Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1126
Like Tree67Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Has anyone found a good DIY fix for preventing or repairing the cracks? I see some starting on mine and I'd like to slow down the progression as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Vos View Post
    does anybody know what i can do to fix them cracks / prevent them from getting bigger?
    Since I got my TP back I bought a skinomi full cover (back & front) and the official TP HP case. I had a leather case from a different company, but the HP ones hugs the unit much better, feels more solid and thus heavier but its rubbery so it feels like it acts like an absorbsion system.

Of course if you through your TP around you can expect cracks again. So far so good, but I stopped playing music loud or any sounds on more than 1 or 2 marks on the scale. I think the speakers could have created vibrations, starting up the cracks. I do not want to risk it.

For the record I got the same unit back. I bought it from the UK, got repaired in Hungary and it took about 1 week to get the whole process done. They also wipe your unit so anything that doesn't sync with the cloud do back it up.

Hope this helps
    Vas
    Ok, I found this. Now, what do I do with cm9....I believe I use ACMEUinstaller? I just need verification please.

Thank you,
    Rosy

Quote Originally Posted by Racer-X View Post
    You are basically going to act like you are not getting the same device back even though all anticipation is that you will. You never know if something may happen during repair, etc. It's unlikely as heck but that is what I would do.

You should clear the Web browser cache, saved forms, passwords, etc. That is in the upper left of the browser window. It is all right there in the same area. When done, go to those web pages and make sure they are gone.

For photos you should make sure you have backup copies elsewhere. If they are personal you can remove them and replace when you get it back. Basically take off all your personal stuff you don't want anyone else to have.

When you get it back it will have a new battery and be reset. You will enter your account info, then it will update and restore all your data except for certain progress in some games (Angry Birds for me dang it). Your apps will all come back on their own, you don't need to worry about those.

This should not be a big deal. It takes 10 days with a weekend included at most. They will overnight a box for you and then overnight it back.

My advice. You should get it done asap before they decide that the cracks are cosmetic or they run out of spare casebacks.

877-426-3777
    Mon. Fri. 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PT
    Sat Sun. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Quote Originally Posted by woge14 View Post
    Yeah, dont worry too much about the shipping. HP shipping info is a bit wonky.
    They sent me my second box for repair last week. I packed the touchpad in it , shipped it out same day. 2 days later I get an email stating that HP is sending me a box to send my unit in. (it was the same ups track# from the box they sent 2 days earlier)

Still waiting on the repairs to be done and shipped back to me though.
    If the casing looks to be the same inferior design as the originals, I will be looking into another brand very soon.

Can anyone confirm if the plastics are different than the originals?? thanks
    yes..u will get the same casing.
    So I wanted to update everyone -- alas - the my Touchpad arrived today and within the 10 days they allotted for the repair. The back was carefully replaced with a new shell, it looks good as new.

I feel a bit guilty about complaining about their service, perhaps I jumped the gun a bit - the period of time without UPS tracking updates was a bit odd, but I guess above-board.

Anyhow, I could be any happier to have my beloved TP back.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by rosystreasures View Post
    Ok, I found this. Now, what do I do with cm9....I believe I use ACMEUinstaller? I just need verification please.

Thank you,
    Rosy
    Follow the instructions in the CM9 thread. Use the search box at the top of the page, and keep this thread on topic please.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Well, I just came back from dropping of my TP at UPS (Office Depot).

I had a skin on and the tech rep told me not to worry about taking it off.

I was told I would get it back from 7 - 10 days from the day I send it my unit.

Oh I also included a detailed note asking for my unit to be repaired and to please not send me someone else's. I also said I am willing to wait a few extra days in order for me to get my original unit back. It's perfect with no other defects (that I could tell). I'll keep you guys informed.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpepin View Post
    So I wanted to update everyone -- alas - the my Touchpad arrived today and within the 10 days they allotted for the repair. The back was carefully replaced with a new shell, it looks good as new.

I feel a bit guilty about complaining about their service, perhaps I jumped the gun a bit - the period of time without UPS tracking updates was a bit odd, but I guess above-board.

Anyhow, I could be any happier to have my beloved TP back.

Ron
    Are you sure you got the same one back with a new cover and not a refurb?
    700P...755...Pre+...Pre 2...Touchpad
    Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    Sounds like the exact issue I was having. I sent my TouchPad in because of two cracks, one by each speaker.

The customer service representative offered me a repair where I would send it in for 10 days and then receive another one. A week and a half later I received the box back from HP with a refurb unit. It looked nice, had no visual issues, but unfortunately the bottom speaker was broken.

