Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ASASEABAN
  • 2 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    Several TouchPad users that can't afford to purchase more than one TouchPad for their household will love to share/use the TouchPad with loved ones but can't.

Here is a video showing a hack that allow more than one user accounts on an iPad.

Homebrew magicians...make this happen for TouchPad/webOS lovers.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    laoh likes this.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I agree. Being able to use multiple Palm profiles would be a huge selling point for our household.
    would be nice since the wife and I both have Veers...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    This would be great and will most likely be included in Windows 8 which will hopefully push everyone else to do it.

If this thing is really supposed to be geared towards enterprise than it needs support for multiple accounts.
    Actually in enterprise you would probably only want 1 account. If it is meant to be used by multiple people, you would probably have a generic account on it and be using Citrix to login. Or you would want the device secured to a single user.

Just thinking of how we use our laptops here at work. Sure you can login with your windows username and password on the network (once you get past the secure encryption).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Actually in enterprise you would probably only want 1 account. If it is meant to be used by multiple people, you would probably have a generic account on it and be using Citrix to login. Or you would want the device secured to a single user.

Just thinking of how we use our laptops here at work. Sure you can login with your windows username and password on the network (once you get past the secure encryption).
    Well to be a fully capable enterprise device then it would need to be able to log into a domain correct? I work for a large hospital and these would be very hard to manage without that functionality.
    I'm sorry what do you mean by login to a domain? If I am not misunderstanding you, I don't see how you would need multiple palm profiles to login to a domain.

Don't get me wrong I would love for the wife and I to be able to fully share a TP with full synergy, and I do hope it is something HP will look into down the road.

I just don't see much of a use for multiple profiles in most enterprise situations, I can see some uses for it, but overall I don't see it being a deal breaker in most situations. Since profiles control apps and synergy I can see a desire for it, but at the same time, every time you switch a profile that profile would have to sync all it's synergy accounts. At the same time, for example, a TP with a single profile and a company that uses MS, the user could quickly and easily login to OWA for e-mail/calendar/contacts/etc. Sure this wouldn't take full advantage of synergy, but it would not make the device less usable. In a situation like this it will allow the TP to use its resources processing whatever you need it to instead of syncing the whole profile with the cloud.
    bump, anyone figure this out yet or have any ideas?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post

Well, the WebOS is built on a Linux kernel. Linux is designed to be used on machines with multiple users, each with their own accounts. To enable this important feature on WebOS would be trivial.
    heeellllloooooo!?!?!?! Anybody in here??? This would be awesome if someone could hook this up, pretty please with webos on top?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    heeellllloooooo!?!?!?! Anybody in here??? This would be awesome if someone could hook this up, pretty please with webos on top?
    I figured it out.... $99 TP for the wife fixed my problem.
    loopytee and WinstonSmith like this.