Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1126
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Had 2 cracks on my Touchpad in addition to problems with loose home button and rubber grommet around screen. Started repair process though HP Chat. Sent Touchpad in and it was returned 10 days later with no repairs at all, just screen protector. Called customer service and explained issues. Sent pictures to Level 3 management email while rep was on the phone with me. A new service order was created and a case number was issued. Maybe it will get repaired this time. My advice echoes other poster; if you have cracks, CALL customer service and be prepared to send photos.
    Good luck all... Happy 4th
    Mine's cracked. I noticed it like 6 months ago. It's been that way forever. I doubt it was abuse related, the way we treat it. I figure if I have time I'll just mix up some J-B Weld and be done with it.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Do I need to remove CM9 before sending my TP in for repair? I wouldn't think so since its for a hardware issue and android has nothing to do with the issue.
    Found a small hairline crack by the left speaker awhile back, after reading all the threads on it, and then checking for myself, and it had been handled with extreme care and in a case since day one.... Put some super glue in the crack, and in the case, never will see it anyway.... Too much hassle sending it in, only to get it back and crack again eventually from what I've been reading it seems..But one thing is that the plastic frame is very fragile around the cut out areas for the speakers, switches, so I simply handle it lightly, heavy hands and pressure while holding it, probably make the cracks worse and more widespread.... My kids do use it occasionally as well with the same handle with care instructions, but the crack still has never gotten worse after superglue was applied....
    Last edited by oldskoolluva; 07/08/2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Does the touchpad need to still be under warranty for HP to fix it?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Sent my Touchpad in for repair for cracks 6 weeks ago. After many attempts to find out what was taking so long one of the CS reps finally told me they just flatout lost my Touchpad. and after many repeated calls i finally got them to send me a new one today! Iam just going to sell it when I get it back I am tired of dealing with HP.I loved my Palm Pre and Touchpad I even bought the 2 year protection plan for it. I have just had it up to here with dealing with HP support. I just got a Google Nexus 7 and am thrilled with it. I only hope they come out with a 10 inch version to go with it.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for my TP's return from HP's repair service... cracks next to both the power-on button and 1 speaker port.
    If HP is using the same part than I expect I'll sell mine rather than take the hit after the 1-year warranty expires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman6235 View Post
    Does the touchpad need to still be under warranty for HP to fix it?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by EndOfLevelBoss View Post
    No cracks here after 7 months (and my TouchPad was second hand). I still expect it to crack one day but so far I appear to be one of the lucky ones. I never hold it landscape with the speaker side down though as a precaution. Whether that has helped or not I don't know.
    How do you charge in on the touchstone? With the HP rubber case the speakers have to go ont he button else it won't charge...grrr....
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    How do you charge in on the touchstone? With the HP rubber case the speakers have to go ont he button else it won't charge...grrr....
    Not true, all three of our TouchPads charge only on Touchstones (for almost a year on all three now) almost solely in portrait mode, all 3 in HP cases, speakers to the left.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Not true, all three of our TouchPads charge only on Touchstones (for almost a year on all three now) almost solely in portrait mode, all 3 in HP cases, speakers to the left.
    I think you missed the part he said "I never hold it landscape with the speaker side down though as a precaution." So I am assuming he is putting it on landscape but with the speakers up.

So do your TP's charge with the rubber HP case and with the speakers up?

Thanks
    Vas
    I charge in portrait as I assume he may as well or technically when he is charging, he is not "holding" so he could be charging in landscape speakers down, but not holding it that way.

I was only responding to your statement that with the rubber case on it has to go speakers down to charge... technically even without the rubber case it won't charge speakers up or landscape with speakers to the right.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I was only responding to your statement that with the rubber case on it has to go speakers down to charge... technically even without the rubber case it won't charge speakers up or landscape with speakers to the right.

I was positive that I could charge my TP with speakers up without the case....maybe my memory is playing games. I got to send my TP back anyway (to replace the back plate) so I will check it again when I remove the case. I don't like putting too much pressure on it.

Vas
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    August 15 is coming up soon, so a lot of us will be taking a final opportunity to check our TPs for cracks and decide if anything is serious enough to send in for warranty repair. You might want to beat the rush!

I don't think I've had any cracks yet, but I haven't removed the cover for months, so I guess I should. But honestly if it's just a little crack, I would probably super-glue it and forget about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    August 15 is coming up soon, so a lot of us will be taking a final opportunity to check our TPs for cracks and decide if anything is serious enough to send in for warranty repair. You might want to beat the rush!

I don't think I've had any cracks yet, but I haven't removed the cover for months, so I guess I should. But honestly if it's just a little crack, I would probably super-glue it and forget about it.
    The problem is that the little becomes bigger/longer. I say check it and glue it or send it back. I am sending back mine a second time and I know this will be the last one. I just hope a bit of glue will be good enough the next time...

Vas
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Well, I finally removed the case and checked for cracks since I only have a single month of warranty left. No cracks! (whew!)

I'm reasonably careful with mine, but not obsessively so.
    anyone from Romania who has a cracked housing and wants a new one?
    Oh well, was debating living with the cracks I have one either side of the USB port, but now my TP will not charge.
    My TouchPad is going to HP on Monday , it started developing cracks by the USB port and by one of the speakers.
    I decided the as my Touchpad is out of warranty on the 22nd of this month I may as well send it back to get repaired, I had to email HP some photos of the defects but all was good and now upS are collecting it Monday.
    Lets hope I get it back in one piece :-)
    Just got off the phone with CS Rep (who I could hardly understand because of her thick accent) and was told that cracks are not covered under the warranty anymore? And that if I wanted it fixed it would be to the tune of $385. When did this happen? Online chat support told me the same thing. I'm considerably annoyed considering I've had my 32 gb Touchpad since the firesale and have taken great care not to put too much pressure on the speakers. Finally noticed a hairline crack near the left speaker yesterday and thought I could get it fixed before my warranty expires in October. I'm having it sent in to fix the backlight bleed though I'm sure they'll end up swapping it with an equally bad or worse screen.

Oh, and I was charged $14 to speak to someone with broken english read a troubleshooting script.

FML.