Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1126
Like Tree67Likes
    I think a better question would be who DOESN'T have a crack on theirs by the speaker. Like many others, mine developed a crack even though it was slipped into a HP leather case/stand type thing since almost the first month I bought the TP. I didn't notice it of course until I thought about looking and although I can be a bit OCC on things, if it's out of sight, it's out of mind. So grabbing some handy dandy super-glue and hoping it doesn't get bigger...cause it's pretty damn big. About an inch long. I don't remember dropping it ever, but I have owned it for almost a year now (got in on August 20, my hubby's birthday!).

As long as it doesn't keep me from enjoying my touchpad and the fact that no one can see it, I'm not about to send it in. Although hubby's did the same thing early on and he still has the box for it running around here somewhere...he never sent it in but was one of the early ones to report this flaw that HP can't seem to admit to.
    Last edited by JediPriestess; 06/14/2012 at 09:12 AM.
    I bought a new leather case from the sale HP had. I finally got it monday. I took off the old one and low and behold there was a small T sized crack by the right speaker. As advised I super glued it. I got my TP from Staples and also the 2 year drop insurance. I'll wait until I have to send it in as long as I can. Maybe by then someone will have some back covers to sell as well.
    Ya it sucks but what ya gonna do, it is what it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    I think a better question would be who DOESN'T have a crack on theirs by the speaker. Like many others, mine developed a crack even though it was slipped into a HP leather case/stand type thing since almost the first month I bought the TP. I didn't notice it of course until I thought about looking and although I can be a bit OCC on things, if it's out of sight, it's out of mind. So grabbing some handy dandy super-glue and hoping it doesn't get bigger...cause it's pretty damn big. About an inch long. I don't remember dropping it ever, but I have owned it for a little over a year now. well 1 year and 10 months (got in on August 20, my hubby's birthday!).

As long as it doesn't keep me from enjoying my touchpad and the fact that no one can see it, I'm not about to send it in. Although hubby's did the same thing early on and he still has the box for it running around here somewhere...he never sent it in but was one of the early ones to report this flaw that HP can't seem to admit to.
    No cracks here after 7 months (and my TouchPad was second hand). I still expect it to crack one day but so far I appear to be one of the lucky ones. I never hold it landscape with the speaker side down though as a precaution. Whether that has helped or not I don't know.
    I just love my Touchpad .. i thought it was just great how after i updated to 3.0.5 all my games stopped working . and i thought it was even better when i could no longer listen to radio on it , because the internet just stops working { iplayer just stops playing after a minute} .. whats was even more fun for me was lovefilm not using flash anymore so there goes my films . and now i have just noticed cracks round my speakers ... ha ha my u.k touchpad i paid 450 for is dead .
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio Maldino View Post
    I just love my Touchpad .. i thought it was just great how after i updated to 3.0.5 all my games stopped working . and i thought it was even better when i could no longer listen to radio on it , because the internet just stops working { iplayer just stops playing after a minute} .. whats was even more fun for me was lovefilm not using flash anymore so there goes my films . and now i have just noticed cracks round my speakers ... ha ha my u.k touchpad i paid 450 for is dead .
    So have you tried doctoring to see if that fixes your games?

Interesting, I didn't think (due to the fact they aren't on TuneIn Radio) BBC1-6 allowed their broadcasts outside of the UK..... I'm currently on BBC1 on http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...tenlive.....so far I'm well over the 1 minute mark....had a couple of pauses, looks like buffer issues, but for the most part....seems like it's working, even when the screen goes dark......buffer issues seem to have stopped while I've been writing this.

Can't check lovefilm as I'm not a UK resident, but I'm telling you that BBC iPlayer has been going for 10 solid minutes, other than those 2 brief (under 5 second pauses) when I first started it up, zero issues from 7 time zones away.

Check around, some people have bought skins/armor for the backs of their TouchPads. "Out of sight, out of mind" they say. I have a crack as well, but I never take mine out of its case, and the previous statement works for me.

