Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Mine was cracked. I sent it in with an SRO the other day. I got a email from HP saying it's on it way back. I logged into my Palm profile and it no longer shows up. My question is, when I get the device back, what will happen to all my apps?

I also bought the skinomi carbon fiber skin hoping that this does not happen again...
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardWiz View Post
    Mine was cracked. I sent it in with an SRO the other day. I got a email from HP saying it's on it way back. I logged into my Palm profile and it no longer shows up. My question is, when I get the device back, what will happen to all my apps?

I also bought the skinomi carbon fiber skin hoping that this does not happen again...
    When you get it back you will be able to resync all apps and data stored on the Palm servers just fine.

Vas
    I got my TP back today. I am pretty ****ed at HP. Those a-holes had the audacity to send me something that was NOT cracked...
    I got my TP back today. I am pretty ****ed at HP. Those a-holes had the audacity to send me something that was NOT cracked...
    What do you mean ?????
    I have been tracking down the UPS package and they are taking them all the way to Hungary to be repaired !!! At least the ones from the UK and possibly rest of Europe.

Just an interesting information to share.
    Has anyone tried ghost armor for their Touchpad? It's quite pricey, but I'm wondering if the full body protection might help prevent cracking. I've got to arrange to send mine out, the plastic cracked all the way through and can be lifted up on top of my right speaker.

Probably a skinomi or ghost armor will go on it once I get it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Has anyone tried ghost armor for their Touchpad?
    link?
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 01/24/2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    What do you mean ?????
    It was a joke. I was trying to get into the whole complaining concept that appears to be quite pervasive around these parts...

FYI: The ghost armor stuff looks like the same thing as my skinomi carbon fiber that I paid 16.99 for. The skinomi thing took me literally 5 minutes to apply, it was pretty simple, I didn't use the screen protector tho.

Also, anyone who would like a BRAND NEW Skinomi Clear Screen Protector for their TP, I will regrettably let go of mine for the price of $16.99 + s/h...
    How are peoples experiences with sending the TP in to get fixed. Did they scratch it in other places such as the screen while they were fixing it. I'm kind of anal about scratches and I was thinking of putting on a screen protector just to send it in.
    It had a screen protector on when it came back.
    I can not tell you if I got the same one back, all I know is that it is working fine...
    It had a screen protector on when it came back.
    I can not tell you if I got the same one back, all I know is that it is working fine...
    I think you can just check the serial #, if it's the same one, then you got the same one back.
    It was a joke. I was trying to get into the whole complaining concept that appears to be quite pervasive around these parts...

FYI: The ghost armor stuff looks like the same thing as my skinomi carbon fiber that I paid 16.99 for. The skinomi thing took me literally 5 minutes to apply, it was pretty simple, I didn't use the screen protector tho.

Also, anyone who would like a BRAND NEW Skinomi Clear Screen Protector for their TP, I will regrettably let go of mine for the price of $16.99 + s/h...
    I hope that the Skinomi is as easy to apply as you say. I've heard some horror stories of wet installs being ridiculously difficult.

I may try one once I get mine back.
    hmmm mine is also cracked at the exact same spot as the rest.
    from the look of the plastic - it's a type of 'rigid' but brittle type plastic and the weak points are the speaker , usb and the earphone jacks..

Speaker area - vibrations from the speakers, plus weaker area- There is pressure from the glass/rubber seal which presses outwards. If the plastic used was less brittle (even compared to the Palm Pre plastic which was a bit elastic and a bit elastic, it would allow slight stress/stretching marks..but i guess the engineers / or the subcon decided to use this type of plastic; which i think is a bad choice.

Well really no point getting it repaired by HP, knowing the new unit will have the same problem down the road...BUT it shows that either HP or the Palm Engineers or the subcons didn't look closely at product integrity, strength etc (unlike other companies) and just looked at esthetics.. (e.g palm pre plastic stone design).
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Well really no point getting it repaired by HP, knowing the new unit will have the same problem down the road...
    I had the same thought, but if you don't it will only get worse and since they are willing to repair even the firesale products, you should get yours fixed. I am not sure what I will do when it happens again, but maybe a Touchpad 2 will be out (wishful thinking)

Vas
    I've been wondering how much of these cracks might be due to holding the TP one-handed as it will put stress on it, even with a case on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I've been wondering how much of these cracks might be due to holding the TP one-handed as it will put stress on it, even with a case on it.
    Mmmm possibly.... But how can you navigate/use it if you hold it with both hands? One hand is to hold it while the other operates the device right? Isn't that the obvious way to use it? What may be interesting is that I always try to keep my speakers to the top when holding the device.

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Mmmm possibly.... But how can you navigate/use it if you hold it with both hands? One hand is to hold it while the other operates the device right? Isn't that the obvious way to use it? What may be interesting is that I always try to keep my speakers to the top when holding the device.

Vas
    One-handed use vs setting it down to use it. I didn't notice my crack, but can't say it is due to this, after I began holding it with one hand and navigating/using it with the other instead of setting it on my lap or on a table/desk/etc. I think holding it one-handed may be putting stress on the plastic where as setting it on something doesn't. Anyways, it was just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    One-handed use vs setting it down to use it. I didn't notice my crack, but can't say it is due to this, after I began holding it with one hand and navigating/using it with the other instead of setting it on my lap or on a table/desk/etc. I think holding it one-handed may be putting stress on the plastic where as setting it on something doesn't. Anyways, it was just a thought.
    Aha I see what you mean. When I wanna take notes or read a book etc and at home I always rest it on the Touchstone and use the BT keyboard. However on the go I tend to hold it. I will try your suggestion when I get mine back. That may help. Rather annoying tho is that is the case of failure !!!

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I hope that the Skinomi is as easy to apply as you say. I've heard some horror stories of wet installs being ridiculously difficult.

I may try one once I get mine back.
    The techskin part is NOT a wet install.
    It would have taken me less time, but because my girlfriend refused to help me, I had to hold the TP and apply the skin myself. It was surprisingly simple even though it had a sticky glue on it.

The screen protector thing is a wet install, it is exactly like the skinomi screen protector for the Pre. I didn't use the screen protector portion.