Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Long time forum stalker....first time poster. A friend of mine works for HP. He's getting me the touchpad with his discount. And with my old VZ Pre Plus I will get the $50 rebate (this month) which brings my 32 GB Touchpad to $449.19. BOOYAH! I'M BESIDE MYSELF WITH EXCITEMENT! I hope the shipping is fast. HP says it's overnight for free. Feels like forever to wait! Just had to post my deal. LOVE WEBOS!
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Congrats Alan! Sounds like a deal too good to pass up! Enjoy the TouchPad - they truly are fantastic

BTW... thank for the post and dropping out of the rafters to share!
    hate to break this to you but Touchpads bought with the 20% discount by HP employees are not eligible for the $50 discount.
    Rut Roh Raggy
    bluenote likes this.
    The deal I got wasn't as good as that, but was still pretty good.

I ordered through one of Amazon's affiliates and Amazon's website messed up the shipping address (it defaulted back to an old address instead of the one that I pressed to be my default). I caught the mistake the same date, but despite not yet being shipped, neither the third party, nor Amazon was able to change the shipping address without canceling the order. So Amazon's customer service price matched the third party seller at:

$556.20 for 32 GB Tab and then gave me a $25 credit for the mistake:
    - $25
    531.20 and then $50 rebate for owning previous device
    $481.20

Not too shabby. I didn't have to pay taxes or shipping.
    All for One and One for All!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhives View Post
    hate to break this to you but Touchpads bought with the 20% discount by HP employees are not eligible for the $50 discount.
    My HP contact got the internal message informing employees of the $50 early-adopter rebate. He even sent me the info straight from their email. So until the fat lady sings on this one I'll still submit for the rebate.
    I'm just happy with my 32gb for $499, no tax or shipping. $549 online retailer posted in one of the threads here + $50 early adopter rebate.

I just returned the 16gb touchpad to bestbuy last night that I bought on launch day for $539 with tax... I was committed to buying it, so now I just look at it as I'm getting a $40 discount and a free upgrade to the 32gb version. Also got my 32gb in the mail yesterday.

Backed up my profile, returned the first, logged into the new one, and I'm ready to rock in all of 15 minutes. I really love WebOS.
    Yes, I know of no other OS that allows for such easy transferability between devices. All you need to do is to log in and enter your password and HP takes care of the rest.
    All for One and One for All!
    Not sure what the price is but Cosco has them on the shelf now.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Yes, I know of no other OS that allows for such easy transferability between devices. All you need to do is to log in and enter your password and HP takes care of the rest.
    My wife has an absolutely terrible phone with Android on it. She saw that my touchpad had the majority of my apps and info on it just minutes after I took it out of the packaging and asked me how it did that...I simply replied, "that's what webOS DOES".
    Slowshutter likes this.