1.    #1  
    I am seriously considering a touchpad but at work they have me using outlook. For my pre plus I just use pocketmirror to sync outlook contacts, calendar, tasks. Is there any way to do this with the touchpad? Due to my work situation this may be the dealer breaker for me so I would love to be able to pull the outlook stuff in. Pocketmirror has told me that they currently don't have and app for touchpad to do this but are hoping to in the future.
    If your office isn't using Exchange, or if they don't allow you to connect, you've got a problem.

One possible solution is to use CompanionLink and Google. At work, sync from Outlook to Google using CompanionLink. On your TouchPad, sync from Google using Synergy.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    As stated above, yes if your office has an Exchange Server that is setup for mobile synchronization this works fine. You just select Exchange, type your Exchange email and password during intitial setup and if your server supports mobile sync it will automatically sync to your exchange account including contacts, calendar, etc. Otherwise follow hparsons advice.
    I use exchange at work, and its working great on my TouchPad. Lets me send meeting invites through calendar too! Never tried tasks though....
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I also have exchange at work but I have a more complicated setup. We use a self signed certificate, and, our exchange server url is a sub domain of our main server. Of course our email addresses have to look like out top level domain. So in actuality, our email is forwarded to our exchange server by our non exchange tld email server. If I just plugged in my real exchange email address, like I did with my pre -, the account showed up as an internet email account, not exchange. So the only thing I was able to see was email. Calendar and contacts were not syncing! I played around with the settings and about 30 minutes ago I finally hit on the right combo! Everything now syncs, and I can read all my emails. Before I was also getting errors when trying to read emails from work, where the tablet timed out and failed to retrieve the txt. Now I get the txt instantly.
    I'm really happy with the touchpad, even If it can be a bit quirky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    I also have exchange at work but I have a more complicated setup. We use a self signed certificate, and, our exchange server url is a sub domain of our main server. Of course our email addresses have to look like out top level domain. So in actuality, our email is forwarded to our exchange server by our non exchange tld email server. If I just plugged in my real exchange email address, like I did with my pre -, the account showed up as an internet email account, not exchange. So the only thing I was able to see was email. Calendar and contacts were not syncing! I played around with the settings and about 30 minutes ago I finally hit on the right combo! Everything now syncs, and I can read all my emails. Before I was also getting errors when trying to read emails from work, where the tablet timed out and failed to retrieve the txt. Now I get the txt instantly.
    I'm really happy with the touchpad, even If it can be a bit quirky.
    What you're running into is caused by WebOS trying to make things easy for the end user. Instead of asking an end user "POP3, IMAP, Exchange, or Google?" it auto-detects the server type. For those users where it doesn't work, you input all the server information manually (which is how it was done before folks tried to automate it). I had the same issue on my Pre with my own domain that ran Google Mail, until Palm eventually fixed it.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    right, but even when I did put all my info manually, only email showed up. What I had to do was put domain\username for email address, and my password. Then the TP brought up the screen that I was used to seeing when using an exchange account, at least for me due to my self signed cert. Its the way all other phone OSes also displayed the manual settings. Glad it works now.
    actually, I got the idea by looking at how my pre set up the exchange calendar account.
    Missing Sync I think is also still available for webOS and everyone syncing to Outlook has this problem including Android and IOS who also use tools like Missing Sync to synchronize data. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Missing Sync I think is also still available for webOS and everyone syncing to Outlook has this problem including Android and IOS who also use tools like Missing Sync to synchronize data. Sorli...
    iOS syncs directly OOTB via iTunes (), and HTC andoid devices can use HTC Sync.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    iOS syncs directly OOTB via iTunes (), and HTC andoid devices can use HTC Sync.
    iTunes can't sync to anything that is even slightly unusual....like Windows Live Mail, which is what Microsoft suggests for Windows 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neitzl View Post
    What I had to do was put domain\username for email address, and my password.
    This is good info.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Hi All...

Sorry but not clear from this thread...has anyone found away to sync with their corp exchange mail account.

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBr View Post
    Hi All...

Sorry but not clear from this thread...has anyone found away to sync with their corp exchange mail account.

Thanks...
    The first two replies pretty much answer it My exchange account has worked perfectly on my pre+, then my pre2 and now my touchpad just follow the info in the first two responses they should work.
    Hi All,
    Reviewed this one a few times, and have email, calendar and contacts sync'ing sweetly from my corp exchange account.

But Exchange based tasklist won't sync...is anyone aware of away of doing this????
    (Already have tasks syncing to my Pre 2, but as screen small and not the most helpful of Tasks UI, was looking for a better solution with touchpad).

All help appreciated.
    Just a detail: ALWAYS that I try to use the ITunes do sync the Idevices with Outlook, I have some problem, because lost some contacts or partial information.

I don't trust...

CompanionLink was perfect when I was using with USB cable, except the contact's pictures, that never sync.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBr View Post
    Hi All,
    Reviewed this one a few times, and have email, calendar and contacts sync'ing sweetly from my corp exchange account.

But Exchange based tasklist won't sync...is anyone aware of away of doing this????
    (Already have tasks syncing to my Pre 2, but as screen small and not the most helpful of Tasks UI, was looking for a better solution with touchpad).

All help appreciated.
    I'm also looking for an app to do this (there is no task/to-do list on the TouchPad for some reason). The built in app works great on my FrankenPre2.
    Pilot 1000 > PalmPilot Pro > Handspring Visor > Treo 700p > XV6700 > HTC-6800 > Pre- > FrankenPre2
    if I don't have exchange, is there a way to sync hotmail calendar without exchange?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    i hope this isnt a hijack but i have a question about mail. i have everything synced to my gmail account. when i went into the TP accounts i used the GMAIL option NOT the exchange option. when i make changes to my contacts or calender online it seems like i always have to manually sync/refresh on my TP. is this true? does the touchpad NOT auto sync?