Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1126
Like Tree67Likes
  1. #481  
    if there is guaranty on it they will fix it or give you a new one. They do have enough TouchPads for guaranty cases.
    Click here to see my Palm Pre photos



    Fave Apps: Agenda, Facebook, Molo Photo Filters Pro, Spaz, AuctionMate Pro, Flickr Mundo, Brightness Unlinked, AccuWeather, NomNomNom, KalemSoft Media Player, Paketverfolgung, Puzzle Master

    Palm Pre -> HP Pre 3 + TouchPad <3
  2. #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by woosh View Post
    Well, that's a shame. After noticing a speaker crack, I later looked at the usb port, and doggone if there isn't a good 1/2 inch crack extending up the back. I bought a touchstone, so I know i only used the port 2 times. It isn't 30 days old yet, so I'm worried how brittle this stuff is. I'm probably crazy for thinking the beveled back puts stress on an already weak cover.
    I'm still waiting for my front and back screen protectors to be delivered. Are these just cosmetic issues, or could these affect my screen?
    If HP's just using up their old stock, well, the future's not looking too bright.
    And for those that overclocked, would that affect your exchange?
    I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow.
    Being overclocked just doctor your device before the exchange and you'll be fine

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Being overclocked just doctor your device before the exchange and you'll be fine

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    simply removing/uninstalling all the patches and apps from Preware,
    followed by a full erase, is not enough?
  4. #484  
    So I developed a crack near the speaker and usb port. I called in and took the accidental care package and was told to expect a call or email in 24 hours. Its been 3 days, and nothing, I got an email from HP, but it was advertisement. Anyone else go for the accidental care package and received the promo code for it?
  5. #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by starsailor View Post
    if there is guaranty on it they will fix it or give you a new one. They do have enough TouchPads for guaranty cases.
    a new one? I don't think so...
  6. #486  
    if they didnt have refurbs... i imagine it's cheaper to just order a supply of back covers and just replace em and send them out. i bet most wont even notice the cracks until too late and many will just live with it. make it a year and most will be out of warranty and that's that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    a new one? I don't think so...
  7. #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    if they didnt have refurbs... i imagine it's cheaper to just order a supply of back covers and just replace em and send them out. i bet most wont even notice the cracks until too late and many will just live with it. make it a year and most will be out of warranty and that's that.
    I'm sure people who visit Precentral regularly have already
    carefully examined their Touchpads with magnifying glasses.
  8. #488  
    I'm just curious, what are you guys doing to your TP that eventually causes these cracks? Do they just randomly appear? Or are you guys dropping them, etc?
  9. #489  
    sure, but that will still be a small amount of people compared to all that's out there. it's those p|c members probably keeping them busy and give them the most trouble demanding replacements all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I'm sure people who visit Precentral regularly have already
    carefully examined their Touchpads with magnifying glasses.
  10. #490  
    Why do they crack? I have 2 TPs here and mines have not developed anything like that/
  11. #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by ribeyesteaks View Post
    I'm just curious, what are you guys doing to your TP that eventually causes these cracks? Do they just randomly appear? Or are you guys dropping them, etc?
    My touchpad was in HP's folio case the day I received it. It was never dropped or handled roughly, yet I noticed a hairline crack above the left speaker last week. It appears this is an inherent flaw with these devices (after seeing how many people are suffering from this issue). I say "suffering" but in reality I could care less. A spot of glue fixed my issue. However I would be interested in another case for the 2 16GB touchpads I have coming in the mail this week...
  12. #492  
    give it time.

    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    Why do they crack? I have 2 TPs here and mines have not developed anything like that/
  13. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #493  
    my 2 has no cracks at all. but i wonder if someone might start making 3rd party metal replacement plates or something. that would be pretty sweet.
    DemonHighwayman likes this.
  14. #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    my 2 has no cracks at all. but i wonder if someone might start making 3rd party metal replacement plates or something. that would be pretty sweet.
    metal sounds great.... I'm getting a gold-plated one when they become available.
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    If you call them, the current options are repair/replacement, or a year of free adp (accidental damage protection), or a free touchpad case. The case isn't all that useful as it does -not- cover the edge along the speakers where the damage often occurs. Asp is nice if the crack is liveable. Replacement means refurb, you can decide if that's better than the new device you have...
    When I called the only option I was given was to send it in for repair.
    No other choices were given even for the one that didn't need to be fixed, though has hairline cracks.
  16. #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by karun View Post
    Why do they crack? I have 2 TPs here and mines have not developed anything like that/
    I think it depends on how you hold the device. I held mine in landscape with my left hand near the left speaker = left speaker cracked.

    The speakers should have been at the top with the bottom being the solid area, imo.
  17. #497  
    Why do we need yet another thread on this topic?
  18. #498  
    HP is probably working on the theory that just like mobile phones in one year they will be so outdated that most customers won't be that bothered to send them back.
  19. c000's Avatar
    Posts
    665 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    metal sounds great.... I'm getting a gold-plated one when they become available.
    what, no diamond?
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    I'm sure people who visit Precentral regularly have already
    carefully examined their Touchpads with magnifying glasses.
    I hadn't but just did, no cracks on mine, knock on wood.

    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    what, no diamond?
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    metal sounds great.... I'm getting a gold-plated one when they become available.
    You're right, gold is too soft, won't crack but might cave in!

Posting Permissions