1.    #1  
    Heres the deal. I am at work and want to connect to my work wifi. The guest wrielesss requires a login/password which I have. They also require you to modify your proxy. When I connect to the wifi on the touchpad it says "network login required". It opens a card and shows my company logo and I enter the login/password. It then just sits there and never connects.. whats going on? How do I change the proxy settings? Help.... This product isn't very enterprise friendly if you cant do this...
    You may have to talk to your IT folks to see how they have the WiFi policies set up. Every company seems to do different things.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Like back in 09 there is still no proxy settings and it drove me mad back then.
  4.    #4  
    yeah sorry, did some searching for it and found out.. personally I am returning my best buy unit even though i got an extra 10% off and will go pick up a costco unit for the 90 day return. If they don't fix this in the next update or at least address that they know its an issue i am done. It boggles my mind that they claim to be targeting enterprise corporations and then they leave out functions like this. Its just sad IMO...
    I had this exact same issue. Got the company login screen, it ignored my clicks, then, suddenly, it worked!!! No idea why, or why not before.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    Heres the deal. I am at work and want to connect to my work wifi. The guest wrielesss requires a login/password which I have. They also require you to modify your proxy. When I connect to the wifi on the touchpad it says "network login required". It opens a card and shows my company logo and I enter the login/password. It then just sits there and never connects.. whats going on? How do I change the proxy settings? Help.... This product isn't very enterprise friendly if you cant do this...
    This is actaully not a problem with the Touchpad. Your company WIFI service has "captive portal" enabled.

You need to get those needed info from your company IT.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by israphael View Post
    This is actaully not a problem with the Touchpad. Your company WIFI service has "captive portal" enabled.

seriously? The touchpad doesn't allow you to modify proxy settings.. thats an issue with the touchpad..
    Quote Originally Posted by israphael View Post

hi israphael, i'm not highly technical, so pardon my ignorance.... can you explain this a bit more? i'm having the same problem and i want to understand what i need to ask IT to change in order to accommodate a touchpad fleet....

thanks in advance
    At my company, the guest wireless requires a password, and the Touchpad seems to connect successfully.

Then I get a notification that says "Network Login Required", which is unsurprising, as I have to do that when I connect to either the guest or the internal wifi network via my laptop. But on my laptop, I get a little dialog box from the browser, and the box has a field for username and password, which corresponds to my network username and password. On my laptop, I enter that and I'm fine.

On the Touchpad, however, I don't get a browser popup, I get a notification. When I tap the notification, I get a "Networking App" card (that's the label in the top-left App menu), and a pane titled "Network Login", but the pane contents are blank. No username prompt, no password prompt. So I can't enter anything. There's no actual menu under the app menu, and there's a left-pointing arrow in the bottom left (in the footer area).

Tapping the arrow doesn't do anything...

So it seems the TP is close to allowing me to authenticate and fully connect, but I can't enter the info I'd need in order to do it.

Any ideas?

Is this an example of this "captive portal" setting? Seems like more of a TP-should-show-me-the-username-and-password-fields kind of thing...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Same exact issue at my office. Blank screen. All I need is to click one "accept" button and I would be on-line. Works with 40 other devices that we’ve tested. This is our first WebOS device. Not impressed.
    I don't know what changed but about 2-3 weeks ago this changed at my workplace. I had made no changes to the TP that I am aware of, but one day, it just started working. That network login page showed me username and password prompts, I fill them in, and voila! I'm connected for realsies. Gremlins doing good deeds or something as far as I'm concerned.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755 > Palm Pre > [Pre 2] > [Pre3], Touchpad > iPhone 4S

Interaction designer looking for an opportunity to change the world for the better. Gadget/connected device fantasist. Distributed Cognition fan. Sci-fi/fantasy fan.