08/09/2011, 02:46 PM
1. the ability to swipe away cards from the side that aren't in the middle of the screen.
2. scrollbars or some other visual cue that lets you know where you are in a list or on a webpage.
3. native Youtube app. the site doesnt allow you to interact with the video very easily, and that is because of the simple reason of most websites are touch-based websites.
4. someone mentioned more use of the home button, but i would like to see the edges (swipe up goes to card view) utilized more. if that one pixel area senses when one finger is passing through, extend that to two or three or four fingers for added versatility. example would be two fingers swiping up would manually bring up the keyboard. similar to what the playbook is doing (yes, we all know that...) you can do the same for the top and bottom as well. the ipad has graduated somewhat into advanced multitouch gestures, allowing you to...from an app, do a five finger pinch and return to the home screen (as well as others, you can look it up if you havent heard of these).
5. the ability to have custom tabs. not sure why they omitted this in 3.0.
6. i've noticed an inconsistency in the placement of back buttons. some are up top, some are on the bottom. if doesn't make much sense if there is a menu with one or two interaction points at the top and then a back button alll the way on the bottom.
7. bluetooth pair with non-webos phones. they are withholding potential webos adopters just like apple does with their gardens.
I'll submit more once I come across them.