Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    cracks appeared on mine too. Seems like I just checked yesterday and they grew overnight!
    When I get it back from HP, maybe I'll glue some slivers of black plastic over those two areas to make it stronger.
    I really hope something good happens w webOS, so we can use it on the rocking hardware it deserve
    I don't have any cracks yet but I was thinking maybe someone should start a new thread for a poll for those who do. And maybe show pictures of the cracks. This thread has grown to 31 pages now and that is incredible. It may help get HP to listen and do something about it. [Probably not]. But a poll and brief description could help.
    If this has been discussed before, sorry, I'm drinking some bad coffee and trying to filter thru THIRTY ONE pages of CRACKS is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    I don't have any cracks yet but I was thinking maybe someone should start a new thread for a poll for those who do. And maybe show pictures of the cracks. This thread has grown to 31 pages now and that is incredible. It may help get HP to listen and do something about it. [Probably not]. But a poll and brief description could help.
    If this has been discussed before, sorry, I'm drinking some bad coffee and trying to filter thru THIRTY ONE pages of CRACKS is crazy.
    yes we need ANOTHER poll thread lol.
    great idea!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So my touchpad finally got two cracks by the speakers. I don't really wanna hassle with sending it back or getting a refurb. Would tack glue work if I used a toothpick to apply it? The cracks go from speaker to screen.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Mine had a hairline crack that today cracked right to the screen and the strip is about to break off all the way!! UGH!!!
    Both mine and my wife's have very small cracks near the left speaker. Both Touchpads have been in a HP case since before they were even turned on.
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Gah, I have just developed the crack! (by the left speaker all the way to the screen) - what is the considered view on what is the best to do? Glue?

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    I just found a crack on my touchpad as well, seems to have appeared by magic overnight as it wasn't there last night (I inspect it every night, I know, how sad).

Anyway, called the number for hp webos products uk (020 7660 0950 if anyone needs to know) and it seems to be a third party looking after customer service (www.next.com.ar, thought it were dodgy at first lol) and I was given a reference number and e-mail address and was told to send an e-mail with pictures of the crack.

The touchpad should be collected by them, fixed and then returned.

I asked what the reason for cracking was, and they told me it was due to the manufacturing process and the materials used. So I asked if it would happen again with the new case, and it shouldn't as they've changed the manufacturing process and material used. It still has the glossy back unfortunately, I asked if they could do me a soft grip back, but to no avail lol...

Anyway, hope this helps someone else as the case itself seems to be the problem, so instead of fixing it yourself, just send it in...

Ps, I've been using the official case for it since I got the touchpad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
    OH NO!!!
    Just noticed a crack in my TP from the right hand speaker to the screen. Not been abused or dropped (well, minor chucking onto soft surfaces) or anything like that... Had a Skinomi skin on it for the last month or so too. Certainly wasn't there a few days ago and I've been playing with my new 4S over the weekend.

Bah!

Might send it in if lu1gj3s' thing is legit...

EDIT: and so it is!

I'm going to try their live chat first, though.

EDIT 2:
    Bah, the live chat guy couldn't really offer any help. So I've just got to live with it for a while, and see if it gets any worse. I've looked very closely at it now, and it does appear to be bulging out a little bit now...
    So, I guess, fingers crossed it gets worse? :P
    Last edited by johnbob; 10/18/2011 at 08:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    It doesn't have to be a major crack, mine is a hairline crack of about 10mm long, hardly noticeable.

However, a very strange thing happened. About 2 hours after my post on here I received an email from noreply@hpwebos.com with someone else's name and reference number? So I called, and they said it was done by mistake, and I asked if my reference number and name had been sent to the other person, but the guy said it had not... And I also never received my case number by email...

Not a good start when I was already wary, they'll be picking up in 1 or 2 days, and it should take 7-10 days to be back with me.

So now I've got a repair ref number starting with S1... Can anyone confirm if this is defo going to hp? Ip address of sender is 66.54.36.32. I'm assuming this is all legit, but my touchpad is very dear to me as I will never be able to replace it...

Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
    My Ref number also started with S1-...
    I'm new to TP ownership (no cracks yet) but I've glued a lot of different materials together in the past. I would suggest that if you plan to do a DIY repair of a cracked case, you should probably use epoxy and a very small, disposable paintbrush to apply it. Epoxy bonds with almost everything (that's why you have to mix it yourself) and most of the brands I've used dry clear or at least translucent. Personally, I'd just send it back though.
    Quote Originally Posted by happynoodleboy View Post
    I have had my touchpad since launch day and I noticed today that the case is is cracked by the speaker. I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue? I know it's a minor problem and I could probably fix it myself but for the $600 I paid I plan on exchanging it for another. Other than this it love the touchpad so far. Has anybody tried the case yet and if so what do they think about it? Thanks.
    Me too lol, damn bad material
    Anyone know the contact email for US customers? Mine started developing a crack as well.
    I just contacted support and they are having me send it in to be repaired.
    Mine just got the speaker crack, sob. Just a month old, always used a leather slip on case when moving , always gentile when handling it. I hate to send it back for repair but I guess I gotta. Years, years ago I always used HP calculaters, they could take such abuse ! Plastic never cracked, made of some super tough material. Hard to believe this is the same company

i
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    Mine got collected today (uk), after my phone call yesterday, by ups. Very quick, only thing though, its going to Hungary! Lol. Hope to have it back soon, already miss it. Btw, ups driver will have a box to put it in, so no need to package it yourself.

Fingers crossed

Mine got cracked .. gone to Hungary and back today..I have updated it to 3.0.4.77..Tried youtube videos and realized the speaker quality is crap..looks like the case replacement has damaged the speaker.Anyone else has this issue.. I tried talking to HP but no customer support now @10pm.. Need to talk to them tomorrow.. but not sure what they will say..please advise..
    Just wanted to add that I had my crack repaired by HP. Turn around time was slightly over a week. Looks fine now, but since its a design defect, one can only guess when the deformation might appear again.

HP's CS was very good. They will send you a overnight box with shipping label within a couple days of contacting them, and will be returned via overnight service. All in all, relatively painless service, withholding the fact that I had to do a wipe. Luckily, apps do get re-installed automatically.

P.S.

Can someone shoot me the links to do all the preware steps all over again??
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I was hesitant to send mine out, since a bit of super glue seems to doing the trick (and I'm addicted to this silly machine lol). I suppose I can do without it for a week or so and hopefully the repaired version will last longer.
    The HP online chat service was really quick and the shipping box arrived in a few days.