Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1126
Like Tree67Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    Did you notice on you charge card if they actually took the money? when I checked my account there was a charge. In the email they said they would only hold the money not charge my card.... should i call them back?
    Most likely it will show as a charge even though it is a hold, it's the way the CC company will show it until the hold is released. You can always call, but it sounds about right to me.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  2. #62  
    ***!!!!!!!! HP what kind of garbage are you producing is it that hard to use aluminum or something sturdier? I returned my touchpad today for this very issue to best buy had a big crack right next to the speaker. I just exchanged it for a 32gig I had a 16 gig. I hope it doesn't crack!!!!!
  3. moegumby's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    #63  
    This will continue to happen on the exchanged Touchpads also. This is a clear engineering defect, The effected area is paper thin plastic, the slitest squeeze in the speaker area and wella, crack, case or no case. Mabye they will give you a free bumper like Apple did the Iphone 4 so you can cover up the cracks so you don't have to look at them. I was told they would look into it and if needed make changes to the manufacturing process. But this does nothing for all of you stuck with defective product and future defective replacements, Trust me, that replacement Touchpad will be cracked in a month too.
  4. #64  
    then I will return mine and get one when they are fixed
  5. #65  
    Received my replacement today, though initially not supportive eventually they went out of their way by replacing mine with 32gb instead of 16gb. Happy overall. Seriously considering HP care pack.
  6. shrxwin's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    #66  
    the assumption that any replacement would result in the same problem is what had me keep my original Pre+ in spite of it's multiple hardware issues - they were known issues while any replacement might show up with the issues i wasn't having - so better the known than unknown.

    since it's still so early in the TouchPad's life, I might wait a little longer to see what other problems show up and decide whether it's worth the risk to swap devices...

    thanks to those of you who reported in on how things went! at least now I know there will be options!
  7. #67  
    I mean my crack is soooo small I didn't even notice it, until I was cleaning the back to put a protective skin on in. BUT... I paid good money and I don't want a freekin crack in it!!!

    At first the guy was saying they would have to look into the crack and determine if it was caused by misuse.. I was about to flip! but he figured it out and my new on is on the way..


    Do you guys know if the apps I purchased on the TP will transfer to the new one??
  8. #68  
    OK, got my replacement, its REFURBISHED!! dammit! I specifically asked if it would be new and he told me it would be!! I'm so upset!
  9. #69  
    that's so wrong. demand a new one.

    did they deliver it in a new box with upc? probably not but if they did guess you could use that box to return it to where you originally bought it and get a new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    OK, got my replacement, its REFURBISHED!! dammit! I specifically asked if it would be new and he told me it would be!! I'm so upset!
  10. #70  
    understandable concerns...Tablets and Smartphones should look as good as they function...the old days of leaving the cover off of our desktop computers are gone...in fact it was considered cool in the late 90's...Elegant Electronics is the in thing and should be expected
  11. #71  
    Add mine to the cracked list. No reason to exchange these though, they're all going to crack in the same place.
  12. #72  
    was thinking too... if you exchange, you're just gonna get another with the same design flaw and it'll crack eventually too. (edit... thinking about it and i rather exchange while new and get a new one and hope for the best then if i need to get a refurb later then so be it)

    the thing is to let hp know so that they can make the change and fix it... then near the end of warranty have them exchange it... refurb but new case and you want it so that it has good resale value. cause who wants to buy a used tp with a crack?

    Quote Originally Posted by rono cluck View Post
    Add mine to the cracked list. No reason to exchange these though, they're all going to crack in the same place.
    Last edited by donm527; 07/20/2011 at 02:17 PM.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    that's so wrong. demand a new one.

    did they deliver it in a new box with upc? probably not but if they did guess you could use that box to return it to where you originally bought it and get a new one.
    Nope, just in a regular box, and I called and spoke with the manager. She said they DONT send out new ones?? AND the refurbed one has scratches!!!!!! soooooooo I have to send that one back and get another refurb to witch she said she will make SURE they check it and send me one that is LIKE NEW? OMFG!
  14. #74  
    maybe the place you bought it will take it back with the upc missing from the box? if you call them and have them process the exchange, i bet they'll just check the tp is good and see the box cut they'll just ignore it.

    they call you up you can tell you used the upc for the rebate and didnt think it made a difference. worse they could do is send it back eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    Nope, just in a regular box, and I called and spoke with the manager. She said they DONT send out new ones?? AND the refurbed one has scratches!!!!!! soooooooo I have to send that one back and get another refurb to witch she said she will make SURE they check it and send me one that is LIKE NEW? OMFG!
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    maybe the place you bought it will take it back with the upc missing from the box? if you call them and have them process the exchange, i bet they'll just check the tp is good and see the box cut they'll just ignore it.

    they call you up you can tell you used the upc for the rebate and didnt think it made a difference. worse they could do is send it back eh?
    Ya, I just sent Amazon an email. I hope they will take it back without the UPC, I did make a copy so, we will see. I was so anxious to get my $50 bucks and now its kickin me in the ***!! I know if I had it Amazon would exchange for new with no problem.
  16. #76  
    Just checked my UK TP no cracks as yet, was only purchased yesterday, though did notice a couple of small dents near the left speaker, like dirt was in the mould :-( but not as noticeable as the mark in my Xooms soft touch enclosure, just a side not my iPad had no defects though obv it and the Xoom are long sold!

    Remember this is a first gen device, I know no excuse, but lessons will be learned eg pre < pre+ < Pre 2 talking of which my Pre2 should arrive tomorrow :-)
  17. #77  
    Checked mine just for fun, no cracks after 2 weeks of heavy use.
  18. #78  
    Mine has a small crack on the right side of the right speaker. I've had the case on it from day one and it's only traveled a few times in a laptop bag and once in an overnight back inbetween some cloths.

    I have no idea when the crack started, so I don't know if it was one of the times it traveled with me, or if it just started randomly. Either way, it sucks!

    I'm not going to ask for a replacement at this point, because the new one would end up doing the exact same thing. There needs to be a change in the design or manufacturing process to correct the flaw before I'll send for a new one. I'll wait a bit to see if something is changed and then consider sending for a new one.

    -Skippy
  19. #79  
    the only advantage in swapping it now is that you are still within your store warranty and get a new one... and you hope it doesnt crack. if it does then you use your factory warranty... but it will be a refurb. i personally hate refurbs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Mine has a small crack on the right side of the right speaker. I've had the case on it from day one and it's only traveled a few times in a laptop bag and once in an overnight back inbetween some cloths.

    I have no idea when the crack started, so I don't know if it was one of the times it traveled with me, or if it just started randomly. Either way, it sucks!

    I'm not going to ask for a replacement at this point, because the new one would end up doing the exact same thing. There needs to be a change in the design or manufacturing process to correct the flaw before I'll send for a new one. I'll wait a bit to see if something is changed and then consider sending for a new one.

    -Skippy
    Last edited by donm527; 07/20/2011 at 02:36 PM.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    mine as well no cracks, though I agree with a few post before every device, or product you get have defects nothing is perfect. If you dont believe me go check out the Apple site about the Ipad 1 and 2 (2 even worse then 1). With screen seperating from the bottom of the device where the button is on almost all the people that posted about that issue. Second the light bleeding (ipad 2 awhole lot), also constant freezes, so we are not alone at all.
    Just like your mother used to say, just because everyone else is doing it, that doesn't make it OK. This is not OK.
    Touchscreens are a fad.

Posting Permissions