877-426-3777

Mon. Fri. 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PT
    Sat Sun. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
    Our current hours of operation are

Monday - Friday 6:00am - 8:00pm PST

You can find support options available here
    Palm Support : TouchPad (Wi-Fi) -
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by lu1gj3s View Post
    You will get the one back that you send in though, I wouldn't wait til a week before end of warranty...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Refurb or repaired unit, I'm still worried about getting it back in worse condition than when it was sent in. Since I use the touchpad all day right now, I'll wait until I get "bored" of it before sending it in. I've got other tablets to work with, but I really don't want to part with the Touchpad =)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    My original launch day touchpad which I babied since day one got I returned and exchanged for the one I have now. This one as I've reported now has a crack by the headphone jack. Now I don't baby it and its still the same. I suppose I will live with it as long as another crack does not develop.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    From my experience, I can tell you that I had a crack on my screen and HP replaced it for free. Crack literally happened over a week from what I thought was a scratch at first. Never dropped, always babied.

Granted, HP tried to tell me it was my fault but after calling in and talking for 30 mins, I got it down to free. It went from $200 to $50 to free essentially.

I honestly was fine paying $50 but then the point came up that if I pay $50 now, and it happens again, will I be covered? The answer was no so I kept asking to talk to the "technician that diagnosed the issue" but apparently customers are not allowed to talk to them.

I guess the moral of the story is just be persistent and polite. I found asking the people on the phone questions helped them understand my point of view. Either that, or I just wore them out with politeness. If you curse or yell, they can and will hang up on you.
    Count another cracked TP here. Has been in the case since Day 1 and babied.
    And another set, one above and on the left side of each speaker all the way to the screen. Just appeared overnight, I don't think I've done anything to cause it but who knows. Again always kept in a case and never play music.
    Wow, am I glad I took photos and contacted support for a repair/return order earlier today... My Touchpad had a t-shaped crack near the lower screen that developed over the last week. Only yesterday did it expand beyond hairline, but just a few minutes ago, I set the thing down on my countertop at an angle, and the screen cracked, with two points directly across from the speaker corners adjacent to the crack. I freaked the heck out, and contacted support again, and fortunately, I have a record of their support guy saying they will fix that, too. Thank god!
    Have the cracks reappeared on the TPs of those of you who sent them in?

If the repaired units are as prone to the cracks as those originally bought, I might as well live with the ones mine has now and not risk getting my unit back in worse condition.
    Well... on my repaired unit I discovered a hairline at the left speaker yesterday :/
    Odd. My two TP's are about 2-3 months old and no cracks still. I even dropped one on the pavement--although, it was in the folio case. No cracks or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ribeyesteaks View Post
    Odd. My two TP's are about 2-3 months old and no cracks still. I even dropped one on the pavement--although, it was in the folio case. No cracks or anything.
    Maybe the trick is to be super-rough and it won't crack? LOL. i don't think I could have babied mine anymore than I had and it still developed a crack - but I use my touchpad all day, so maybe it's just the amount of use... either way, the case SHOULDN'T BE CRACKING!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    I had the crack around one of the speakers. Since cracks usually get worse over time I returned it under warranty. I got a refurb back with a screen with backlight bleed on the lower left. The screen on my cracked unit was perfect. Wish I had just superglued the cracked case. Given the poor quality control, the original prices of these units was absurd. Fortunately, I got mine at the fire sale price and that's about all they are worth in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic_ranger View Post
    I had the crack around one of the speakers. Since cracks usually get worse over time I returned it under warranty. I got a refurb back with a screen with backlight bleed on the lower left. The screen on my cracked unit was perfect. Wish I had just superglued the cracked case. Given the poor quality control, the original prices of these units was absurd. Fortunately, I got mine at the fire sale price and that's about all they are worth in my opinion.
    If you have read through this thread, a few have had issues with refurbs and others, myself included have specifically asked to have their units repaired instead of a refurb being sent.

By default they may just prefer to just send out a refurb right away as opposed to making the customer wait for their original unit to be disassembled and repaired.

Problem is you just do not know what you are going to get with a refurb if your original unit has no odd issues to begin with.

You can tell them on the phone that you want your unit original unit REPAIRED and do NOT want a refurb.

As far as quality control, we are mostly going to hear from the people with problems here. I have plenty of friends with TP's that have no cracks and no issues with 3.0.4, even though I have both

Don't worry, there are tons of forum posts about iPad quality issues as well.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Count another cracked TP here. Has been in the case since Day 1 and babied.
    +1 ... From the box to the HP case, and 2 days after it was cracked :'( ... I think I'll try the super glue
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    +1 ... From the box to the HP case, and 2 days after it was cracked :'( ... I think I'll try the super glue
    Um, that may void your warranty and if it hasn't already, will crack all the way to the screen.

Call them and tell them you want it REPAIRED. Not a refurb. You want your original unit back with a new case installed.

They are well aware of this defect and you will get your unit back in a week or so with a new case on it.

877-426-3777

You can find Touchpad support here:
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer-X View Post
    Um, that may void your warranty and if it hasn't already, will crack all the way to the screen.

Call them and tell them you want it REPAIRED. Not a refurb. You want your original unit back with a new case installed.

They are well aware of this defect and you will get your unit back in a week or so with a new case on it.

877-426-3777

You can find Touchpad support here:
    The thing is that I bought on eBay, and had it sent to Belgium (where I live). Do you think I could still call the Europe number, though it was bought on eBay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Letijr View Post
    The thing is that I bought on eBay, and had it sent to Belgium (where I live). Do you think I could still call the Europe number, though it was bought on eBay?
    My understanding is that if it was new, when you turn it on and register the device, that is when your warranty starts.

As far as the device switching countries, I am not sure. I know there was a thread on slickdeals.net where HP warrantied Canada units for US citizens as they were purchased from US based company NCIX.

I would just call the Europe number and ask. They should be able to answer that for you.

Here is the Belgium phone contact page:
    http://www8.hp.com/be/fr/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Unfortunately I am not seeing the TP listed as a device on the left side as I do on the US phone support site.
    Last edited by Racer-X; 11/09/2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    i have the speaker crack too. i just used some superglue to glue it back together. i rarely use the speakers anyway, so i'm not that worried about it. besides that, i've had no other cracks or issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilcyber View Post
    Have the cracks reappeared on the TPs of those of you who sent them in?

If the repaired units are as prone to the cracks as those originally bought, I might as well live with the ones mine has now and not risk getting my unit back in worse condition.

Yup, this time by USB port
    JAD914 likes this.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I just joined the list of people who have noticed a crack near the TP's speaker.

Any tips on making sure it doesn't get worse?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to: