1.    #1  
    Does the TP just sit in there or is there a weak magnetic grip as well?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting the charging station at some point and was considering how well it would mount to a wall. Without either of the physical items in hand, I have to rely on imagination and pics. If there is no magnetic hold, I would think the TP on the TS mounted to a wall may be unstable; at least it would appear so from the pics with the way the TP "spills over" the charger station.

As for why I want to do this: It just seems like a nice convenient place to keep such a device. Often that of it when I had an ipad but never implemented the idea.
    The magnet in the TouchPad Touchstone isn't like the Touchstone for your phone. The TouchPad just rests on the lip of the TouchPad Touchstone. It will fall off if it isn't sitting correctly.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    Does the TP just sit in there or is there a weak magnetic grip as well?

I'm asking because I'm thinking of getting the charging station at some point and was considering how well it would mount to a wall. Without either of the physical items in hand, I have to rely on imagination and pics. If there is no magnetic hold, I would think the TP on the TS mounted to a wall may be unstable; at least it would appear so from the pics with the way the TP "spills over" the charger station.

As for why I want to do this: It just seems like a nice convenient place to keep such a device. Often that of it when I had an ipad but never implemented the idea.
    That really won't work. It's a resting stand and not a magnet.
    The TS is designed to sit at an angle and the TP just sits on the TS, sitting on a lip at the bottom. I do not think it would be able to be mounted to the wall, unless you had a way to secure the TP in place.
    I use the touchstone with TP in the case, as far as I can tell there isnt any magnetic hold at all. And with the case the touchstone lip is actually holding the flap of the case as it wraps around the back of your TP and isnt holding the TP itself.
    In addition to what the others said, the "leg" that goes back is held strictly by friction, so you wouldn't eve be able to mount the back leg on the wall, and depend on the base to hold an angle.
  7.    #7  
    Damn, I thought as much. Thanks. Though I'm still gonna give it some thought and make a few attempts. First thought that comes to mind is utilizing a wall mount for a cordless phone; ya know, the type that angles the bottom of the phone base towards the ceiling; with the proper angle (gravity helping to press it into the stand) and perhaps something done on either side to help hold the TP; it may hold. I dunno. I just like to tweak things and make them as slick and neat as possible. Yeah, I'm picky and detailed oriented :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I use the touchstone with TP in the case, as far as I can tell there isnt any magnetic hold at all. And with the case the touchstone lip is actually holding the flap of the case as it wraps around the back of your TP and isnt holding the TP itself.
    so wait, i'm trying to picture this as i'm interested in getting the charger and the case as well...you fold the front flap back behind the TP (to expose the exhibition mode) then place it on the charger and the magnetic charging still works even through both the front and back pieces of the case??
    Quote Originally Posted by wencyjr View Post
    so wait, i'm trying to picture this as i'm interested in getting the charger and the case as well...you fold the front flap back behind the TP (to expose the exhibition mode) then place it on the charger and the magnetic charging still works even through both the front and back pieces of the case??
    Yes. However mine seems to charge slower that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Yes. However mine seems to charge slower that way.
    makes sense...the magnetic bond willd be weaker through the two layers. i suppose i can always lay it on landscape then fold the front flap up and over the back.
    Yes, I'm not sure how, don't have one yet, but the case is supposed to be compatible with the Touchstone.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I miss the magnet effect though :-(