715 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    no cracks on my TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Same here <fingers crossed> <knock on wood> <etc., etc., etc.>
    Wait !!!!!!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    e-mail CEO of HP as I did. was contacted by HP rep, told to return unit to store purchesed from. I have a case number and was told if not replaced at store HP would send a new one. He also stated that the defect (sent pictures) was sent to their engineering team for them to take a look at. I recommend contacting HP even if you return it to store. Make them aware.
    kchan283 likes this.
    mine as well no cracks, though I agree with a few post before every device, or product you get have defects nothing is perfect. If you dont believe me go check out the Apple site about the Ipad 1 and 2 (2 even worse then 1). With screen seperating from the bottom of the device where the button is on almost all the people that posted about that issue. Second the light bleeding (ipad 2 awhole lot), also constant freezes, so we are not alone at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    mine as well no cracks, though I agree with a few post before every device, or product you get have defects nothing is perfect. If you dont believe me go check out the Apple site about the Ipad 1 and 2 (2 even worse then 1). With screen seperating from the bottom of the device where the button is on almost all the people that posted about that issue. Second the light bleeding (ipad 2 awhole lot), also constant freezes, so we are not alone at all.
    THIS ^^!!!

But you know, it's OK when Apple has defects and doesn't mean their products aren't perfect at all.
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    THIS ^^!!!

But you know, it's OK when Apple has defects and doesn't mean their products aren't perfect at all.
    You both are right but the TP has the crappiest outer shell of all tablets on the market. I went to BB today to look at one and that one was cracked as well.
    No cracks. Have mine in a Griffin Folio case. Waiting for more third party cases. Come on Vajacases.com!!
    i think you have been the only one to mention which side and i wonder if everyone is consistently getting the crack on the right side speaker?

if it varies then could point to a weakness across the area... if consistently on one side... then manufacturing process causing the issue? or some pressure that's being put on that side?

Quote Originally Posted by boret View Post
    I picked my up and lo & behold their was a crack at the plastic next to the right speaker between the speaker and the glass. As I read thru these posts it seems sort of obvious that there is a weak spot right there. I purchased my TP from BB & will try to take it back to them. As information I am also a big palm/webos fan and have purchased 2 of the pre+, pixi for my wife, then a pre 2. I really want for my pre 2 get the update, the TP needs to have what it was promised to have (& oh yeah where is the break we are getting for sticking with palm/hp). Ok - venting complete, there are definitely some awesome things, but even tho I try to sell these because I believe they can be the best, HP needs to make a much bigger effort to sell them, and follow through on what they say they can do.
    I have cracks on both speakers already along with the up volume button no longer working. The crack on the speaker near the headphone jack is the worse of the two if that matters to anyone. I called HP tech support and they are sending me a replacement. I'm bummed out because I have a feeling this is going to happen with the replacement since I think this is either a design flaw or a manufacturing issue. I feel like I am both a software and hardware beta tester for HP right now. At least HP acknowledged to me that this is a known issue.
    Last edited by jrad012x; 07/16/2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Based on the 2 photos provided in this thread I'm not worried about this (see my previous comment too).
    NNJ
    Still no proper response from hp support.
    I also have a crack on my bottom right (top left) speaker. I am DEVASTATED!! I wanted this to be the BEST! oh well. I contacted chat support on my TP and they said I have to call for return, so I will do that in the morning.
    BUT..
    I don't have the original UPC since I sent it to HP for my $50 rebate... UGH! We will see what they have to say about that!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    I also have a crack on my bottom right (top left) speaker. I am DEVASTATED!! I wanted this to be the BEST! oh well. I contacted chat support on my TP and they said I have to call for return, so I will do that in the morning.
    BUT..
    I don't have the original UPC since I sent it to HP for my $50 rebate... UGH! We will see what they have to say about that!

Let us know, I think I will be ordering skinomi for both Veers and the TP regardless. Getting ready to do the $50 rebate tomorrow for the TP, would be nice to know what they say.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Ok, so I called Web OS Support at 1877-426-3777 and told him the case was cracked. He first told me to return it to Amazon, (witch I would do b/c I know they will exchange with no problems) BUT I don't have the UPC.

After explaining this to the CS rep he put me on hold and when he came back he said he would send me an advance exchange option and placed a hold on my CC of $365. I just got an email with instructions on returning my tablet to HP.

So they will send a NEW(yes I confirmed) tablet in the next few days and a pre paid return label for my cracked tablet back to them, I have 15 days to do that. When they get it then they lift the hold off my CC.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I just did the same thing. They're sending me a new one and a prepaid return label. Had to give them my credit card though. Hopefully I don't have to return the charger so I can have an extra :-)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have the same problem with my TP. Just called HP they said they will send me a new one but they will have to put a $360 hold on my credit card and it will be cleared once I send back the cracked tp.
    phsmithgb likes this.
    Has anyone determined when the cracks are occuring? Is the crack evident immediately or is it happening over time?

I did not notice mine until I read about them. I do not know if it was fine when I received it and then cracked as I used it.

The reason I ask - I am wondering if I return mine, is it possibly going to without the cracks and then crack over time again.

Just curious...
    WOW... I feel like I have read these posts somewhere before...

Or at least very similar ones.

Looks like HP might go down the same road as Palm.

Not looking good for them!

And yes I still have my day one Pre- and yes the usb crack has traveled down the side of the screen. Luckily not effecting the usage of touch screen.

Probably won't be getting a TP but that is ok because we can't get Pre 3 either and I was only going to buy if I could buy both and use together.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnao05 View Post
    I just did the same thing. They're sending me a new one and a prepaid return label. Had to give them my credit card though. Hopefully I don't have to return the charger so I can have an extra :-)
    Did you notice on you charge card if they actually took the money? when I checked my account there was a charge. In the email they said they would only hold the money not charge my card.... should i call them back?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    Did you notice on you charge card if they actually took the money? when I checked my account there was a charge. In the email they said they would only hold the money not charge my card.... should i call them back?
    I probably won't know until tomorrow because my CC company posts transactions rather slowly. The only way I would worry about this is if you used a check card where the money is deducted from your checking account. If you used a regular credit card, they're holding the bank's money, not yours. Who cares? Let em have it :-)
    Palm had the same system for exchanges and I never had an issue.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 07/20/2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    kchan283 likes this.