Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree3224Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    It would be really nice to be able to hook this up to a home network so I can swap files back and forth. I'm surprised I can't. (Or am I missing something?)

FWIW, I have a basic windows home network with a couple of windows machines, tivos, a printer and a network storage device (both HP).
    Quote Originally Posted by varavant View Post
    Not sure I get what you write. I am using my laptop to create an adhoc wifi network and my TP perfectly connects to it.
    No problem, yes only through your computer, and not sure if that is ad-hoc. But not a cell phone. Would make no sense to carry my laptop and the tablet. I do not own a palm phone. This tablet will not do ad-hoc. Only tether through palm, mifi. Or some of the newest Android phones that will do infrastructure. Lots of posts about it.

So in a sense I am not sure what you are writing. I would be better off just carrying my laptop around to stay connected.
    KarlBart likes this.
    i'd like to be able to set advanced browser as the default browser in webOS. The dev said it's possible but HP hasn't allowed it yet.
    ability to pair with non webOS phones.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    The HP Movie Store needs to have an option to "ask for password on every purchase" - kinda like the AppCat does. If I give this thing to my kids I might have to mortgage my house because they can just touch TV shows and movies they want to see. Yikes!

In the mean time, I just have to remove my billing info via the web at roxionow.com when I am done getting what I want and put it back in each time.
    Xebec01 and WillWon like this.
    PDF reader that lets you make markings/notes/comments on a pdf.
    fishiazza, KateD, riw and 6 others like this.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    1. the ability to swipe away cards from the side that aren't in the middle of the screen.

2. scrollbars or some other visual cue that lets you know where you are in a list or on a webpage.

3. native Youtube app. the site doesnt allow you to interact with the video very easily, and that is because of the simple reason of most websites are touch-based websites.

4. someone mentioned more use of the home button, but i would like to see the edges (swipe up goes to card view) utilized more. if that one pixel area senses when one finger is passing through, extend that to two or three or four fingers for added versatility. example would be two fingers swiping up would manually bring up the keyboard. similar to what the playbook is doing (yes, we all know that...) you can do the same for the top and bottom as well. the ipad has graduated somewhat into advanced multitouch gestures, allowing you to...from an app, do a five finger pinch and return to the home screen (as well as others, you can look it up if you havent heard of these).

5. the ability to have custom tabs. not sure why they omitted this in 3.0.

6. i've noticed an inconsistency in the placement of back buttons. some are up top, some are on the bottom. if doesn't make much sense if there is a menu with one or two interaction points at the top and then a back button alll the way on the bottom.

7. bluetooth pair with non-webos phones. they are withholding potential webos adopters just like apple does with their gardens.

I'll submit more once I come across them.
    Voice recognition with translator. Need to speak with people who don't know english... would be awesome if I could hold up the TP and we could speak into it and it would translate on the fly. I think that would revolutionize the world.

Does anyone know if that already exists?
    some of the mock ups had this:

Multiple stacks in view when tp is in landscape!
    I would like to be able to close a window with one step only.
    I would like an auto-complete for filling in online forms (i.e. remember my name, email, address, etc.).
    Manually force the Media Indexer to run.
    TPwebOS820 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcarucci View Post
    This may be included in the edit options but no one has mentioned it: In Quickoffice, the Acrobat Reader doesn't have a page search or even word search like the regular version we all have in our pc's. So that if my document is 300 pages and I need pages 122-150, I don't have to scroll for the pages and then get frustrated when the scroll freezes or keeps going to page 1.
    Other than this, I love the TP and picked it over all the others after months of research.
    Also for PDF reader a much bigger zoom capability, at least 400 percent. For looking at PDF's of building drawings while on the road.
    TPwebOS820, slamba and Dogma like this.
    Hey guys what about having a uservoice feedback page instead of this chaotic thread? I took the liberty and created one here
    Customer Feedback for HP Touchpad with webOS - General
    Instead you can write your ideas there, other's vote and of course if we have enough votes and things to show we can send it to hp. What do you think?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyflyer View Post
    Voice recognition with translator. Need to speak with people who don't know english... would be awesome if I could hold up the TP and we could speak into it and it would translate on the fly. I think that would revolutionize the world.

Does anyone know if that already exists?
    Apps are coming for this, for a taste of what is possible now try "the stupid button" App.
    something224 likes this.
    Focusing on the Web browser, I would like to see:

1. When refreshing a site, have the page remain in the same location and not scroll back to the top.

2. A gesture to quickly go to the bottom of the page (maybe this exists and I don't know about it).
    Palm III --> Palm IIIx --> HandEra 330 --> Palm T|T3 --> HP TouchPad 32G
    I'm just missing keypass as my central password management tool...

OK, I'm missing it all the time since I've got my palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    I would like to be able to close a window with one step only.
    And which one step do you propose? Keep in mind that this one step has to be made in order to not accidentally close your window/card/app at the same time.
    Swipe left or right from edge to swap to app that is to the left or right. Just like swipe up for card view.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Swipe left or right from edge to swap to app that is to the left or right. Just like swipe up for card view.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This may be to easy to do accidentally. I think a three or four finger swipe left or right would be good for this.