Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandslondon View Post
    Well just for balance I dropped my touchpad on day one of opening it (it's always the way, isn' it). Onto oak flooring in my front room (off the table so 3 feet?). Anyway just checked carefully after reading this thread, and there are no cracks anywhere.

So maybe it's to do with heat or something that makes the plastic expand and crack at stress points? I'm in the UK so not too hot here....but maybe some of you live in hot places?
    I lived in Marbella... hot enough for you? There seems to be very few Touchpads in this area.
    (not very HP computers, for that matter)
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 09/24/2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Have not experienced this yet at all and have had three different TouchPads. Watch now that I said that my new one is going to have cracks, even though I just checked it a minute ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MUNOGABBAGABBA; 09/23/2011 at 03:17 AM.
    I examined my TP closely under a light and found no cracks. Have had it for several weeks now, always in the HP folio case.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I found I have two cracks heading towards the screen from the speaker, if they both reach the screen the bit of plastic in between will break off. I phones HP (UK) and was asked to send a picture to them and they will get back to me.

Keep you posted on how I get on
    Man it finally happened to mine. * Lower left by the speaker. * Darn, not dropped at all. * *

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Just as I contacted the (German) customer support and my TP will get picked up next week the one crack made it's way all the way to the display...
    The women who was assigned to my case didn't know why this happens (actually she told me that she and her crew isn't well informed on that matter and therefore she would only speculate/lie if she said something) and couldn't tell me if it would happen again but apparently the "cracked"-case issue isn't rare. She suggested everyone who has a crack should contact the HP support. (I said that it seems there are some people on the internet who also have cracks and don't know if they should contact the support)

For those wondering what a complete crack looks like... it took the crack maybe half a week from me noticing it to reaching the display. My other crack on the other hand didn't change at all (from what I can tell).

Actually I'm surprised how thick the plastic actually is. I imagined it being quite thinner.

Greetings,
    pisto
    Attached Images Attached Images
    how long did it take you guys to receive your replacement touchpad?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

anybody knows what i must do to get a replacment which stays crackless for at least 2 years ?
    Since the majority doesn't have problems with cracks you could just contact the customer support and they will most certainly repair your Touchpad or send you a replacement.
    That TP should have a high chance of being and staying crack free ^^
    Yep just got my crack. Sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    Click to view quoted image

anybody knows what i must do to get a replacment which stays crackless for at least 2 years ?
    Yes whenever you have HP send you another one leave it in the box for two years and you should be fine.
    I just bought a firesale Touchpad and was wondering if I should expect cracks or not :s
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<Threads Merged>>
    What did this thread merge with?

I think the title of the current thread "cracked by speaker"
    is somewhat misleading. Shouldn't it be "cracks near
    the speaker" ???

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $is$ $no$ $proof$ $that$ $the$ $cracks$ $are$ $caused$ $by$
    the speaker.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I just checked mine last night and sure enough I have two cracks around the top speaker. One is 3/4ths the way to the screen and the other is 3-4 mm. Got bigger over night. Been in a case the whole time...

I'm thinking of just waiting to see what happens. For those who used glue, doesn't that void whatever warranty you have? Has anyone noticed cracks forming after using glue?

my opinion, there is a fundamental design flaw causing the cracks. HP knows this and it was a factor in their decision to drop the tablet.

if I wait to call until next year right before the warranty expires, don't I run the risk of them simply not having replacement parts? I'm thinking HP will start telling customers they are screwed at some point down the road...
    Quote Originally Posted by novatian View Post
    I just checked mine last night and sure enough I have two cracks around the top speaker. One is 3/4ths the way to the screen and the other is 3-4 mm. Got bigger over night. Been in a case the whole time...

I'm thinking of just waiting to see what happens. For those who used glue, doesn't that void whatever warranty you have? Has anyone noticed cracks forming after using glue?
    How long have you been using your TP? Is it the 16 or 32GB model?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi, Could use some advice. I have a 32GB TP that has several issues. I have a dead pixel, the back light leaves 3 streaks from the bottom toward the top when the screen is dark, not really an issue but I'm concerned this might get worse and I've also got the speaker crack problem. This Touchpad is only 2 weeks old. I called HP and they will fix the crack under warranty, but told me they'd only leave a notation regarding the other problems.
    So, my question is how could I get HP to fix the other 2 issues? Are they covered under HP's warranty? Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_T View Post
    Hi, Could use some advice. I have a 32GB TP that has several issues. I have a dead pixel, the back light leaves 3 streaks from the bottom toward the top when the screen is dark, not really an issue but I'm concerned this might get worse and I've also got the speaker crack problem. This Touchpad is only 2 weeks old. I called HP and they will fix the crack under warranty, but told me they'd only leave a notation regarding the other problems.
    So, my question is how could I get HP to fix the other 2 issues? Are they covered under HP's warranty? Thanks in advance.
    Best bet is to demand the"Advanced Replacement" option and that they waive the fee. They will send you a replacement TP (refurb) and then you send back your TP in the provided box. I am currently awaiting the replacement for my TP which has the speaker cracks. I have applied a drop of super glue to the crack and besides that the TP works great. After using the replacement, if I find any issues with it, I will just send that back instead of my cracked one.
    I'm very happy with my TouchPad, but I've developed a couple of cracks in the plastic edging, by the two speaker outlets. Called HP customer support yesterday and they're shipping me out a box so I can send it back for repair. They were very cool about it.

Please note, this is in no way a complaint...merely an alert that you might want to check your TouchPad for similar cracks. If it's happening to me, I'm guessing it's probably happening for others.
    Last edited by StevePR104; 09/27/2011 at 08:49 AM.