Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teabiscuit69 View Post
    Seeing as though a lot of us went over to android due to lack of devices and have now come back (myself included) it would be awesome for some type of an android app to spoof the touchpad into thinking it is a webos phone for touch to share and messages/calls... could this even be possible?

also, the open link in new card thing, how about an "open link in new background card"

Anyway, im happy to have gotten 2 32 gb touchpads for 150 each i hope the community stays together and keeps this device going. we never needed hp in the past to keep webos great.
    I think the only possibility out of this is for messaging synchronization. Without a touchstone back cover the touch to share wouldn't work, in regard to the android phone with webOS functionality. Any Bluetooth phone can already transfer calls to the TP.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    bb5683 likes this.
  2.    #222  
    Guys, this is still a features request thread for the Touchpad. Please continue to restrict your comments to the rules in Post #1. Any other posts will be deleted. Thanks for your cooperation.
    anyone can log into their account through the browser.
    Bluetooth open to comunicate with any device and use its services.
    The TB does not have a modem, but a bluetooth phones have it and can be connected to it.
    File trasnfer (Push Objets) (FTP)
    In general to open all connection possibles!
    In the mail app I'd like to see the option to leave the highlighted message as unread unless I mark it as read or some other specific interaction with that email. This is a feature from Outlook that should be included for heavy email users even if it's an option you have to turn on.
    gerzhwin likes this.
    I'd like a patch to remove the "Just type..." search thing
    Adobe PDF reader is quite slow to load files with large volumes of pages, and very time consuming to navigate. Many people need the HP Touchpad as an e-reader and it's hardly adequate for viewing large PDF manuals. There should be a place to type the page number and skip to it, instead of slowly scrolling through hundreds of pages. Please help!

HP / ADOBE - Please provide a solution to navigate through large PDFs

In regards the general functionality of the OS,
    It would be nice to utilize gestures to adjust the size of the cards, and operate multiple cards simultaneously side-by-side, instead of the current situation, which is only operating in full-screen one card at a time. Is this kind of multi-tasking really too much to ask?

Why can't I watch a video in one card, while browsing the web in another - simultaneously in side-by-side cards? Or even cross reference two web pages for that matter...
    Last edited by nobelsmoke; 08/24/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    Is there a way to get a vlc player (or something equivalent)for touchpad.?
    I miss the Wave Bar from my Pre. Why didn't they put that on the Touchpad?
    Given that this thread was intended for HP to look at for official development....what are the chances that they're committed enough to webOS to actually continue to pay attention?

Or does it make sense to keep it around for app developers to look at and figure out workarounds?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    A few Messaging App ideas:

• The ability to sync SMS texts from ALL Palm Pre/Pixi phones, not just the Pre 3
    • More IM services added to the list of available ones, namely FACEBOOK and MSN!
    • Make Skype video calling happen within Messaging app, it's annoying if it opens another card. Keep the phone app for connected Phones though
    • Be able to filter your contacts based on what social network their coming from ie, Skype, AIM, Yahoo, so you can see seperate lists of contacts for all

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more. Any suggestions welcome and i'll add it to this list if you'd like it to be on here.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    [patch request] Open up Shared Messages and Calling
    Please Open up Shared Messages and Calling on the Hp Touchpad to support other smartphone's in the Bluetooth stack. It would be great to see calls and Text from the Touchpad, seeing as The Pre 3 isn't coming to the States...
    Serenegb likes this.
    hardware GPS add-on hack, cheap! (sub $50)
  14. JoQ
    As far as I know there is no way to write the Swedish letters "" with the keyboard, would love a keyboard that adds these three buttons. Is that possible?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JoQ View Post
    As far as I know there is no way to write the Swedish letters "" with the keyboard, would love a keyboard that adds these three buttons. Is that possible?

Thanks!
    Press and hold the corresponding key to get additional characters. So for instance your example you would press and hold "A" to access those additional combinations.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Apologies if if this has already been posted but I'd love to have the iOS feature of double tapping space to insert a period. I keep doing it instinctively!
  17. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    would like to have a adobe plugin for the browser. Went to a website to look at a manual in PDF format and it said i had to download it because the browser didn't have the adobe plugin.
    danved and xanthorpe like this.
  18. JoQ
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Press and hold the corresponding key to get additional characters. So for instance your example you would press and hold "A" to access those additional combinations.
    Great!! Love the reply, I'm awaiting my TP and you are the first one actually verifying these characters are available (there's some threads about it but no answer).

Would it be possible to add those keys to the layout, like on a real keyboard, to the right of the buttons P and L. Is this mod possible you think?
    Email: I would like to be able to get mail from the POP server and have the downloaded email deleted from the Server immediately after download (Not 'synced'). This is analogous to Outlook's 'Internet E-mail Settings' under the 'Advanced' tab, 'Delivery' and leaving the 'Leave a copy of the messages on the server' UNCHECKED.

I just want to get the email onto the touchpad and then delete them off the server, no syncing.
    Last edited by jblather; 08/25/2011 at 06:06 PM.
    I would like scrolling to work for the web based Gmail site, Gmail Contacts and Google Documents. I like conversation view and that does not come with the built in email app.