So I shipped that back and they offered me a repair/exchange where they would send me a device along with a box to send back my old device in. I refused to pay any extra charge for this service. So then I received TouchPad number 3. The screen in this TouchPad was elevated to the point where you could feel it going up and down. The button was crooked and loose and there was a crack going down the back of the device.

So once again, HP received a call from me. Exasperated, I asked for another repair/exchange and they told me that they no longer offered that. After 3 TouchPads I wouldn't take no for an answer and eventually the representative was able to hook me up with a repair/exchange order. So then a couple days later I got TouchPad number 4. This one had scratches all over the back as well as a big scratch right in the bottom right of the screen.

So of course I called HP again and they set me up for another repair/exchange where they would send me the device along with a box for the old one and this time they asked no questions. That brings me to today when I received Touchpad number 5. Well this one has a a thumbsized splotch right in the middle of the screen where all of the colors are distorted, as well as the rubber around the screen being all torn up.

The customer service staff has been very apologetic and easy to work with, but whoever checks the refurbished units for quality needs to be fired.

Guess who's getting another call tomorrow morning. Hopefully number 6 will be passable.
    Just got my Touchpad back today. Took 11 days. (well, 24 days if you include the first repair they did NOT fix)
    I actually got the same unit back. HP replaced the plastics and it looks ok. Booted it up to make sure screen was fine and all worked properly.

Put it back in the box, listed on Craigslist and sold it within 1 hour.

The wife still has the 32gb touchpad. Will keep that around alittle longer.... maybe.
    Kewl! Dood! Make sure you keep us all posted!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woge14 View Post
    Just got my Touchpad back today. Took 11 days. (well, 24 days if you include the first repair they did NOT fix)
    I actually got the same unit back. HP replaced the plastics and it looks ok. Booted it up to make sure screen was fine and all worked properly.

Put it back in the box, listed on Craigslist and sold it within 1 hour.

The wife still has the 32gb touchpad. Will keep that around alittle longer.... maybe.
    What did you get for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What did you get for it?
    Craigslist - sold it for 175.00 (U.S) Could have gotten more on Ebay, but with the inflated ebay fees and paypal fees, just not worth it anylonger. Buyer was happy. TP was in new cond with No Cracks ! :-) (for now)
    Hi All! Here's an update!

I rec'd an email stating my TP was shipped UPS. I checked the UPS website and it said next day air, but no delivery date. So I called UPS and was told it would be delivered Monday before 10:30am. I also spoke to chat tech support. Apparently, my original TP was fixed and is in fact the one being shipped to me.

We shall see....
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Hi All!

I got my TP back just about 30min ago.

Its beautiful. Looks brand new. AND I received my original, not a refurb.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Noticed a crack on the left speaker after owning this particular Touchpad for a month, sent it in, three weeks with no change on the status page. After I made an inquiry the Touchpad came in a few days later unrepaired, second trip to the repair center took about a week and a half. Got my original unit with a new back, except now the faux SIM card tray with the serial number doesn't close properly and the left speaker doesn't work.
    I finally got my Touchpad back yesterday. The first time I sent it in, it came back unrepaired. This time, it was repaired and looks good as new. I was lucky enough to get the same unit back. It took nearly 4 weeks total to get it repaired. Hopefully, the crack will not come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
    Noticed a crack on the left speaker after owning this particular Touchpad for a month, sent it in, three weeks with no change on the status page. After I made an inquiry the Touchpad came in a few days later unrepaired, second trip to the repair center took about a week and a half. Got my original unit with a new back, except now the faux SIM card tray with the serial number doesn't close properly and the left speaker doesn't work.
    Sad, but the HP Repair center basically sux. I sold the 16gb that took 2 trips to repair center (nearly a month gone) Sold it via craigslist the day it came back. We still have our 32gb that is developing a very minor crack now, But wont send it in due to poor experience thru HP.

Yes, dont worry about shipping updates because HP is also poor at that. Once they send you an email stating that it has been repaired and shipped, it may take 5-8 days to receive. If you dont get it within a week, that would warrant a call.

We will probably sell 32gb one within next month or so and move on to another brand.
    Good Luck
    My TP has severe cracks on both speakers. I had planned on sending it in for repair, but now you all have me worried with your horror stories. Any tips on successfully repairing the cracks?
    My favorite was the guy who claimed he Plasti-Dipped it---we're still waiting for pics on it though
    You plug your phone in?
    Jonnie likes this.
    Best to CALL HP and get the SRO (repair order#)
    I used chat twice and BOTH times they failed to get proper work done

I would also suggest posting a note to the screen that the Case has Cracks.

You should be good to go. Make sure you copy the UPS shipping number (or take a pic of the label) of the unit you send back.

HP TOuchpad service: 877-426-3777

Good Luck