Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes
    64gb here, just noticed crack
    just noticed I have the same problem. Anyone UK based had this problem and what have been your options? Only had the device a week.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I noticed a crack near one of my external speakers yesterday. I called HP and asked if they could fix it. They're sending me a shipping box over the next couple of days and told me that they'll have mine back to me within a week after they receive it. I hope it's actually mine and not a refurbished model.

I didn't realize this was common until I got off the phone with HP and started an internet search. Voila, I see a bunch of fellow Touchpad owners are having the same problem. I'm gonna miss my Touchpad while it's being serviced.
    even though you will be without your tp for a week I think this is a better option then getting a refurb. let us know how it goes!
    thirdcup likes this.
    I just chatted with hp and they said they couldn't do anything for me lol.
    Will try again later.
    Just thought I'd add that I also contacted HP via Chat the other day. They couldn't wave the fee for the advance, so they are sending me the box to ship it to them for repairs. If it is not repairable, they'd replace it.

Did anyone notice their screen is slightly raised? Mine wasn't flush all the way on the left side, and it won't "snap" back in so something happened when putting the screen in. I think that is why the speaker area cracks because the screens aren't being set correctly. At least that's what it looks like for me. Too much play room and flexibility in the plastic.

I hope I get my actual TP back and they just replace the entire plastic casing and screen. Kind of a botch job if you ask me. Rep said it would take 7-10 days from the day I get the box. At least HP is accepting them for repairs. I almost said "Whatever, it was only $150" but then I thought again... I used my hard earned money for a new product! So we'll see how this repair goes.
    Just got off the phone with hp, due to the high volume of prob such as this, they are sending me a brand new one, with a $350 hold on my account. But still not to bad for a brand new touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSamir View Post
    Just got off the phone with hp, due to the high volume of prob such as this, they are sending me a brand new one, with a $350 hold on my account. But still not to bad for a brand new touchpad.
    they specifically said that it would be a brand new in box touchpad? That's the first time I've heard of that, everyone including myself has been receiving refurbished touchpads.
    Mine is having the same issue as well. Just got off the phone, they said they would offer me 1) 1 year accidental damage warranty coverage, 2) hp touchpad case (they said that the case should stop the crack from spreading), 3) send it back in to get it fixed (they said it would be my own unit being returned, not a refurb).

I am looking to get my own unit fixed, I'd hate to get a free case only to find out that it doesn't keep the crack from spreading and then I am out of luck! Has anyone received the case, and can vouch if that's true or not?
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    I would go with the 1 year accidental, and in 1 year, I would call them and get them to fix my cracks and whatever else is wrong with the TouchPad.

what number are people calling???
    Quote Originally Posted by disoriented View Post
    they specifically said that it would be a brand new in box touchpad? That's the first time I've heard of that, everyone including myself has been receiving refurbished touchpads.
    Yup, they said they would be sending me a new one. Asked 2 times. They said in words "In order to gain more information on this problem, we will be sending you a new touchpad." If they for some reason dont, I shall call and maybe complain
    I have a 32GB TP from Wal-mart. I keep in its case when I go out, and it's been out maybe twice, and even then, not even used.

I have a crack at the headphone jack, I have a feeling it happened when I tried out my headphones the other day. I guess I'll call HP soon. It's just cosmetic, but I guess I'd still like to let them know before the 30-day period is up.

Annnnd there is a crack by my speaker. Not nearly as noticeable as my headphone crack, but sheesh.
    Last edited by ikimashokie; 09/08/2011 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikimashokie View Post
    I have a 32GB TP from Wal-mart. I keep in its case when I go out, and it's been out maybe twice, and even then, not even used.

I have a crack at the headphone jack, I have a feeling it happened when I tried out my headphones the other day. I guess I'll call HP soon. It's just cosmetic, but I guess I'd still like to let them know before the 30-day period is up.
    My second touchpad has a crack by the headphone jack and I've never plugged headphones into it. The bottom line is that there is no way to prevent the cracks short of not using it at all.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Please post number you all are calling. Would like to get a new replacement unit from them.
    ericgrand likes this.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Looked at my touchpad today, and I have the Trifecta (Both speakers and the headphone). Only little ones but a little concerned thus far.

Called up HP Palm (Australia, but of course callcentre in India), was told to email with photos of the cracks, and the receipt. Dunno where this will get me, but we'll see.
  17. uk1
    Quote Originally Posted by iainkirk View Post
    Are all of these crack problems on 16GB/32GB models, or do the white 64GB cases suffer from this problem as well?
    I have it on a 64gb. I'm going to live with it and simply hope it doesn't get worst.
    Mine has gotten progressively worse. Don't just "live with it" unless you really want to see things start breaking off!
    Received my advanced replacement today. Called to give CC info on Saturday. Replacement came in a brown box w/ just the touchpad. So far so good. No hairline cracks anywhere that I can see. No scratches. Color temp same as original unit. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
    I have a small crack near one of the speakers. Its not too bad so I went with HP's offer of a free case. HP said the free case does not negate my ability to use the warranty if the crack gets worse or others form. So I am a happy camper. Good screen and all pixels are good so why risk it for a cosmetic crack. Love the Touchpad so far - come on someone buy webOS!!!