Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi globex , I gently pushed a thin sowing needle to open the crack a little, then used superglue seems to be holding OK, ;-)
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dagnabit1 View Post
    Hi globex , I gently pushed a thin sowing needle to open the crack a little, then used superglue seems to be holding OK, ;-)
    Haha, that seems to be going into the direction of making it bigger...
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I fixed one for a friend and what I did was took a soldering iron and gently melted the crack back together, then used black epoxy too smooth it out.

Tapatalkin' from my eclipsed DROIDX2
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    All 3 of my TPs have speaker cracks. I have been able to keep them from getting worse by covering them with clear packing tape and then cutting out the speaker hole with a sharp knife.
    I have cracks near the speaker, USB port and the headphone plugin
    Quote Originally Posted by billybongo View Post
    I have cracks near the speaker, USB port and the headphone plugin
    Damn. Did it throw it down a flight of stairs? lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Add me to the growing list of cracks by the speaker port. -_-

Think I'll just super glue it.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I just superglued mine the other day. It's a lot better looking than having a huge piece looking like it was going to fall off.
    Well I've developed the crack again on my second TP... I have now sent this second one back to HP for replacement. I thought about gluing it in both cases but found that the screen in that area was raised as well. I was concerned that the screen would begin to push up as well. Oh, and that glue would void the warranty
    Count me in for a crack near the headphone jack... Does warranty cover that?
    crack on a replacement unit, on the speaker, I wonder when they will have another manufacturing run of making the covers as clearly they must be going through all there spares, I hope they make them better
    I doubt they would spend any resource on a dead ended product. HP was wise to get rip of them, fast! This must be a new low for HP if their consumer laptops aren't bad enough. Their engineers have outdone themselves again. Bravo!
    Took 15 days total for cracked case repair, but I didn't get my original TP back.

Different serial#, 3.02 installed, not 3.04.

Visually, it seems acceptable, hope when I take it through its paces, it meets my expectations.

oh well
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Add me to the list with a crack at left speaker, from speaker to screen. No idea how it got there as I baby it. Really don't want to part with it so going to use glue.

Just wanted to add myself to the list of TP owners who love their tablet but are disappointed with this disappointing hardware issue.
    I just curious. To whom have crack on speakers. Do you use case such as HP folio case or others for your TP? Do you usually hold your TP at speakers side? Mine so far so good. But since day 1 I put on HP folio case and I never put it off. And I usually avoid to hold TP at speakers side.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I just curious. To whom have crack on speakers. Do you use case such as HP folio case or others for your TP? Do you usually hold your TP at speakers side? Mine so far so good. But since day 1 I put on HP folio case and I never put it off. And I usually avoid to hold TP at speakers side.
    it has nothing to do with the case, or the way you are holding it. The plastic is bad in those areas, period. If you mistreat it, it will break faster. If you care for it, it might not break. And sending it for repair does not mean it won't happen again.

p.s. If anyone of you bought the tablet online from EU, and hp declines to reimburse shipping costs for repair, contact the seller company (not for ebay purchases). He is obliged by the directives of ECC-net to repair the defect without any costs for the customer.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm newly registered here, but I've followed this forum for a while. I thought I should post my own experience with cracks. After reading all the comments on cracking problems, I was very hesitant to buy a Touchpad. Well, I did. A month ago I bought a new in the box white 64gb pad, and at that time it had no cracks. I even looked under a loupe. Due to this known issue, I treated my HP like it was a faberge egg. I carried it as if it was a newborn child. Two days ago, while my Touchpad was sitting on it's Touchstone charger, I heard an audible pop. I thought, it couldn't be. Sure enough, a crack by the speaker. I can only conclude that these cases are under some sort of stress and are bound to find a way to relieve the stress through the weakest link on the case. So, I have a crack. I wonder though, why the speaker side mostly and not the other side which also has slots cutout in the case for volume and a blank?

Still, I really love my touchpad and if the self cracking remains in check, I'll keep it as is. Too bad really, a super product with poor implementation. I also kept it in a folio case and another hard shell leather outer case to no avail.

Larry
    Mine has cracked near the speaker all the way to the glass and I can lift up the piece of plastic. The question I am wrestling with is whether I should glue it or send in for repair. I definitely want my unit back as it is in perfect conditiona and works great. I would be disappointed if it was swapt for another unit.

Thoughts?
    Just got my Touchpad back from crack speaker repair. Looks like a refurb unit. When gluing the rubber boarder around the screen, someone didn't make sure it was flat in 2 spots. Slightly raised. What would you do?
    Just to say, mine went into be repaired for the cracks and came back yesterday (7 days away) MUCH better than when it left.

Crack is fixed, volume rocker that used to be a bit loose and rattle a little is firm and feels much better, screen surround etc all perfect.