Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By scorpeo88
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    HP's 'official hard launch' goes into effect this Sunday. Not a bad way to start it off- TouchPad front and center between the Kindle Tablet and the Acer Iconia (whatever thaat is) on Best Buy's upcoming Sunday paper ad. In addition to that, a full top page ad on the 2nd page with details + accessories. Seeing Beats Audio getting a shout out is nice to see.

On a side note, I bought the TP on launch day from Best Buy (got a price match today to 579), and I've been waiting for the accessories to arrive at BB, I assume they were waiting till the 17th, esp being that they are advertising in the papers. I didn't get a chance to check other stores Sunday ads, but I will and keep yinz updated.

holla
    Attached Images Attached Images
    very nice positioning on those pages should draw a good start to advertising.
    Thats the best news I've heard on the HP advertising front yet (thats pretty sad actually). July 1 I had to practically beg the BB sales guy to get a Touchpad out to display. The Veer on display has yet to work for the last month. It's probably a good thing HP didn't "hard" launch it back on July 1. Today however, the same BB has THREE Touchpads on display with all the accessories below them. The Veer unfortunately still is dead. I even tried fiddling back behind the display to make sure the charger wasn't unplugged. Sigh.
    That's a great looking promotional, though it's a shame the TP is the most expensive one listed. lol
    gotta love those disclaimers "up to approximately 8 hours". HP always overdone the disclaimers piece :-P
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    It's nice to see the TP get some ad space but the real story is probably the Iconia going down to 399. I'm sure you'll see that story everywhere.

I currently have an Asus Transfomer with the keyboard dock and am considering a jump to the touchpad.

Maybe I will jump over to BB today to check it out.
    I just hope that Best Buy has some of the accessories in stock by Sunday. Mine doesn't have any of them.
    Picked up a 32 gig Touchpad from my Louisville BestBuy yesterday, along with the Touchstone. I got them to match Amazon's $570 price for the pad as well the $66 price for the touchstone (down from $70). I was going to nab the case too but they didn't have it. The rep said they were supposed to have gotten some, and even checked in the back as he recalled a truck having came through, but no avail.

Had to love using the Touchpad display model itself to visit Amazon and to show the floor rep the lower prices. Then I was kinda dismayed when he need to go back to the unit to recheck the price, and he seemed unable to figure out how to work it. It had gone back into demo mode and he we about to abandon his attempt. I had to tell him "no, it's still there", swipe up, and over to the open stack of Amazon cards. It was like the first time the guy had actually seen anyone use the device properly and effectively.

Not a good sign when the sales people don't know how the hell to use the thing
    Quote Originally Posted by owall View Post
    gotta love those disclaimers "up to approximately 8 hours". HP always overdone the disclaimers piece :-P
    believe it or not, there was one review where it made over 9 hours and the ipad doing the same thing only made 8 hours and change
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Bought a 16 GB touchpad on launch day but returned it cause I got the 32 GB from amazon. To my surprise they had cases and touchstones in this time. I ended up picking up a touchstone cause my refund was over $500 originally which required a check to be mailed unless I spent $50+.
    Interesting that the prices are back up to $499 and $599, respectively. Glad I got my $10 back before the moved them back up.

The BB by my work still didn't have any accessories as of Wednesday tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    It's nice to see the TP get some ad space but the real story is probably the Iconia going down to 399. I'm sure you'll see that story everywhere.

I currently have an Asus Transfomer with the keyboard dock and am considering a jump to the touchpad.

Maybe I will jump over to BB today to check it out.

So I was in Best Buy and the guy there seemed pretty knowledgable about the touchpad, and did speak highly of it, but really had a pretty good sales pitch on the Asus Transformer, and I must say if I did not already ahve a touchpad (And was not an HP empl ;-) he might just have sold me. How have you found the Asus lacking? Just curious.