Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1126
Like Tree67Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    They aren't sending you a new replacement unit, they are sending you someone else's repaired unit.
    Well no kidding. But that doesn't mean they won't eventually run out of refurbs, which was the point of my statement. It's a legitimate concern.
    Chatted w/ HP online 2 weeks ago..Set up my Touchpad to go in for repair.
    No box or emails for a week.
    I log back in to chat. First HP rep Never submitted repair order for the Cracks.

OK, set up another repair order for the cracks. They assure me it will be fine. I get the box a few days later and send it out.
    Today--- I get back Touchpad with NO Repairs done!! *** !?
    I then call HP center, they said there were NO notes on what to do with the touchpad once it was at Repair Center.. JEEEZ! What is HP repair doing in Texas??

HP (call) are now sending another box to send in for repair. IF this ever gets fixed, I think it is going straight to Craigslist... Poor Poor Service!
    If you need to send a unit in..DO NOT use chat.
    HP TOuchpad service: 877-426-3777 good luck
    Get off the repair rollercoaster...I did. Got my last repaired. Sold it with the Touchstone dock (Made a little money)....applied the money to the new iPad. I like the webOS, but the lack of support, the poor quality hardware, and my dislike for Android finally got to me.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Anyone know how I kick off the warranty process in the UK - who do I contact?
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
    Get off the repair rollercoaster...I did. Got my last repaired. Sold it with the Touchstone dock (Made a little money)....applied the money to the new iPad. I like the webOS, but the lack of support, the poor quality hardware, and my dislike for Android finally got to me.
    I'm thinking the same thing, get the refub, sell it and put the money towards the ipad 3 - I've resisted apple devices until this point but I bored of hacking things together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
    where did you sell? Ebay, I was think of doing the same

you do you think I could get for a 32 gig, with case and touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
    where did you sell? Ebay, I was think of doing the same

you do you think I could get for a 32 gig, with case and touchstone?
    Probably between $200-$250. I got $220. I paid 149.99 and $30 for Touchstone. So I came out ahead.
    ebay
    Just filed the warranty exchange on mine. I've had it for a total of 30 days since the initial rush of warranty exchanges for various issues like major light bleed, wrong memory size, etc on the batch of 5 that we bought for our company. Of course, mine was the first to crack.

Called HP and they started in on "That's considered a cosmetic defect that wouldn't be covered...." and I had to cut the agent off and tell her that was completely unacceptable, at which point she just jumped right into processing a repair order without even questioning further.

We'll see if it actually gets repaired....
    Has anyone found a good DIY fix for preventing or repairing the cracks? I see some starting on mine and I'd like to slow down the progression as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by woge14 View Post
    Chatted w/ HP online 2 weeks ago..Set up my Touchpad to go in for repair.
    No box or emails for a week.
    I log back in to chat. First HP rep Never submitted repair order for the Cracks.

OK, set up another repair order for the cracks. They assure me it will be fine. I get the box a few days later and send it out.
    Today--- I get back Touchpad with NO Repairs done!! *** !?
    I then call HP center, they said there were NO notes on what to do with the touchpad once it was at Repair Center.. JEEEZ! What is HP repair doing in Texas??

HP (call) are now sending another box to send in for repair. IF this ever gets fixed, I think it is going straight to Craigslist... Poor Poor Service!
    If you need to send a unit in..DO NOT use chat.
    HP TOuchpad service: 877-426-3777 good luck
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. I sent mine in, and two weeks later, I got it back with no repairs done. I called yesterday to restart the process over again. The CSR on the phone told me to just keep the touchpad with the crack since it doesn't affect performance. I told him, eventually it will crack all the way through and then I'll be screwed! Transferred to someone else and they are sending me another box to send it back. After the repairs, I have no choice but to sell it on ebay and find a different tablet.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Has anyone found a good DIY fix for preventing or repairing the cracks? I see some starting on mine and I'd like to slow down the progression as much as possible.
    does anybody know what i can do to fix them cracks / prevent them from getting bigger?
    wow, in Canada they are great
    had it repaired 2x, back with in a week each time
    Just got my 2nd one back in 8 days(each time). This one works and looks great. No it isn't either one of the first 2 I sent back but this one was put together much better.
    Now.....do I keep it or sell.............
    I just recently bought mine on ebay. The seller disclosed that it has a crack. I chose to buy from him BC he was really cool and answered all of my questions.

I then purchased an armor body suit and screen protector. It is also kept in a case.

I did contact HP cs. However, after reading this thread, I think I will just keep it.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy
    Well, I just got mine back after a week and a half. It is the same one I sent in and actually looks brand new now! Im actually very happy with the service.
    I have had a bit of a difficulty with my touchpad repair. I sent it in last tuesday, saturday past I got an email that it was fixed with a tracking number for UPS. It still hasn't shown up at UPS to be sent out, so now on Wednesday the tracking information still reflects that they have not yet gotten the box to send back to me.

I have talked to Hp a few times over the last few days, but they have not been able to get me evidence where it is - just that it will be updated shortly on UPS's site. They have "escalated it," and so on. Today I was told I should check back with UPS and it will be updated in 48 hours time.

I hope I get to see my Touchpad again. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpepin View Post
    I have had a bit of a difficulty with my touchpad repair. I sent it in last tuesday, saturday past I got an email that it was fixed with a tracking number for UPS. It still hasn't shown up at UPS to be sent out, so now on Wednesday the tracking information still reflects that they have not yet gotten the box to send back to me.

I have talked to Hp a few times over the last few days, but they have not been able to get me evidence where it is - just that it will be updated shortly on UPS's site. They have "escalated it," and so on. Today I was told I should check back with UPS and it will be updated in 48 hours time.

I hope I get to see my Touchpad again. :-(
    I wouldn't worry, mine was the same way. I got an email Friday with the tracking number saying it would ship ups next day air. Nothing was ever updated on ups's website, but the touchpad finally showed up today, 5 days later. So much for next day air.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    I wouldn't worry, mine was the same way. I got an email Friday with the tracking number saying it would ship ups next day air. Nothing was ever updated on ups's website, but the touchpad finally showed up today, 5 days later. So much for next day air.
    Yeah, dont worry too much about the shipping. HP shipping info is a bit wonky.
    They sent me my second box for repair last week. I packed the touchpad in it , shipped it out same day. 2 days later I get an email stating that HP is sending me a box to send my unit in. (it was the same ups track# from the box they sent 2 days earlier)

Still waiting on the repairs to be done and shipped back to me though.
    If the casing looks to be the same inferior design as the originals, I will be looking into another brand very soon.

Can anyone confirm if the plastics are different than the originals?? thanks
    I decided to give HP Support a call today. The ONLY option now available is to exchange and/or repair. I made it VERY clear I wanted to repair it and have the original returned to me. I had to talk to his supervisor. I told him if you are using the same materials to replace the backing, I have no reason to send in my TP bc it will just crack again. The supervisor assured me they are using a different material now.

I had the technician place in my report I want the same tp repaired and returned to me. I will also be including a detailed letter with my serial number.

I do have a Armor Screen Protector and Skin on my tp. I will not be taking them off. What's the point??? If they want to take it off, that's up to them.

Ok, so now I need to know how to keep my Dolphin Browser bookmarks AND how to properly remove CM9. Do I use ACMEUninstaller and then the WebOS Doctor ??? I know we've talked about this before, I just can't find the darn post (and I read ALL of them just yesterday!).

I am not worried about my apps. I know I can get all of my apps again (paid and free) since those are connected to my email address/google acount.
    Thank you kindly,
    Rosy