Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've been wondering how much of these cracks might be due to holding the TP one-handed as it will put stress on it, even with a case on it.
    That occurred to me too. Since I'm predominantly right handed, I hold the Touchpad in my left hand, tapping and swiping with my right hand, and it was the left-hand speaker that cracked.

I wonder if left-handed people (who hold the TP in their right hand, tapping with their left) have had their right speaker crack? This might give more credence to the theory.
    I am right handed. I hold the TP, type, and do gestures with my left hand while searching for pron on the internets. My right speaker cracked...
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardWiz View Post
    I am right handed. I hold the TP, type, and do gestures with my left hand while searching for pron on the internets. My right speaker cracked...
    Hmm ok, theory not looking so good...
    My touchpad repair trip

UK -> Hungary

On the way back

Hungary -> Austria -> Germany -> UK

It should be with me by Monday. FREAKING impressive if you think that they picked it up on last Monday !!!!
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 01/28/2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardWiz View Post
    Not gonna lie, I laughed out loud.
    VasTheGreek and tracks914 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    That occurred to me too. Since I'm predominantly right handed, I hold the Touchpad in my left hand, tapping and swiping with my right hand, and it was the left-hand speaker that cracked.

I wonder if left-handed people (who hold the TP in their right hand, tapping with their left) have had their right speaker crack? This might give more credence to the theory.
    interestingly enough, i am left handed and the right is cracked
    Quote Originally Posted by rhermsen View Post
    interestingly enough, i am left handed and the right is cracked
    Maybe we need a poll!
    I have a touchpad for myself. My wife wanted one so i got on craigs list and bought one. It had the crack on it. I called HP and they sent me a box im shipping it back to them and they will fix or give me another one.
    Maybe we need a poll!
    Your wish is my command !!!!

Touchpad case cracked by speaker Poll

Not sure if I can think another option but you can only have 10 !!!
    Happy voting...
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Your wish is my command !!!!

Touchpad case cracked by speaker Poll

Not sure if I can think another option but you can only have 10 !!!
    Happy voting...
    Excellent - voted!
    Excellent - voted!
    That makes us two. Would be nice if all who posted on this forum did vote.
    Let's see...
    Mine was picked up last Friday, delivered repaired today in UK, good service!
    I got mine back today. I need to check if it is the same device. What is annoying is that it left with 3.05 and got back with 3.02. Ok not the end of the world, but a bit annoying since I have to do another update before I install patches etc...

Why can't they use the latest doctor?

Vas
    rosysteasures likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I got mine back today. I need to check if it is the same device. What is annoying is that it left with 3.05 and got back with 3.02. Ok not the end of the world, but a bit annoying since I have to do another update before I install patches etc...

Why can't they use the latest doctor?

Vas
    When it's sent to the repair facility a separate tool is used, let's for the sake of this conversation call it the "super tool." This tool takes longer to get updated to the latest version than it takes for us to release a webOS doctor to the public.

Now one could argue that after the super tool is used that we could just webOS doctor up to the latest version, but that would delay the amount of time it takes to get your device back to you, and we want to ensure that devices are returned back as quickly and efficiently as possible.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    When it's sent to the repair facility a separate tool is used, let's for the sake of this conversation call it the "super tool." This tool takes longer to get updated to the latest version than it takes for us to release a webOS doctor to the public.

Now one could argue that after the super tool is used that we could just webOS doctor up to the latest version, but that would delay the amount of time it takes to get your device back to you, and we want to ensure that devices are returned back as quickly and efficiently as possible.
    Thanks for the clarification. It makes sense. I just wondered what the reason was.

For the record I got my device back Same SN etc
    Vas
    Can somebody post/link to a "how to" for resolving this problem?
    Please don't write "send to hp"
    Quote Originally Posted by wildkun View Post
    Can somebody post/link to a "how to" for resolving this problem?
    Please don't write "send to hp"
    Sorry its not a "send to hp" its a Call HP....

Call HP..... 877-426-3777.

I got a package in the mail the next day to ship mine back, postage paid. Im sending it back tomorrow. Hope it doesn't take too long. Bought it for my wife and she keeps steeling mine. She needs to have her own!!!!
    well I've been holding off on sending mine in because I was afraid if I did I might wind up getting a refurb with other problems, lower cap battery back, etc or that it would just recrack again even if they just put a new back on my TP. It looks like I have no choice now a second crack on my top speaker just went all the way through causing the little plastic piece between the speaker and screen to break off. Now I have a big hole into the side of my touchpad! Arg
    Hello all,

I also noticed this "hairline" fracture by accident this afternoon. I was actually using the Touchpad and the light hit it just right.

I have a different problem. I'm actually an HP employee. I'm trying to find out what in the world they are going to do for us that bought the tablet in the employee only firesale.

Will keep everyone posted.

Cheers
    What seems to be the most common outcome? Repair or replacement?