Screen is completely off and still streaming.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    thanks for replying and testing yours with iplayer . ok.. i might have sounded a bit moany earlier.. but its fixed! i found a patch in preware called wi-fi fix . now it plays for a good while before cutting out .
    Last edited by Paulio Maldino; 06/10/2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulio Maldino View Post
    thanks for replying and testing yours with iplayer . ok.. i might have sounded a bit moany earlier.. but its fixed! i found a patch in preware called wi-fi fix . now it plays for a good while before cutting out .
    Keep in mind that even if the support for webOS dies and the list of things that don't work grows there is the option of installing CM9. With dual boot you don't lose webOS you just have more options.
    I have two 32GB touchpads. One works great without any issues (so far!). The other one developed three cracks one on each side of the speaker and the third near the USB socket. I chatted with HP support, the guy asked me to send couple of pictures of the cracks. I took it with my phone's camera and emailed them to HP. Support guy agreed with the issue and asked me to send the touchpad for repair. I cleaned my TP and sent it back in the box that HP sent. Within a week I got it back. I was curious to see if they sent me anew one or my previous TP with a new plastic body. I realized that they took the hardware from my original TP and put it back into a new plastic enclosure (the MAC address of my wifi proved that). Anyway I happy to see the device back, but soon I realized that the back of device seemed to buckle a little bit. Then I also realized that every time I hook or unhook USB to/from the device, the device vibrated with horrible noise. I went into Settings > Sounds & Ringtones section and started to play with increase/decrease the sound while "vibrate" mode was on. The sound that came out of the system was terrible. I had to get back on the chat session and talk to HP support again. The guy had a nerve to tell me to just simply turn off the "vibrate" mode. This time around the support person was neither helpful nor attentive. He asked the same question multiple times as if he was testing my patience. Anyway, after 1 hr of explaining the same things over and over, he finally agreed with me that the device needs repair. So, I sent back again...that was two days back. Hopefully I will get it this week and "hopefully" i don't have deal with any more issues.
    Cheers
    gopale
    Getting the cracks repaired is borderline pointless at this stage in the game, unless you immediately play on reselling. When cracks appeared on my most recent replacement (~6 months in my ownership) I went the route of guerrilla gluing the areas where the cracks were starting (usb port and right speaker) as well as applying a thin layer on other potential problem areas that others have reported to prevent or at least slow down any other cracking. That and adding a 3M vinyl, carbon-fiber design skin seems to have kept the cracking at bay for about 2 months now. If you're in it for the long haul, I don't see how you'll be able to avoid this.
    I never thought that I would be back on this thread but here I am....
    I just noticed today a crack around one of my speakrs. Not sure how this developed again. After a few months with a new backplate I'm back to crack 1. I guess I will wait till my warranty is almost over before I send this unit back....

Unfortunately it looks like my Touchpad won't last for "ever"

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I never thought that I would be back on this thread but here I am....
    I just noticed today a crack around one of my speakrs. Not sure how this developed again. After a few months with a new backplate I'm back to crack 1. I guess I will wait till my warranty is almost over before I send this unit back....

Unfortunately it looks like my Touchpad won't last for "ever"

Vas
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001IY...bosnation0e-20
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I am having to send mine back again after my case developed cracks not only by the speakers, but also by the power button, micro-usb port and also the serial number slide.

I haven't dropped the touchpad and have had it in a case since I got it back last time.

This is horrendous, the warranty runs out in August so it looks like I have a choice on selling the touchpad once it is repaired, or live with it once the cracks occur again.

This was supposed to be a 400+ product? Hah.

In addition to this, I rang webos support to sort out the return on Monday, but nobody seems to have any idea when it will actually be picked up because they're apparently moving the repair centre.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Is that like super glue? And have others in here used it successfully?

Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Is that like super glue? And have others in here used it successfully?

Thanks
    Vas
    It's been going strong for 3 months on my TP ( that exact brand, but I'm sure most would work). I spread a little around on at risk areas as well to harden the plastic a bit. If the piece is fully detached, just remember to not leave your finger on an area with glue while you apply pressure or you might lose some skin (trust me, 20 seconds and you'll be applying antibiotic ointment to your thumb for the next week).
    What I did: bought some high quality super glue, a displex tube (the red one), adhesive tape. I put the tape on the part of the screen near the speaker crack (and a little inside the rubber gasket opening, to protect it), applied a fair amount of super glue inside the crack and over it, waited 30sec and wiped off the super glue surpluss. After 3 more minutes I applied a drop of displex on the super glue area and started rubbing with the included micro fiber cloth. Be careful not to rub/place red displex paste on screen because it ruins the olephobic coating. After 2-3 more drops of displex and a fair ammount of rubbing, the plastic shines like new and the crack was covered.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Can I join the club?

Mine has a crack about an inch long dead-centre next to the 'camera'.

Can't say it bothers me but ta for the tips for fixing it
    Do you like Touchpads? Do you like Android? Do you hate Android but just need an app or two? Do you just like belonging to forums? Try this: http://forums.webosnation.com/android-touchpad/
    I also had to send in my TP twice for the cracks by the speakers and it's starting to develop a small crack by the speaker again.
    Anyway, I found this disassemble manual from HP. http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitiz...1617223529.pdf
    It looks easy enough. I'm considering taking it apart to glue it from the inside.
    I have 2 cracks, one by each speaker.
    I don't really care to get it repaired but then those cracks definitely make the TP harder to sell when that time comes. I guess I'll try to get it repaired right before the warranty runs out.
    I noticed this on my pad too a few days ago and I baby this thing....*** ?

Just got done live chat with hp and they are replacing it and sending the box so no cost from me.

Took 10 min.
    Also recently got cracks out of seemingly no where. Called up HP sending them photos of the cracks and will have it repaired in a week or 2 I guess.