Page 1 of 57 123456 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have had my touchpad since launch day and I noticed today that the case is is cracked by the speaker. I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue? I know it's a minor problem and I could probably fix it myself but for the $600 I paid I plan on exchanging it for another. Other than this it love the touchpad so far. Has anybody tried the case yet and if so what do they think about it? Thanks.
    mine has this too... I dropped it..
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    mine has this too... I dropped it..
    I didn't drop mine so it is somewhat disappointing.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    happened to me too. Returned it to costco.
    The outside edge of the case is a rubber like material, how does it crack?
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happynoodleboy View Post
    I have had my touchpad since launch day and I noticed today that the case is is cracked by the speaker. I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue? I know it's a minor problem and I could probably fix it myself but for the $600 I paid I plan on exchanging it for another. Other than this it love the touchpad so far. Has anybody tried the case yet and if so what do they think about it? Thanks.
    Seems to have happened to me as well. I did not drop it either. I bought mine from best buy, wondering if things like this are covered. I did not purchase any extended warranty or anything.
    ashinkusher420 likes this.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I think he is referring to the outer plastic housing/body of the touchpad itself.

I just got the case from HP today and so far I love it. It has a nice feel and the many standing positions make it even better
    John566 likes this.
    Sucks, I am kinda OCD about my electronics, so I was thinking about getting the full skin for the TP and our Veers... This may make that happen quicker. Ours is coming with the HP case, but a crack like this makes me want a lil more protection.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The plastic is very thin in this area by the speaker port. Looks to me like this is going to be like the USB cracking defect we all know on the Pre. I don't like the speaker port design, I think they could have done much better its way to thin. (plastic)
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    its plastic and the structural integrity is weakest where the cut was made for the speakers. Hollow plastic is quite crackable
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    wow I just looked at mine and it's definitely cracked. never dropped it or anything. very disappointing.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    so i just got done talking to webOS support.. they said they may be able to replace the device and someone should be calling me tomorrow.

here is a picture of the offending area
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    Seems to have happened to me as well. I did not drop it either. I bought mine from best buy, wondering if things like this are covered. I did not purchase any extended warranty or anything.
    You have a 1 year manufactures warranty for defects. This is obviously one. Take it back and get another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnao05 View Post
    so i just got done talking to webOS support.. they said they may be able to replace the device and someone should be calling me tomorrow.

here is a picture of the offending area
    Ouch! That looks bad. So they are going to replace it. Good! I checked mine and I did not have the same issue. What a bummer!
    I don't have cracks by my speakers. However, a hairline crack developed by my headphone jack. I've never dropped it. *sigh*
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'll report back to this thread after they call me and let everyone know the outcome. Let's hope they fix this design flaw in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Sucks, I am kinda OCD about my electronics, so I was thinking about getting the full skin for the TP and our Veers... This may make that happen quicker. Ours is coming with the HP case, but a crack like this makes me want a lil more protection.
    Me too! I have mine in the case and it looks like I won't be taking it out. I got an additional warranty from SquareTrade just for stuff like this, even though it's covered by the manufacturer for the 1st year.
    Those of you with cracks: was your TP snapped into a case? (Wondering if the case puts stress on the corners...)
    Quote Originally Posted by happynoodleboy View Post
    The case is nice. Kinda like something made by Body Glove. It covers the whole device when closed but the front flap is hinged at the speakers when opened. The front flap flips to the back and doubles as a two position kickstand for the device. When the front flap is opened only the Gorilla glass over the screen is exposed in the front. The speakers and most of that edge are exposed at the hinge. I ordered my case through Amazon and had it in under a week. After reading these post I will not be taking it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by k4ever View Post
    Me too! I have mine in the case and it looks like I won't be taking it out. I got an additional warranty from SquareTrade just for stuff like this, even though it's covered by the manufacturer for the 1st year.
    Yeah I had already been looking at the woodgrain back with screen protector. Even though mine will probably stay in the case, wouldn't mind some form of extra protection (and I have a love for wood grain, and old skool styles mixed with new school).

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 1 of 57 123456 11 51 ... LastLast