.AAAA.com), but when I go to my friend's house, I have to change everything so that the email goes out his ISP's mail server (mail.BBBB.com). This is a giant pain in the behind. It would be nice to just select a new profile (same email address and same POP server, but different outgoing mail server).
    Or you could use another email provider that isn't your ISP. I had the issue you are having, and the solution for me was to switch to Google Mail (I also have my own domain, so use Google Apps). Not being dependent on your ISP for email also makes switching ISPs for better deals much easier in future.
    Will touchpad support more languages?...for example greek?