Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Called HP the won't take my white to back because it wasn't an officially released product in the us :-(

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
    Where did you buy it from?
    Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Called HP the won't take my white to back because it wasn't an officially released product in the us :-(

They fixed mine. It did not last. It cracked again. I have not called them back was going to wait and see if there was a better fix. I bought mine off ebay as well and there was no issue with warranty. I would call again and see if you could ask them why..... since the product is not a year old, what if you moved here from another country? No global HP support?
    less than 45 days after I got back the repaired TP.
    It's a design flaw, the plastic is too thin. Drop the TP on it's corner and the stress/shock results in an instant case fracture. Superglue fixes it though.
    sucks.. the other day in class.. i was playin on my TP and noticed a crack on my speaker ALSO a light crack from above to below the camera..

T_T i babied my TP too ><
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    It's a design flaw, the plastic is too thin. Drop the TP on it's corner and the stress/shock results in an instant case fracture. Superglue fixes it though.
    I don't think you can call it a design flaw if it cracks from being dropped. If that is the case I have a lot of products in my household that are as you call it...design flaws.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I don't think you can call it a design flaw if it cracks from being dropped. If that is the case I have a lot of products in my household that are as you call it...design flaws.
    I agree 100% however mine and many other ones on here cracked on their own !!! Which is rather weird !!! And when being inside a case and treated with TLC you do expect them to last. I do not know if the noise and vibrations from the speakers have something to do with it, however how come none of the cracks never developed on any of the other corners?

My approach now is not to play any music more than on volume level 1 and will probably apply a Skinomi skin over the case. I think HP only has so many backs spare, so I am not sure if the unit cracks again that they will be able to replace the back again.

Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    I agree 100% however mine and many other ones on here cracked on their own !!! Which is rather weird !!! And when being inside a case and treated with TLC you do expect them to last. I do not know if the noise and vibrations from the speakers have something to do with it, however how come none of the cracks never developed on any of the other corners?

My approach now is not to play any music more than on volume level 1 and will probably apply a Skinomi skin over the case. I think HP only has so many backs spare, so I am not sure if the unit cracks again that they will be able to replace the back again.

Vas
    I've been waiting on an answer in the accessories thread without luck, but does the Skinomi fit under the official case or no?
    The Skinomi skin works fine with the HP case.
    terry
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969tc View Post
    The Skinomi skin works fine with the HP case.
    terry
    Do you have the Carbon Fiber version?
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I've been waiting on an answer in the accessories thread without luck, but does the Skinomi fit under the official case or no?
    I will order one. I haven't got it yet. And also I haven't got my TP back. However it looks good and wraps all the way round the unit !!! Hopefully there will be no more cracks.

vas
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Falling 18 inches from a coffee table on to carpet and cracking the case (as happened to me) is a design flaw without a doubt as it demonstrates the case design/materials are not sufficiently robust for a typical "lounge" environment, which is where many people will use the product.

Simple drop testing would have exposed this flaw, particularly as this exact (mis)handling scenario - falling a short height off a coffee table or sofa - should have been anticipated given the anticipated environment in which a TohchPad would commonly be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post

Vas
    As I said before - the plastic is too thin, not to mention being quite rigid so there is no flexibility. Add stress from a flexing case (either due to shock after dropping from a small but entirely reasonable height or from normal handling) and you will end up with a crack no matter how much TLC is involved.

It's just bad product design, no point denying that.
    I got mine during fire sale and just had a Skinomi carbon fiber skin on (now HP case)it and yes it still cracked and another TP with HP case and no crack. (just saying)
    Chatted with usa online support. Email them a pic. They said it was a "known issue" and would issue a warranty replacement. I am in Canada and turns out no helpy and referred me to a 1-877 number for HP Canada. Same thing. I am getting a warranty replacement.
    *wink
    ACMEUninstaller
    WebOS Doctor
    *wink

Must be common. Its in the exact same place as this one.
    Last edited by Dingchow; 01/21/2012 at 07:31 AM.
    @Dingchow: Exact - exact - same crack as mine. That could be my Touchpad you have there!

A dab of Superglue fixed it up a treat, and as I'm in the UK I'm unlikely to get a warranty replacement, and since it's only a 120 32GB firesale TP it's really not worth the hassle of arranging one, particularly as it's likely to crack again, and again, and again...
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    @Dingchow: Exact - exact - same crack as mine. That could be my Touchpad you have there!

A dab of Superglue fixed it up a treat, and as I'm in the UK I'm unlikely to get a warranty replacement, and since it's only a 120 32GB firesale TP it's really not worth the hassle of arranging one, particularly as it's likely to crack again, and again, and again...
    I got mine during the UK firesale too. I sent them pics. It's covered by warranty. I thought ok it is a hassle to set everything up again, however if it's a free repair why not get it done? I just really hope I get the same unit back.

I may not have my TP for the next 10 years but hey if I have to send it back again and again I probably will until someone else releases TP2 or some other tablet with webOS on it. If you can live without your TP for a week get it repaired.

Vas
    I sent mine back last week, collected by UPS on friday and it was returned on Thursday this week. It was sent to Hungary.
    Serial number is the same also so I guess I got my original unit back and not a replacement.

Great service.

PS - we have 2 T Pads - 1 bought one in firesale in Ireland and the other on recent HP Ebay sale. Crack was in unit bought in Ireland.
    When I was booking the collection by phone I asked about a 3 pin adaptor for the charging cable for the unit bought in the USA and 2 days later it arrive by UPS FOC !
    Last edited by getoffthepot; 01/21/2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: additional comments
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Do you have the Carbon Fiber version?
    yes, the carbon fiber skin works fine.
    terry
    Add me to the crack by the speaker list. I decided to void my warranty and super glue my crack by my right speaker since the piece of plastic was separating and there is no doubt it would have led to it snapping off. It was raised and catching on my clothing. I did this after reading 45 pages of complaints...I didn't want to chance getting tool marks and a shoddy refurb sent back to me with even more problems.

I also chose this route as I am not willing to back up all my email, music and files as well as remove all the patches and homebrew customization of the unit. I also don't want to download and replace all the apps once more either.

It had lived in a sturdy and padded leather case with excellent protection. As well anytime it was transported, the whole shebang was inside another padded case (case within case). I've treated this thing like I would transporting Nitroglycerin...

Still love webOS but, "Son, I am disappoint!" Glad I didn't buy these TouchPads for friends and family now considering the build faults.