Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657
Results 1,121 to 1,126 of 1126
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I thought I was lucky with the famous speaker crack, but I finally got one, even though I keep my TP permanently in the official rubber case.

I have a feeling that trying to superglue a crack that fine would just make a mess.

But this is just a minor flaw that gives the TP some character. I used to have an old MGB sports car that had the famous "MG crack" (Crack of Doom Repair : How-To Library : The MG Experience), appearing below where the front window frame joins the body.
    Yep...same here...not a big deal for me...
    TouchPad 4G, TouchPad 32GB w/4.4.4
    I experienced cracks around the speakers on my TP. HP replaced the shell, but within three months, it cracked again. I cleaned the affected areas with alcohol and used a two part metal filled epoxy applied as 4mm sized beads over each crack and additionally, on the respective corners of the usb port and the switch buttons as a preventive measure. I also ran a bead over a crack that was progressing from a speaker down the back of the case. After the epoxy had cured, I used a small file to flatten the high spots of the beads then stained the epoxy with a black Sharpie. The repair job is not very noticable with the case on and has worked well for over two years.
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gluestick View Post
    I experienced cracks around the speakers on my TP. HP replaced the shell, but within three months, it cracked again. I cleaned the affected areas with alcohol and used a two part metal filled epoxy applied as 4mm sized beads over each crack and additionally, on the respective corners of the usb port and the switch buttons as a preventive measure. I also ran a bead over a crack that was progressing from a speaker down the back of the case. After the epoxy had cured, I used a small file to flatten the high spots of the beads then stained the epoxy with a black Sharpie. The repair job is not very noticable with the case on and has worked well for over two years.
    Somehow, somewhere HP either worked this out or got lucky. I've sent back 2 devices and the current one has yet to crack which I'm pretty happy about.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Somehow, somewhere HP either worked this out or got lucky. I've sent back 2 devices and the current one has yet to crack which I'm pretty happy about.
    Hopefully, in order to make it less brittle, they altered the formula of the plastic - rather as they may also have done with the official soft case and it's tendency to swell and stretch as a result of absorbing grease from the human fingers continuously prodding at it!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Hi still using my Touchpad on (webOS) daily since 2011, no cracks by speakers and original case still
    a tight fit must be lucky, battery still good after three years bought on 1st July 2011,
    good to see many still in use and this site still going, also have a pre 3 and use touch to share
    and being able to make calls/texts and Skype calls from touchpad is useful, does any other
    make of tablet/phone have this feature or was it a Palm exclusive ?.
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657