Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nyquistjack
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    HI!

The TouchPad (as the phones) can only play mp4 (h264) videos.

It can't player mpeg, divx, xvid or other common codecs.

I do not want to convert my videos for the TouchPad. There is KalemSoft Media Player available in Preware, but it is not using the full screen of the TouchPad.

Also, I think there were some attempts to run MPlayer on the Pre. Would that be working on the TouchPad full screen?

Thanks!

Thomas
    +1 on this. My camrea records in .avi and I would really dislike having to convert everything just to play it on the touchpad. It wasn't such a big deal on the phone with its tiny screen, but on the bigger touchpad its actually quite the annoyance.
    Tatobest likes this.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    If MPlayer is not made for the Touchpad, it will probably run in the little window emulator. And I dont think it is made for it at the moment.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I did. But it does not work. It plays fullscreen, but the video is garbled.
    ^^That stinks. Though I am sure it'll be resolved though.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    KalemSoft is working on a TouchPad Version - it's in beta now.
    If you do a search on these forums for handbreak and follow the instructions... It works for converting avi on a pc to an mp4 format which can then be synced to the TP via usb mode. I did my first one tonight. Well pleased with results.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    KalemSoft MediaPlayer is now available for the TouchPad and it works pretty well.